Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline El Capitan  
#1 Posted : 10 September 2019 00:54:36(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
Hello all.

It's been a while since I've posted, but this summer I was on an eight day trackside vacation in the Harz, and I thought I'd show you my videos.
During my stay, steam in Selketal was cancelled, so the videos are from Harzquerbahn and Brockenbahn. Hopefully I'll return next year to visit Selketalbahn.

Enjoy BigGrin

Jens

thanks 9 users liked this useful post by El Capitan
Offline sidblack  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2020 05:17:54(UTC)
sidblack

Australia   
Thanks Jens for these wonderful videos. Beautifully shot with thoughtful scenes and editing. I'm hoping to go the Harz mountains myself this December (2020) and see these wonderful steam railroads working in the snow.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sidblack
Offline El Capitan  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2020 09:41:21(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: sidblack Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Jens for these wonderful videos. Beautifully shot with thoughtful scenes and editing. I'm hoping to go the Harz mountains myself this December (2020) and see these wonderful steam railroads working in the snow.

I hope you get to go there. It's a one of a kind experience, beautiful scenery and a must for every steam enthusiast. I'm planning to return this summer, but this time exploring the Selketalbahn Wink

Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 08 February 2020 17:41:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Oh but please not to be disappointed, if there is no snow. This is possible. You missed the train in January 2019.

Then the loco has to be grubbed out from the snow

but of course sometimes is Kaiserwetter (= a beautiful day)

Be careful all the time, the Brocken is well known as the Witche Mountain. The witches can be anywhere.Love
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Vanvlak  
#5 Posted : 08 February 2020 18:15:57(UTC)
Vanvlak

Malta   
That brings back some memories from April 2019.
My favourite station was Eisfelder Talmuhle, but the Wernigerode terminus was a spectacle to behold.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 08 February 2020 18:50:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Next time i go there I want to visit the museum in the old listening station building at the top.

Offline sidblack  
#7 Posted : 09 February 2020 07:08:41(UTC)
sidblack

Australia   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Oh but please not to be disappointed, if there is no snow. This is possible. You missed the train in January 2019.

Then the loco has to be grubbed out from the snow

Thanks for the advice. It looks incredibly cold in the second of those videos. And it may just be cold and no snow or it might be Kaiserwetter as you say. We're looking to stay in Wernigerode for a week and enjoy the whole European Christmas experience - so hopefully that includes snow!

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sidblack