Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tcatman  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2020 03:29:48(UTC)
tcatman

I am trying to repair some Marklin cars from Ebay and train shows. I need everything to run on three solid rail M track. (compared to the US world of Hook versus knuckle retrofits... the EU world is complicated) So,

Where can you purchase in less then 50 amounts a non nem Marklin coupler as shown in the item Marklin 7205. I don't need 50 .... nor do I want to spend 43.89 us for a 12 dollar beer car. I need the coupler with the center hole. I can't find a package of a pair of couplers anywhere but on Ebay. (I have looked at modelbahnlippe and some US dealers with no luck).

On one of the cars the marklin wheel sets come apart. the metal rim and flange separated from the plastic hub. pressing them back on with compression doesn't hold up and the cars derail. I can CA glue them back together but am i better off replacing with another 11 mm marklin AC wheel set? Moreover, the plastic axle doesn't look straight. Not sure what the problem is.

I also have some Lima brand wagons. I believe I can replace the DC wheel sets with Roco AC wheels which should work on the Marklin M track. (Info from this user board) I have not been able to find a replacement coupling. This is a non nem coupler that use a rivet post as part of the coupler with the standard telex hoop and pin. Thoughts on how to repair this one.
The other marklin coupling found in the 7205 package looks like it might be a substitute.... or potentially modified to fit. Any idea where the dimensions of that one could be found.... How do you go about shimming up these kinds of couplers to the proper heights. I am used to frame mounted couplers and varying the offset of the KD kunckle to get things to work.

If all else fails... I guess I can modify the base of the car and add a NEM pocket and a standard nem coupler of choice.... Do you have any recommendations on what brand of NEM coupler pocket and couplers to look at and where to find?
Thanks
Offline dominator  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2020 05:44:45(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Photos of what you are doing might help. Also photos of the couplers you want to use.
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline tcatman  
#3 Posted : 11 February 2020 06:42:23(UTC)
tcatman

Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
Photos of what you are doing might help. Also photos of the couplers you want to use.

Done

Why is it so damn hard to find a current model number for the standard 10 mm diamter Marklin AC wheel set? Where would you look for this info?
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 11 February 2020 18:23:09(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: tcatman Go to Quoted Post
Where can you purchase in less then 50 amounts a non nem Marklin coupler as shown in the item Marklin 7205. I don't need 50 .... nor do I want to spend 43.89 us for a 12 dollar beer car. I need the coupler with the center hole. I can't find a package of a pair of couplers anywhere but on Ebay. (I have looked at modelbahnlippe and some US dealers with no luck). ...

Some dealers order the spare parts at Maerklin when you send them an order. Then you have to wait till the dealer receives the spare parts and then they charge you the prices from Maerklin.

I had the same problem and I found the dealer Lokmuseum.de.

https://www.lokmuseum.de...1811528355e4&suchen=

Be carefull he has the 50 piece coupler package as well (of course), but offering single couplers too. As you see, he has 20 pages for spare parts in his shop. He does not offer only single Maerklin article numbers, he also offers the Exxx.xxx Maerklin spar parts numbers too. I am very satisfied and buying now my spare parts in his shop.

Offline dominator  
#5 Posted : 11 February 2020 21:19:02(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
I saw 1borna repair some Lima 2 axle coaches by drilling the chassis to put bolts through the coupler into the chassis and he bent some wire to create a ü"shape which he fitted through drilled holes in the chassis as well to controll the plastic springs on the coupler. An excellent fix. That prompted me to go online and buy the whole set [ Marklin 7205. I don't need 50 .... nor do I want to spend 43.89 us for a 12 dollar beer car ]. In the long run, buying the whole set was cheaper than buying individual couplings which I have seen listed for $3.50 NZ each. l have spares of course, but what the hell.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 12 February 2020 15:33:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: tcatman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post

Done

Why is it so damn hard to find a current model number for the standard 10 mm diamter Marklin AC wheel set? Where would you look for this info?

Download the Trix new Items brochure and find a similar wagon. It will list the part number for the AC wheel set.
Offline tcatman  
#7 Posted : 14 February 2020 23:54:28(UTC)
tcatman

Thanks all, the German shops gave me pics and numbers and I was able to find some USA ebay dealers who stocked the parts I needed or can modify. thanks