Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline thomasm  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2019 14:25:47(UTC)
thomasm

Norway   
As the topic indicates, my CS2 is stuck in the loadingscreen, it seems to load to a 100% then just get stuck there.

I've tried the reparatur.sh trick, but it is still stuck.

Any tips on how to get the CS2 up and running again?

.thomas
Märklinist, hobbyist and collector. || Trains are meant to be driven.
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2019 04:16:35(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: thomasm Go to Quoted Post
As the topic indicates, my CS2 is stuck in the loadingscreen, it seems to load to a 100% then just get stuck there.

I've tried the reparatur.sh trick, but it is still stuck.

Any tips on how to get the CS2 up and running again?

.thomas

Hi Thomas, initially can I ask if you have tried starting it with nothing connected, other than the incoming power?
And no Loco cards inserted etc. Just reduce the device to the absolute minimum it could boot with and see what it does?

I would suggest this after unplugging the power-in connector for at least 2-3 minutes.

Hope you have some suceess
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline thomasm  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2019 10:50:19(UTC)
thomasm

Norway   
Hi

I've tried to restart it with nothing connected, other than the neccesary power;)
I've also let the power been completely disconnected for a few hours, I've even let the reparatur-stick stay in for a few hours before i rebooted it. The strange part is that this happened when I booted the CS2 after a few weeks without use. The last time I used it, it worked fine, and I always use the shutdown-command(or hold the stop-button down until it shuts down) before I disconnect the power.

.thomas
Offline DonTrain  
#4 Posted : 03 May 2020 22:06:57(UTC)
DonTrain

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: thomasm Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I've tried to restart it with nothing connected, other than the neccesary power;)
I've also let the power been completely disconnected for a few hours, I've even let the reparatur-stick stay in for a few hours before i rebooted it. The strange part is that this happened when I booted the CS2 after a few weeks without use. The last time I used it, it worked fine, and I always use the shutdown-command(or hold the stop-button down until it shuts down) before I disconnect the power.

.thomas

Thomas,

Hello there.

Did you find a solution for the problem as described above... I have exact the same problem, and am looking for a solution myself.

Don
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 03 May 2020 22:58:22(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
The problem is caused by a non-compliant condition during the CS2 start (check-sum error, etc). This is caused often by the flash memory failure which stores the program.
My advice: try to reboot quite a number of times, while having prepared beforehand a USB memory with a DIFFERENT update (than the one you use).
Try this both from a cold start or after a long power-on period
As soon as the CS2 reboot is good, perform an update from the memory stick. this will force the CS2 to re-write the entire program.
When successful you can perform a final on-line update.
Good luck
Jean

PS Thomas I suppose you refer to this link http://www.wedero.de/maerklin/digitales/digitales.htm but is seems to be for older CS2 60213
Offline thomasm  
#6 Posted : 04 May 2020 08:56:07(UTC)
thomasm

Norway   
I've tried all your suggestions before, but it did'nt do any good. my CS is somewhere between my dealer and Märklin for repair, so I just have to wait. Ill just have to use my ecos in the mean time ;)

.thomas
Offline Peterhu  
#7 Posted : 16 July 2020 02:20:15(UTC)
Peterhu

United States   
HELLO
I am new to this conversation but have same issue: getting stuck in the loading screen. I followed advice here and took all cables off except for power, with no change. Then I thought to overload the CS2 with action, and connected a main station, wich happened to have no update done in 11 years. I also thought it may be good to start the Webserver from a networked PC. With the CS2 booting, it stayed at the loading screen, but I noticed the blinking cursor started to move downwards on the left side of the display. About half way down, all of a sudden the MS asked if I wanted to run an update, which I acknowledged, and the CS2 updated the Ms, and the display showed the control screen, after the MS had completed the update. So, suddenly the CS2 was back on! I made a save, ran an update, saved again and shut the CS2 off to return to my layout. I reconnected to the programming track, started the CS2 back up, and: I am back stuck in the loading screen. I am planning to try this procedure one more time since I have a second MS, but I would rather know and understand what is happening to the CS2.
Any idea as to what happened?