Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline springboard  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2019 22:52:57(UTC)
springboard

American Samoa   
I have a new CS3 that i have been using for some time, I did the last update as of today, since I have done the latest update my CS -3 no longer turns on, I tired Un plugging re set, and still nothing, tried holding stop down first the red button on left still nothing. any suggestion gentelman, even spoke with Ray sinclair from Marklin said it would have to go back to factory UGH six months seriously !!!!!1
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 06 December 2019 23:01:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: springboard Go to Quoted Post
I have a new CS3 that i have been using for some time, I did the last update as of today, since I have done the latest update my CS -3 no longer turns on, I tired Un plugging re set, and still nothing, tried holding stop down first the red button on left still nothing. any suggestion gentelman, even spoke with Ray sinclair from Marklin said it would have to go back to factory UGH six months seriously !!!!!1

Hmm, how did you update it? USB stick or online?

Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 07 December 2019 01:40:56(UTC)
TEEWolf

Today I updated my CS 3+ and my 2 MS 2 too. All three devices are functioning perfectly after the update. Here a video from ajckids about a software update for a CS 3.

But during your update something tremendously must have happened that the CS 3 remains black. Do you remember, if it shut down and restarted during the update process (mine did it that way)?

Before sending it back to Maerklin, just detach and connect again the power supply jack at the CS 3. Also check if the power supply failed. It can be a loose contact somewhere as well.

If it remains black, you also cannot do the bootloader update after a software update failed.
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 07 December 2019 13:06:29(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I am a big Marklin fan but to take six months to repair an item like the CS3 is not acceptable. I am different to most on here as I got my CS3 PLus last Christmas and I have no intention of updating as it does everything I want. My CS2 was only updated once in about ten years and also did all I wanted.
Hope the OP can get his CS3 going again.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline rhfil  
#5 Posted : 07 December 2019 23:01:59(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
Update has bugs. I tried to change a sound setting on one of my locos and an information screen popped up which I could not remove. Had to turn off the power but fortunately it did start up again with normal status.
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 08 December 2019 01:48:52(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
... any suggestion gentelman,

Without any details I would start with the basics.

1)
Did you get a completion message after the update (and the issue you describe was on a subsequent restart)
OR
Did the issue manifest during the CS3 update process (what was the last screen you saw)

2)
As you mentioned playing with the power connection ...
a) always wait a minute (literally) after powering off a CS3 before powering it on again
b) double check that your power connector is fitting correctly (not upside down) and detentents fully
c) ensure the pins of your power connector are not pushed back (as happens when the connector is forced in upside down)
d) measure the power provided at the power connector
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 08 December 2019 08:02:18(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rhfil Go to Quoted Post
Update has bugs.

I would concur that , along with new functionality comes a new set of bugs.
If you are delving in to using the new "Control desk", as I have, I suggest regular backups as I have had a number of warm starts, resulting in the loss of work.

Other issues are banal to say the least.
Every time Marklin get new student in to draw up the DIP switch images , they only highlight the lack of regression testing in their processes and/or oversight by product management.
go figure...
UserPostedImage

I might not have looked as hard if it wasn;t for the loss of functionality which used to show the port assignments
Peter
Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 12 December 2019 01:20:41(UTC)
TEEWolf

Maerklin published a new book for the CS 3 from software version 2.0.0 and higher - article number 03083

https://www.maerklin.de/...al-book-cs3-software-20/

https://www.maerklin.de/...3-software-20/downloads/

all books from Maerklin for the CS 3

https://www.maerklin.de/...mation/maerklin-digital/