Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline John Ferguson  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2019 17:27:59(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
There was a new small update today.

Does anyone know what it is for?

John
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2019 17:54:16(UTC)
Goofy

Don´t understand your information...
Märklin does not working on sunday and there is no information about upgrade.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2019 18:45:20(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: John Ferguson Go to Quoted Post

John

How did you get the information? My CS 3 does not give this information by a red tickmark, as usual. The tickmark remains at green. Also an update from vers 2.0.0.(1) - last SW info version on my CS 3+ - to vers 2.05.2 would not be a minor update in my opinion.
Offline John Ferguson  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2019 20:25:02(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

John

How did you get the information? My CS 3 does not give this information by a red tickmark, as usual. The tickmark remains at green. Also an update from vers 2.0.0.(1) - last SW info version on my CS 3+ - to vers 2.05.2 would not be a minor update in my opinion.

I received the red tick mark and clicked on the update. What it might be perhaps is that the update 2.0 did not complete properly.

John
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2019 21:09:22(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I think that u see 16 supervisor 2.05.02 but that was not markt for update when 6 cs3-gui 2.0.0(1) arrived last week...
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline Purellum  
#6 Posted : 22 December 2019 21:12:07(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
I think that u see 16 supervisor 2.05.02 but that was not markt for update when 6 cs3-gui 2.0.0(1) arrived last week...

I think I saw somebody mentioning the same on Stummi's a few days ago Cool

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#7 Posted : 22 December 2019 21:13:51(UTC)
TEEWolf

I received the red tick mark and clicked on the update. What it might be perhaps is that the update 2.0 did not complete properly.

John

Hello John,

there was indeed a small update a few days ago. It was an update from vers 2.0.0 to vers 2.0.0 (1).

See this thread

https://www.marklin-user...--to-v2-0-0-1--13Dec2019

at post #17.

Please be aware, the thread opener started this thread in 2016 for the SW update 1.2. Now - 3 years later - it was changed to a thread for 2019. Unfortunately you get information about various different updates for the CS 3 in one thread. It may be confusing, but fortunately it is short thread.

Which SW version have you installed on your CS 3? You see it under the menu path "systems/settings/CS 3/info". I got version 2.0.0 (1) after the last update a few days ago.

Regards

TEEWolf
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#8 Posted : 22 December 2019 21:40:14(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
On my device whas16 supervisor 2.05.02 with bold but not market like 6 cs3-gui 2.0.0(1) 13.12.2019.

An observation I made Cool
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline John Ferguson  
#9 Posted : 24 December 2019 09:00:08(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
On my device whas16 supervisor 2.05.02 with bold but not market like 6 cs3-gui 2.0.0(1) 13.12.2019.

An observation I made Cool

On my device the software is 2.0.0(1)

John
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by John Ferguson
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#10 Posted : 24 December 2019 13:04:35(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
same on my, Merry Christmas!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline Drjoe11  
#11 Posted : 25 December 2019 22:28:57(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
Hate the update. It mad a big change on editing MFX devices. I hope Marklin goes back to the way it was in the last update.
Offline WilliamA  
#12 Posted : 28 December 2019 15:43:33(UTC)
WilliamA

United Kingdom   
The update, from the german support pages, solved my problem due to an incomplete update for 1.4.1.
I think the new version is very good.

Iphone apps still work

I can check the CS3 from my Imac over wifi

the help section via the web browser is excellent

the update kept data re points and rolling stock

brilliant!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by WilliamA
Offline TEEWolf  
#13 Posted : 28 December 2019 17:04:41(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: WilliamA Go to Quoted Post
The update, from the german support pages, solved my problem due to an incomplete update for 1.4.1.

Iphone apps still work

brilliant!

Wow - one of the rare Maerklin users who is fully satisfied with the controller CS 3 from Maerklin.
Happy New Year - keep on staying.Smile
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline rrf  
#14 Posted : 28 December 2019 17:17:36(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Wow - one of the rare Maerklin users who is fully satisfied with the controller CS 3 from Maerklin.
Happy New Year - keep on staying.Smile

I am another happy CS3 customer and I too have not had any trouble with the latest updates. That said, I have only run trains and configured an M84 for my son‘s layout since installing the new code. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed for when I get back to serious layout construction in the coming weeks Wink

Happy New Year!
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rrf
Offline David Dewar  
#15 Posted : 28 December 2019 21:26:09(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I like my CS3+ but could not use a phone to run the locos. Running a steamer with a mobile phone is just not right somehow.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Drjoe11  
#16 Posted : 29 December 2019 12:06:37(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
For some reason after this update I lost all of the symbols for my loco functions.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 29 December 2019 12:07:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Drjoe11 Go to Quoted Post
For some reason after this update I lost all of the symbols for my loco functions.

This sounds like the update hasn't completed properly. I would suggest trying it again, doing a force update if needed.

Offline Purellum  
#18 Posted : 29 December 2019 13:00:47(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
I would suggest trying it again, doing a force update if needed.

s

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#19 Posted : 29 December 2019 13:25:42(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: WilliamA Go to Quoted Post

Iphone apps still work

brilliant!

Same here! It works better since Märklin did fixed bugs.
I have version 2.0.0 (1).
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Drjoe11  
#20 Posted : 29 December 2019 16:12:51(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
How do you do a force update to the CS3+. I cannot find it in any manual. I just re-downloaded the latest update to a USB stick. Version 2.00 (1). I had already loaded that when my problems started. I guess a force update may fix it all. Thanks for any help. Joe
Offline TEEWolf  
#21 Posted : 31 December 2019 01:30:44(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Drjoe11 Go to Quoted Post
How do you do a force update to the CS3+. I cannot find it in any manual. I just re-downloaded the latest update to a USB stick. Version 2.00 (1). I had already loaded that when my problems started. I guess a force update may fix it all. Thanks for any help. Joe

Nobody had answered yet?

Do a bootloader update. (page 32 in the CS 3 manual) Therefore you have to activate the bootloader function first under Systems/settings/CS3/CAN-bus. Could be perhaps one step before in older versions, because Maerklin changed the menu tree. When you have tickmarked the bootloader button, press the "Help"?" button at the same site of the CS 3. Follow the very detailed description for the single steps which have to be done for a bootloader update. Many success.
Offline sgbrail  
#22 Posted : 13 January 2020 07:16:24(UTC)
sgbrail

Australia   
We are CS3 users from Australia.

We recently updated our CS3 with the above system update and find we cannot connect to the CONTROL section of the web interface on our iPads, IPhones or MAC using Safari, Firefox or Chrome browsers.

Although we can connect to the other pages such as System etc, when we click on Control the browser tries to load the page but we just see the progress bar over and over again “Connect to CS3". There seems to be a basic fault.

We have reloaded this from both a USB stick and directly over the internet with the same result.

We reloaded our CS3 with 1.4.1 (just put the old system on the USB and clicked on the update button) and it works fine and we can at least run our trains and track controls.

I don’t think we are doing anything wrong but please let us know if there is a bug fix or if anyone has any insight as to when/if the issue will be fixed? If other countries are not having the issue, then maybe this is only an issue in the English language version of the interface and Marklin has failed to let us know?

Cheers, Dad & Dave
Offline phils2um  
#23 Posted : 13 January 2020 07:59:55(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
I think you may need to clear the cookies in the browsers on your iPads and phones. I had to do this myself. You will need to agree to the CS3 software license terms again and also what I call the "anti-electrocution" waiver - this will seem endless but there is a blue accept box once you scroll to the bottom of the notice. These will come up when you first connect after clearing the cookies. You should then be able to use the webserver controller. Be aware there are glitches in the new version that were not there previously.

Phil S.
Phil S.
Offline sgbrail  
#24 Posted : 13 January 2020 08:14:24(UTC)
sgbrail

Australia   
Hi Phil. Have you actually got the iPad/iphone to drive trains and switch turnouts on a track diagram with the new update 2.0.0 (1) on your CS3?

What browser and apple systems are you using on the devices?

We have changed the wi-fi addresses and launched the browsers many times, we have agreed to both the BLUE terms and conditions buttons many times and can connect to the CS3 but the Control panels fail to load. I don't think this is a cookie issue as we get connected but can't load the control interface.
Cheers, Dad & Dave
Offline Copenhagen  
#25 Posted : 13 January 2020 11:01:21(UTC)
Copenhagen

It helped a guy in a Danish forum to clear the Safari cache on his iPad when he had a similar problem.
Offline phils2um  
#26 Posted : 14 January 2020 05:35:16(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
HI Dad & Dave,

I've got an iPhone 6s running iOS 13.3 and Safari, my tablet is an Amazon Fire running Fire OS 5.3.7.0 and Amazon's Silk browser. What you are describing is one of the "glitches". I think if you go back to the "Home Page" then "Control" again your track plan display and locos may show up. If not, try going back and forth again and again. It should eventually load OK. Sometimes just tapping on the blank display will cause the track plan to show up. Clearly Märklin has a lot of work to do to clean up this mess they've made of browser control under update 2.0.0(1). It's too bad because their initial rollout worked so well and was a huge advantage for their system.

Edit added: To actually answer your first question, yes I've been able to use my iphone to operate trains and turnouts since the update. Touch sensitivity for the turnouts on the track plan display seems poorer since the update. But, if I use the pull down item menu they switch with no problem.

I just tried some things using my laptop, MacOS 10.13.6 and Safari 13.0.4. Everything seems fine with it. I even did some minor track plan editing with the "Control" window on the laptop. I am also able to operate trains and turnouts without any problems so far. (Unlike the glitches I'm experiencing on the iphone and tablet.)

Phil S.
Phil S.
Offline sgbrail  
#27 Posted : 14 January 2020 07:11:59(UTC)
sgbrail

Australia   
Thanks Phil, after trawling through Stumis forum in Germany and using Google page Translate feature, it appears that the CONTROL interface may not have been included with this update at all. But if you have it working it is all very mysterious.

We will wait for more positive forum comments before updating our CS3.

https://translate.google...mdnAZgoCIkiE-lg#p2044984
Cheers, Dad & Dave