Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline digana  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2019 21:47:22(UTC)
digana

Sweden   
Hi - new member - Im´m digitizing all my locs, and have come to my different breed, an analog Roco VT95 which I want to convert w/ a mSD3 decoder.
Since I don´t have a CS I use a 60917 programmer.
Everything worked out fine EXCEPT the motor char - it would start running at full speed at half meter setting on the MS2 and startup/braking sequence won´t work.
I tried all the DC motor settings in the program w/o success.
These are not described anywhere in the manual, which sucks. And mailing to Märklin hasn´t helped either, no reply.
There are also other settings in the app where description fails.Cursing
Online river6109  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2019 13:49:54(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: digana Go to Quoted Post
Hi - new member - Im´m digitizing all my locs, and have come to my different breed, an analog Roco VT95 which I want to convert w/ a mSD3 decoder.
Everything worked out fine EXCEPT the motor char - it would start running at full speed at half meter setting on the MS2 and startup/braking sequence won´t work.
These are not described anywhere in the manual, which sucks. And mailing to Märklin hasn´t helped either, no reply.

Märklin or any other manufacturer will not give explanations or advice on other products such as a Roco loco regardless whether you use a Märklin decoder., it also depends what the Roco has got as a pin connector, 8 pin, 21 pjn or Plux22., it could also be a 16Plux connector or the loco is from an older version (doesn't have a DSS connector on its circuit board).
I've made up my mind very early which ever command station and accessories I'll be using it will be from the same manufacturer.
Unfortunately I can't help you further as I'm not familiar with this decoder nor the programmer.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline digana  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2019 13:54:58(UTC)
digana

Sweden   
HI - the issue not really what to use in this loco but to find out what the motor settings in Märklins decoder app mean, or how to adjust them using CVs.
If you have any knowledge on this, pls tell
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 21 December 2019 16:07:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
HI - the issue not really what to use in this loco but to find out what the motor settings in Märklins decoder app mean, or how to adjust them using CVs.
If you have any knowledge on this, pls tell

I haven't got any experience with msd/3 decoders, but do they not have an automatic tuning function like the ESU decoders?
Offline digana  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2019 16:10:08(UTC)
digana

Sweden   
Oh, they do. But it doesn´t adapt. And you dare only run the loco for so long should you burn the decoder
Offline HokieCE70  
#6 Posted : 10 April 2020 13:52:23(UTC)
HokieCE70

United States   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

Märklin or any other manufacturer will not give explanations or advice on other products such as a Roco loco regardless whether you use a Märklin decoder., it also depends what the Roco has got as a pin connector, 8 pin, 21 pjn or Plux22., it could also be a 16Plux connector or the loco is from an older version (doesn't have a DSS connector on its circuit board).
I've made up my mind very early which ever command station and accessories I'll be using it will be from the same manufacturer.
Unfortunately I can't help you further as I'm not familiar with this decoder nor the programmer.

John

Offline anthpao  
#7 Posted : 19 July 2020 21:49:52(UTC)
anthpao

Greece   
You should first set the motor type to type 5 or type 6 and then you should use the auto calibration.