Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline SteamBob  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2019 11:50:59(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Having just purchased some more Marklin for Christmas I was eager to test them out. I had some problems getting a Br50 1035 to be rerecognized after I shut down the system the other night. I searched here for possible causes. The CS2 would say Recognizing MFX but always said NO LOCO. MFX would blink on the screen but never recognize the Loco. I tried disconnecting the power to the 60113 and reconnecting without the Loco on the track, then place the loco on the track and try again. It never got recognized. All my other Locos I previously used on the CS2 worked fine. The onlly exception was the fact tht this BR 50 (37848) was last used in the far right position on the CS2. Then I powered up the CS2 gain and it would not come out of the stop condition for more than a few seconds. First I suspect maybe the lighted bumper on my TEST Track may have shorted, so I disconnected that. Same problem. So I disconnected the wires to my test track. Same trouble. So I have an old Digital controller, I am aware. But why all of a sudden would it just quit and what is at fault? I have no Idea. Any Help would be appreciated. I am savy with electrical. I have been a model Railroader for many, many years.But the Marklin Digital and DCC not so much.Confused
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2019 19:09:58(UTC)
Goofy

What power source do you have for the CS2?
What power source do you have for the 60113?
Did you set at the system by accept mfx protocol too?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 26 December 2019 20:59:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: SteamBob Go to Quoted Post
Then I powered up the CS2 gain and it would not come out of the stop condition for more than a few seconds.

This sounds like the decoder in the loco has died. It works well enough to tell the cs2 that it is an mfx decoder, but then in the process of registering something in it has gone short circuit and making the cs2 shut down.

Offline SteamBob  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2019 01:21:53(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Goofy : The power supply for the 60113 is the Marklin wall plug adapter 66360. The control box 60113 is connected to the MS2. The MS2 is connect to a separate test track with NO other loco on the track. Then as I was troubleshooting the going to stop problem the test track had No Loco at all on it. Now the MS2 is not connected to anything and the track wires are not touching at all.

The you asked "Did you set at the system by accept mfx protocol too?"
I do not understand the question. I tried (before the going to stop problem) plugging in the wall adapter with 60113 and 69653 connected. The MS2 booted normally. I tried setting the Loco on the track with the MS2 in STOP. Nothing happens. Next I select a open position with a + SIGN. Again nothing happens. Then I tried selecting the Loco from the saved loco list ( from a previous day). The MS2 immediately goes to the Last open Loco position at the bottom of the screen which has a small square shape instead of a + symbol and the screen still shows NO LOCO and MFX flashing but never stops. Similar happened when I select "Find Loco" except the highlighted + sign stays highlighted. The Loco is not in the database so I was unable to try that. I did try to manually enter code 50 in the address but That loco selection doesn't enable the Loco to run either.
I don't know how you " set at the system by accept mfx protocol too ".Glare
Offline SteamBob  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2019 01:26:25(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
KIWIALAN, you may be right. The Loco decoder amy have caused the CS2 or 60113 to fail. But it still goes to stop NOW with nothing connected, just disconnect NON_TOUCHING track lead wires.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 27 December 2019 03:47:59(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

That's Goofyish for saying "Did you check that mfx is enabled in the MS2 (or CS2) system setup screen?"

Goofy uses a translator to translate from his native Swedish to English, and the resulting text can sometimes sound a bit comical.....

If the MS2/CS2 goes straight into STOP mode when there is nothing on the track, check that there are no shorts on the track (I had this happen yesterday when I discovered a piece of M track was causing a short).

Basically, break the layout up into sections and work through the whole layout adding a new section each time you test for the STOP condition. If the MS2/CS2 works fine until you connect a section up, then you've identified which section has the short. You can then look at individual pieces in a similar way until you've found where the short is.
Offline dominator  
#7 Posted : 27 December 2019 08:03:11(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Your first post refers to a CS2 whereas your heading is MS2.. I think you are referring to MS2. If you are, then I can say I have had the same problem. I ended up going to see Lasse who has a CS3, and we sorted the problem out. There was nothing wrong with the decoder. Later I obtained another mfx loco with a loksound 5 decoder which I had problem registering, so back to Lasse again and we got that sorted out as well. Going to stop mode always happens to me when I cause a short.

They used to say in every computer program there are thousands of bugs, so if you only get a few little issues with the Marklin stuff you are doing ok.

I'm no computer wizz.

All the best for the new year.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline SteamBob  
#8 Posted : 27 December 2019 10:24:31(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

That's Goofyish for saying "Did you check that mfx is enabled in the MS2 (or CS2) system setup screen?"

Goofy uses a translator to translate from his native Swedish to English, and the resulting text can sometimes sound a bit comical.....

If the MS2/CS2 goes straight into STOP mode when there is nothing on the track, check that there are no shorts on the track (I had this happen yesterday when I discovered a piece of M track was causing a short).

Basically, break the layout up into sections and work through the whole layout adding a new section each time you test for the STOP condition. If the MS2/CS2 works fine until you connect a section up, then you've identified which section has the short. You can then look at individual pieces in a similar way until you've found where the short is.

Bigdaddyynz,
Yes I checked the track an the wires leading from the track box. No Shorts ! It does not go to stop in a split second, it takes up to 13 seconds to go back to stop without anything connected to the track box.
Nice reply, but I was smart enough to isolate the problem. But I don't know how to detect if it's the Track Box 60113 at fault or the MS2 controller.
Offline SteamBob  
#9 Posted : 27 December 2019 10:38:36(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
Your first post refers to a CS2 whereas your heading is MS2.. I think you are referring to MS2. If you are, then I can say I have had the same problem. I ended up going to see Lasse who has a CS3, and we sorted the problem out. There was nothing wrong with the decoder. Later I obtained another mfx loco with a loksound 5 decoder which I had problem registering, so back to Lasse again and we got that sorted out as well. Going to stop mode always happens to me when I cause a short.

They used to say in every computer program there are thousands of bugs, so if you only get a few little issues with the Marklin stuff you are doing ok.

I'm no computer wizz.

All the best for the new year.

Dereck

Thanks Dominator,

Yes I am aware of software problems on computers. Now days the programmers don't even bother to delete their mistakes they just make a non-executable line in the program to hide it. Ever wonder why your computer uses so much memory, but the original Apple and MSDOS computers only had 64K of memory BUT were able to do spreadsheets, word processors and games with graphics. Programmers have gotten lazy.

Anyway I managed dig around in boxes and find my old 6021 delta/digital controller and I got Locos to run including the one I had problems with , but with limited functions of course.

So, the loco is probably not the problem. So now I need to figure out if it's the track box or the MS2 controller. ANY ADVICE on how I do that? I don't have any friends with Marklin. ( PS the CS3 is out of my budget, I'm disabled and retired with very limited income.)
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 27 December 2019 16:05:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Yes I checked the track an the wires leading from the track box. No Shorts ! It does not go to stop in a split second, it takes up to 13 seconds to go back to stop without anything connected to the track box.
Nice reply, but I was smart enough to isolate the problem. But I don't know how to detect if it's the Track Box 60113 at fault or the MS2 controller.

I took it from what you said above that you had disconnected the track from the 60113 and it still goes into stop mode. If that is the case then the track box is faulty. If you haven't disconnected the track then do this test first.

If it doesn't go to stop when the track is disconnected then there is something out on the track causing a low resistance rather than a dead short, which may be why it takes awhile to go to stop mode rather than doing it immediately. Look for a screw or some other metallic object lying on the track somewhere. You may have dislodged something when putting the loco on the track so that is where I would start looking - there could even be a screw loose on the loco that fell of when putting it on the track.
Offline Goofy  
#11 Posted : 27 December 2019 17:00:10(UTC)
Goofy

When i did had MS2 before version 2.5 there was problem by recognize the loco with the new mfx decoder.
I thought at first to think was about if mfx protocol was disabled or enabled.
The system with both MS2 and CS2/3 must have mfx set in the system if you want to recognize the loco with the new mfx decoder and in both system there must be higher version.

H0
Offline dominator  
#12 Posted : 27 December 2019 21:44:27(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Steambob. If it is the track box, just go and buy another MS2 and track box. Run the 2 MS2's through the one track box. That's what I do. I recommend you do it even if you find the original track box isn't a problem.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 27 December 2019 22:30:07(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
Steambob. If it is the track box, just go and buy another MS2 and track box. Run the 2 MS2's through the one track box. That's what I do. I recommend you do it even if you find the original track box isn't a problem.

That might not be an option for him....

.....the CS3 is out of my budget, I'm disabled and retired with very limited income.

Offline TEEWolf  
#14 Posted : 28 December 2019 00:27:00(UTC)
TEEWolf

Bigdaddyynz,

If the short appears after about 13 sec it cannot be either a MS 2 nor a trackbox. Mine show immediatly a shortage, if they are the reason for it. Lasting 13 sec I assume the cause for the shortage is coming from the loco. Because these 13 sec are often the feedback time for a mfx signal for registration a loco at a controller.
Offline Purellum  
#15 Posted : 28 December 2019 00:32:49(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Bigdaddyynz,

If the short appears after about 13 sec it cannot be either a MS 2 nor a trackbox. Mine show immediatly a shortage, if they are the reason for it. Lasting 13 sec I assume the cause for the shortage is coming from the loco. Because these 13 sec are often the feedback time for a mfx signal for registration a loco at a controller.

Now the MS2 is not connected to anything and the track wires are not touching at all.

But it still goes to stop NOW with nothing connected

Try reading before answering BigGrin

I've now highlighted the information you've missed Blink

Per.

P.S: @TEEWolf: You've still not answered in this topic: https://www.marklin-user...4findunread-IR-Controler

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#16 Posted : 28 December 2019 09:49:48(UTC)
Goofy

A simple question:
Did you connected box 60113 together with the CS2 on the track?
H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 28 December 2019 14:48:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
A simple question:

I believe we have established that he doesn't any central station at all.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline SteamBob  
#18 Posted : 29 December 2019 11:24:55(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
A simple question:

I believe we have established that he doesn't any central station at all.

You are correct it is NOT a Central Station, it is a Mobile Station 2, AND 60113 WITH NO WIRES CONNECTED TO TRACK AND NOT TOUCHING EACH OTHER ( shorted ) it still goes to stop after 13 seconds.

I tend to believe some component in the track box has changed value and is slowly breaking down resistance during the 13 seconds thereby tripping the short safety circuit in the MS2.

I just ordered a new 60114 track box and 60657 MS2. At this time of year this busted my budget, but I need to find out what is wrong so I can return this Loco if need be.

Thanks to all for the advice. One comment: There seems to be some bickering among the contributors here. Please Gentlemen, Peace on Earth and have fun in the hobby.

My Live Steam friends don't bicker, they help each other.

BobBigGrin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SteamBob
Offline Goofy  
#19 Posted : 29 December 2019 12:09:46(UTC)
Goofy

You are correct it is NOT a Central Station, it is a Mobile Station 2, AND 60113 WITH NO WIRES CONNECTED TO TRACK AND NOT TOUCHING EACH OTHER ( shorted ) it still goes to stop after 13 seconds.

I tend to believe some component in the track box has changed value and is slowly breaking down resistance during the 13 seconds thereby tripping the short safety circuit in the MS2.

I just ordered a new 60114 track box and 60657 MS2. At this time of year this busted my budget, but I need to find out what is wrong so I can return this Loco if need be.

Bob

You mean 60116?
You must have two wires (brown and red) connect to the track.
In other way you cannot control and drive trains without wires connect to the tracks.
What ever if not connected or connect...your MS2 stop after 13 second seems total fault at the MS2.
Buy a new and this time with new box 60116.

H0
Offline SteamBob  
#20 Posted : 30 December 2019 02:10:17(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   

You are correct it is NOT a Central Station, it is a Mobile Station 2, AND 60113 WITH NO WIRES CONNECTED
TO TRACK AND NOT TOUCHING EACH OTHER ( shorted ) it still goes to stop after 13 seconds.

Bob

You mean 60116?
You must have two wires (brown and red) connect to the track.
In other way you cannot control and drive trains without wires connect to the tracks.
What ever if not connected or connect...your MS2 stop after 13 second seems total fault at the MS2.
Buy a new and this time with new box 60116.

NO. It is as stated. I have a Track Box 60113, It is very old one. The 60114 is new one that can be used with Large scale ( Spur 1 ). It has a higher amperage capacity than the 60116.

I have one question that I may not have mention here.

On the MS2, why does the last position of Locomotives available ( At the bottom of the MS2 display ) show a square box when all the other available positions are full??????Confused
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#21 Posted : 30 December 2019 03:51:40(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
It has a higher amperage capacity than the 60116.

I'm not sure that it does. It just has thicker wires to the track. This is hinted at given the 66361 36va power supply is listed as the power supply for 60112, 60113, 60114 and 60116.

I made that statement in the forum once before and got corrected, maybe someone can confirm.

There is no difference between 60113 and 60116 other than the colour.

Offline SteamBob  
#22 Posted : 30 December 2019 06:56:51(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
It has a higher amperage capacity than the 60116.

I'm not sure that it does. It just has thicker wires to the track. This is hinted at given the 66361 36va power supply is listed as the power supply for 60112, 60113, 60114 and 60116.

I made that statement in the forum once before and got corrected, maybe someone can confirm.

There is no difference between 60113 and 60116 other than the colour.

BibDAddy,

I said 60114. The 60112 (Grey) and the 60114 (Black ) have a higher amperage according to what I see from Marklin.

I would guess they have larder track lead wires. I hope so.
Offline Purellum  
#23 Posted : 30 December 2019 10:22:23(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

The 60112 (Grey) and the 60114 (Black ) have ahigher amperage according to what I see from Marklin.

I would like to know where you've found this info; because I'm sure they are all the same - as stated by Märklin:

Originally Posted by: Märklin Go to Quoted Post
There is a 1.9 amp output power section in the optionally available track connector box (60114 or 60112/60116 or 60113).

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/60657/

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Goofy  
#24 Posted : 30 December 2019 11:35:14(UTC)
Goofy

NO. It is as stated. I have a Track Box 60113, It is very old one. The 60114 is new one that can be used with Large scale ( Spur 1 ). It has a higher amperage capacity than the 60116.
On the MS2, why does the last position of Locomotives available ( At the bottom of the MS2 display ) show a square box when all the other available positions are full??????Confused

The box 60114 does only have thicker wires for the larger scale.
60114 are same like 60116.
The difference are size of the wires for the tracks.
It has same power output and feeds by same power supply for the box.

Not sure what you mean about MS2 display...

H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#25 Posted : 30 December 2019 11:51:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I have a Track Box 60113.......

I said 60114......

You've got me there......!Confused
Offline Purellum  
#26 Posted : 30 December 2019 12:25:33(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I have a Track Box 60113.......

I said 60114......

You've got me there......!Confused

He has a 60113 and he ordered a 60114 as replacement Blink

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#27 Posted : 30 December 2019 17:13:51(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Bit confused here (not unusual for me) but did this not start as a loco problem but has now gone to a MS2 or track box problem. I have probably missed this but do other locos work on the layout or just the one in the original post which does not work.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#28 Posted : 30 December 2019 20:47:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
He has a 60113 and he ordered a 60114 as replacement Blink

Yes, I'm well aware of that but I'm not sure why I got a flea in my ear!

@Flash Dave - there seems to be a problem with the track box rather than an individual loco. The MS2 goes into stop mode with the track box disconnected from everything.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#29 Posted : 31 December 2019 00:26:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I have one question that I may not have mention here.

On the older firmware for the ms2 the last selection space is for a loco which is defined using a card plugged into the card slot on the top of the ms2. When powered off the loco in this position is not remembered in the call-up list unless the card is plugged in.

Some non-mfx locos (I assume all non-mfx locos) are supplied with the loco details on a credit card sized card that can be plugged into this slot if the loco is too new to be in the internal database. You can also get blank cards that you can write loco details to to save them.

The most recent updates to the ms2 software change the way the loco list is displayed and this area looks quite different. I would strongly suggest you ask your dealer to update your ms2 to the current software level. He will need to have one of the following to do this

1. an ms2 at the current software level along with a track box that you can plug your ms2 into.
2. a cs2 at current software level. You can plug your ms2 into one of the connectors on the front edge to update it.
3. a cs3 at current software level. You can plug your ms2 into one of the front connectors to update it.

You only need to update one ms2. Once you get home and plug it into your track box the software in the track box will get updated, and then if you have a second ms2 that will also get updated.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline SteamBob  
#30 Posted : 03 January 2020 10:55:21(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Thanks Kiwi for that info.

Somehow others haven't read all of what I wrote here and maybe I left out a little in my explanation.

First I had just received a used Marklin 37848 BR 50 loco. I fired up my 60113 and 60653 MS2 and did manage ot get the BR50 to operate after some trouble and several tries. I also used some of my other Marklin Locos. At the end of that I shut everything down.

The next day I again went to start everything up and the MS2 appeared to be operating normally. I then attempted to set the BR50 on the track and use it. I then found that since all my Loco positions shown on the bottom of the MS2 were full except the last one which shows the small SQUARE instead of a + ( Plus sign ).
So I deleted one of my stored locos in one of the spaces at the bottom of the screen.

This action freed up that space and it showed a + sign. So
I selected the FIND and tried to get MFX on the MS2 to recognize the 37848 Loco. It would not recognize this MFX loco.

Then I tried to search the MS2 "NEW LOCO:From Database" and found 37848 was not listed.

Then I found the 37848 was stored ( it appeared) from the previous day in the MS2 memory. When I selected this the highlighted Loco storage space at the bottom of the screen jumped to the LAST position that indicated the small square. However it would not find the loco on the track again and the MS2 would lock up and no keys would work.

So, I unplugged the MS2 and started again trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. After having to power down the 60113 and 60653 and cycle again the MS 2 went to stop automatically.

And before someone suggests that I have to have the loco removed from the track and the MS2 condition in STOP before I placed the Loco on the track. I know that and I tried both ways

It is then that I started to troubleshoot a shorted condition. And That is when I posted the question here.

I think now I have explained everything in detail.

PLEASE PLEASE before you respond READ what I have written. I am sorry if it doesn't translate exactly to your language. I have written in American English the best I know how.
Offline SteamBob  
#31 Posted : 03 January 2020 11:06:43(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Other Subject. TRACK BOX .

As far as the 60113/60116 vs 60112/60114 goes. Look at the requirements for a SPUR 1(or 1 Gauge) Marklin Digital Locomotive. It will say [60112/60114 Track Box required.]
Offline SteamBob  
#32 Posted : 03 January 2020 11:12:25(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Bit confused here (not unusual for me) but did this not start as a loco problem but has now gone to a MS2 or track box problem. I have probably missed this but do other locos work on the layout or just the one in the original post which does not work.

My apologies. You are correct, it started with a problem with a loco and MFX recognizing it. But troubleshooting led into the MS2 and track box.

Bob
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#33 Posted : 03 January 2020 12:08:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Look at the requirements for a SPUR 1(or 1 Gauge) Marklin Digital Locomotive. It will say [60112/60114 Track Box required.]

Yes, that's because a large 1 Gauge loco will draw more current so the track box needs thicker wires to supply the current. But the track box itself is still only 1.9 amps output as has already been discussed.

Some locos such as my 55105 BR103 have additional notes in the manual - "Due to the high power requirements for this heavy locomotive, there are only limited possibilities for operation with the 60652/60653
Mobile Station."

Although they don't say what they are but it will be related to the loco requiring more current draw than what any of the mobile station track boxes will be able to supply.
Offline TEEWolf  
#34 Posted : 03 January 2020 21:16:44(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

My apologies. You are correct, it started with a problem with a loco and MFX recognizing it. But troubleshooting led into the MS2 and track box.

Bob

First the 37848 in Maerklins database is listed as a H0 loco. How do you get to gauge 1?

Second, have you checked the loco for faulties? Following your descriptions for myself the fault seems to be in the loco and not in a MS 2 or trackbox. BTW you wrote all your other locos were working except your 37848. Why should it be a MS 2 failure? This is not logic to me.
Offline Purellum  
#35 Posted : 03 January 2020 22:05:13(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

First the 37848 in Maerklins database is listed as a H0 loco. How do you get to gauge 1?

Please read everything again................. Cool

Second, have you checked the loco for faulties? Following your descriptions for myself the fault seems to be in the loco and not in a MS 2 or trackbox. BTW you wrote all your other locos were working except your 37848. Why should it be a MS 2 failure? This is not logic to me.

Please please PLEASE read one more time: https://www.marklin-user...going-to-stop#post604838

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Hannes Porsche  
#36 Posted : 04 January 2020 23:52:08(UTC)
Hannes Porsche

South Africa   
Hi Bob, It is time to say it.

As you say in your post #18, bickering is not appreciated. Now I am also disappointed in reading/sensing it, I also do not like it at all. ! It is not worthy of this Forum.
Suttle and offensive-like comments I do not like. It also puts off average Maerklinists, losing their possible valuable inputs and support.
This is a "World wide Forum" and differences in many cultures/languages/first to third world variances, and especially technical wordings, will occur. Not to mention the changes in technical language and software connotations even by Maerklin itself.!

From the outset Bob clearly stated his in-experience with Maerklin Digital. Various times he quoted some items and numbers incorrectly, and that is to be expected.
So it would be wise to note and try the well ment suggestions in an attempt to resolve the problems you are experiencing.

I would say: 1. See if you can read the Track Voltage, displayed on the MS2.
2. Put a "functional/good loko" on your layout, run it and see what happens.
3. Clear a few loko slots on the MS 2, register a good loko in a memory slot and run the loko.
4. Try registering the "problem loko" on the MS 2, even if you have to revert back to MMS protokol.
5. Finally plug the MS 2 in to the alternative DIN socket on the track box and see what happens when you repeat all of the above.

It may be that by now, we are looking for something in the fridge, and later just find out it's on top of the fridge.
Excuse my South African English, but that is how it is,
Thanks.
HANNES

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hannes Porsche
Offline SteamBob  
#37 Posted : 08 January 2020 11:53:49(UTC)
SteamBob

United States   
Hannes Porsche , I appreciate your comments and advice.

To Everyone.

I did get a NEW 60114 and NEW 60657 in the mail. I hooked them both up to my HO track and ALL I repeat "ALL" locos now get recognized and work.

So, I did some reverse troubleshooting and tested my OLD 60653 MS2 controller with the NEW 60114 track box. It works !

SO the OLD track Box is at fault and caused my problems.

Who ever said track box was problem? You win !
Thanks for the input it has been educational.
Sincerely,
BobBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by SteamBob
Offline Swimmer  
#38 Posted : 09 January 2020 09:36:21(UTC)
Swimmer

South Africa   
KIWIALAN, you may be right. The Loco decoder amy have caused the CS2 or 60113 to fail. But it still goes to stop NOW with nothing connected, just disconnect NON_TOUCHING track lead wires.

A friend of mine had the same issue and we resolved it by upgrading the MS2 and its Track box
Offline dominator  
#39 Posted : 10 January 2020 23:38:22(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Glad to hear you found the problem. Now run both MS2"s through the one track box and you have 2 locos immediately available without fiddling with the loco selection.
Dereck