Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 04 February 2020 05:38:35(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, nothing extraordinary about this loco except it was always on my wish as a youngster to own one but this never happened so 70 years or so later I've purchased 3 of them over the years and they have a special memory in my mind, I'm asking myself what is it when one has grown up going through life as an adult and here we are reminiscing about a loco from almost 70 years ago., it hasn't brake pads, originally no tender lights, no smoke unit and none of the details of the newer version of today and yet it performs as a new loco with a sound decoder, smoke unit, gear inspection light, led's front & rear and a 4 pin electrical coupling.
Getting older one decides some of the collection one has accrued over time its time to let go of it, like we have a full cabinet of different glasses for different occasions, since we don't drink or very rarely, its an overkill and you would think the same about a collection of locos, suppose when you drink there is a purpose of having all these glasses, plates, cutlery, pots and pans and our pantry is full of odds and ends, I think it would be a different story if my wife is in control of my loco collection and I'm in control of all the kitchen ware., table cloths, etc etc but marriage life is all about compromises, you don't buy as many locos as you used to.

John

Edited by user 05 February 2020 03:42:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 05 February 2020 09:20:29(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
..... one decides some of the collection one has accrued over time its time to let go of it, like we have a full cabinet of different glasses for different occasions, since we don't drink or very rarely, its an overkill and you would think the same about a collection of locos, suppose when you drink there is a purpose of having all these glasses, plates, cutlery, pots and pans and our pantry is full of odds and ends, ......

John

Well after 38 years, we decided out with the bits and pieces of pots, pans, lids that don't fit etc.
And out with the glasses, teacups, which used to be in sets of 6, now one and a half of one set, saucers but no cups, etc.

And we shouted ourselves to a beautiful set of pots and pans from Italy, all made in one pressing of aluminium sandwiched between stainless steel.
What a joy to cook with.
And new glasses sets.

As for the 3005 BR23 I don't own one, probably never will.
I bought one at auction once in a Lot with another loco, and told the auctioneer to sell the BR23 at his next sale.
Which he did.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow