Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline phils2um  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2019 05:54:38(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Anyone else having trouble with the web browser control since the latest CS3 update? I'm having problems with both Safari on an iPhone (iOS 13.3) and Silk on my Fire tablet (Fire OS 5.6.4.0). Both worked OK before CS3 update to 2.0.0(1) Also having problems with MobileStation on the iPhone now.
Phil S.
Offline Copenhagen  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2019 14:34:49(UTC)
Copenhagen

There seems to be an update to version 2.0
Saw it here: https://www.marklin-user...face-problem-version-2-0
But maybe you already have the latest update...
Offline phils2um  
#3 Posted : 27 December 2019 00:40:05(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
I had performed the second December update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.0(1) already. I'm still having trouble with the CS3 webserver apps. My CS3 shows a green dot indicating it is up to date.

Note added: I cleared the cookies from both web browsers and started the web apps again. I had to agree again to the licenses terms and that I had read the anti-electrocution notice before the apps would start. This did not solve the glitches.
Phil S.
Offline Copenhagen  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2019 02:39:27(UTC)
Copenhagen

We're having the same discussion in a Danish group. I haven't used my CS3 with a router and iPad and android phone since the latest updates but I hope to get to try it the next few days and will report back.
Offline Copenhagen  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2019 16:28:45(UTC)
Copenhagen

I've just tested with my router. The web server works on my iPad (using Safari browser). The track plan with signals and points show up and can be activated with no problems. The locomotives, on the other hand, are a bit problematic. They don't show up immediately, the whole train section is empty and I have to go back an forth and into different menus on the start screen/home screen and the control screen before the locos finally are imported to the iPad control screen.
Offline phils2um  
#6 Posted : 03 January 2020 03:40:57(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Those are the types of problems I'm having. Also, if the iphone display goes to sleep, after being awakened when Safari reconnects to the CS3 the track plan is blank but touching the screen brings it back. Also having trouble operating turnouts on the trackplan. The pull down menu works OK though. I'm wondering if this is a underhanded way to sell the new R/C handset and receiver.
Phil S.
Offline Copenhagen  
#7 Posted : 03 January 2020 18:22:29(UTC)
Copenhagen

I haven't been doing much driving on my layout recently because I've been busy finishing some landscaping details with trees, bushes, grass, gravel etc... but it doesn't seem that there are general problems with Marklin's webserver and connectivity. If so there would have been more public reactions in various discussion forums.
When using a portable device it's probably a good idea to have it not go to sleep or into standby.
Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 03 January 2020 21:27:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
I haven't been doing much driving on my layout recently because I've been busy finishing some landscaping details with trees, bushes, grass, gravel etc... but it doesn't seem that there are general problems with Marklin's webserver and connectivity. If so there would have been more public reactions in various discussion forums.
When using a portable device it's probably a good idea to have it not go to sleep or into standby.

Did you try a bootloader update at your CS 3? Reading yours and @Copenhagen posts, it sounds something did not go quite well with your update procedure. Even it shows the little green tickmark point at the CS 3. The bootloader button must be activated first under systems/settings/CS3/CAN-bus. Please read the instructons in the help function of the CS 3 itself. These are a very important for the bootloader procedure.
Offline Copenhagen  
#9 Posted : 03 January 2020 23:36:00(UTC)
Copenhagen

Thanks for the reply TEEWolf. I don't know if there is something wrong with my CS3 system update. The delay of the locomotive list could be caused by other things. Nevertheless I found your instructions in how to do a bootloader update in a post from you on August 5th 2018 and printed them for future reference.
Offline phils2um  
#10 Posted : 13 May 2020 21:25:02(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
I never did try the bootloader update suggested by TEEWolf, but, for what it is worth, the latest CS3 update, v2.1.0(2) has resolved most of the issues I'd been having with web-browser control using my iphone 6S iOS v.13.3.1 and Fire 7 Fire OS 5.3.7.0. Both are seem to be working much better since the CS3 update.

Phil S.
Phil S.