Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 04 November 2019 03:41:36(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all,
I had fixed 72270 on my 39644 two years back and its been working fine all these days. Since last two weeks, when I switch on the smoke function, the smoke tube just develops a small cloud of smoke and it never puffs out. I use ESU smoke liquid and use a syringe to inject liquid. I even opened the body and cleaned the surface under the smoke unit just to rule out any issues with intermittent electrical contacts. Please guide me here.
Regards,
Madhu
Offline DaleSchultz  
#2 Posted : 04 November 2019 16:02:17(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
try cleaning the tube with the tiny wire that comes with the Märklin oil or some smoke units...
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 04 November 2019 20:14:27(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
try cleaning the tube with the tiny wire that comes with the Märklin oil or some smoke units...

please note that the 72270 does not have a steam pipe that can be pulled out. The steam pipe in 72270 is fragile and not replaceable.

It might be that some old oil has hardened. to extract as much as possible with a syringe, and dry run it a bit to help burn off some old oil, and try just a few fresh drop’s of oil.
is the little glass knop still in place at the top ? if not its broken.
(if I remember correctly the 72270 is equivalent to Seuthe no. 20.)

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#4 Posted : 07 November 2019 02:40:05(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Thank you Dale and Bph for the inputs.
@Bph, what is the little glass knop you are referring to? I sucked out the leftover liquid with a syringe and ran the loco with smoke on for 20 minutes. Then moment I put two fresh drops of liquid, the smoke started puffing out for 3-4 seconds and again the same issue of stagnant white smoke occured. Let me try running the loco without smoke oil for some more time and update you all.

I wonder what those three things do which we get with the smoke unit. a thin tube, a thin wire and a board pinBlink.
Offline DaleSchultz  
#5 Posted : 07 November 2019 02:51:05(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
Sounds like progress.

The pin is used to close the little capsule of oil. One opens the oil by making a small hole with the same pin.

I understood that the wire was for cleaning the tube in the smoke unit. I have never pulled the tube out of the unit.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 07 November 2019 07:49:13(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: madhu.gn.71 Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what those three things do which we get with the smoke unit. a thin tube, a thin wire and a board pinBlink.
Those come with the 7226 unit only, the 72270 unit comes naked.

With the 7226 the smoke pipe can be replaced. You get a spare smoke pipe and a thin wire to clean it.
You also get a pin to open the plastic tube with the smoke fluid. Only the plastic tube with the smoke fluid that used to come with it is no longer included, rendering the pin useless.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0