Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2020 15:30:39(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
I was wondering if anyone has decided to purchase a 3D printer to make buildings and such. I have been looking into the possibility and I would like to get someone's feedback on their experiences.

My primary reason is cost of the plastic kits. I have all the time to make or create building parts but I do not have an endless supply of money to buy all the kits that I would like to buy. It seem that at around $500.00 to $700.00 you can purchase a good quality printer and then build parts to create buildings, bridges etc.

Your thought please, thanks!

Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2020 17:35:14(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hello,

I haven't printed full 3D buildings yet but I've looked into it. I use a Creality Ender 3 and find it absolutely amazing - it's the best low-cost printer out there in my opinion. It can print in high detail too depending on your settings. Here's an example on eBay:

https://rover.ebay.com/r...f%3Ag%3ABsMAAOSwYTBeQn5X

A standard HO scale building a couple inches square / rectangular would likely take 5hrs or so. You can print the box or each wall separately and then glue. You'd likely then want to just use a plastic card to make the roof and not 3D print that. You can also make details like roof vents, railings, fences, etc.

Here's an example of a simple fence I made that took just a couple of minutes to print:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 11.39.20 AM.png

Paul
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3