Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kaav800  
#1 Posted : 02 November 2019 23:56:47(UTC)
kaav800

Norway   
Hello folks!

Been a while now so thought i schould post some items erlyer byed here in Norway actually.I was very lucky to have the chance to
get this 3230 startset rare to find even at EBAY. Even with the woodpiece and the round paperrolls that Märklin uses too protection from damages under transport. Further the ccs800.5 complete with original manual.The box (original) maybee for an later model i,am not shure here,maybee anyone of you knows.3019 gs800, barely been on the tracks.
3059 SNCF also with a few rounds on the counter. 3063 in NOS condition.The ccs i have to overhaul, changing wires and
parts in engine and wheels and now it runs great.Its more expensive then ever to buy from EBAY these days because low walue on
NOK compare to EUR and USD.I,m not shure but the 314s is the first version.
Manual for the re800 is a replika box is original.Ill try too post some more before christmas

Best regards kaav3

Hello folks !!

/albumimg]

Edited by moderator 03 November 2019 07:25:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 13 users liked this useful post by kaav800
Offline kamstutz  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2019 04:20:39(UTC)
kamstutz

United States   
Originally Posted by: kaav800 Go to Quoted Post
... I'm not sure if the 314s is the first version...

Kaav - Your 314S does looks like a version 1 from what I can see. The couplers are correct. Here is an interactive blog post I made a short time ago showing the differences between the 4 versions of the 314S. You can confirm the version by comparing the images I have shown of each Koll's variant - some superimposed on top of each other to help compare the differences.

https://www.modelrailroadcollector.wiki/en-us/Blog

Looks like you went on a major buying spree before Christmas. Santa won't have anything else to bring you... LOL

I thought that the CCS800 version 5 had a different type of pickup shoe (the button type?), but the instruction pamphlet shows 1951 - which would make it indeed a version 5. The color is correct (olive green) and the lettering looks golden so maybe you're right. Your SJ sets and 3019 are in very good condition and highly coveted. When you get tired of them let me know... Flapper

Kurt
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kamstutz
Offline kaav800  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2019 11:08:41(UTC)
kaav800

Norway   
Originally Posted by: kamstutz Go to Quoted Post
... I'm not sure if the 314s is the first version...

Kaav - Your 314S does looks like a version 1 from what I can see. The couplers are correct. Here is an interactive blog post I made a short time ago showing the differences between the 4 versions of the 314S. You can confirm the version by comparing the images I have shown of each Koll's variant - some superimposed on top of each other to help compare the differences.

https://www.modelrailroadcollector.wiki/en-us/Blog

Looks like you went on a major buying spree before Christmas. Santa won't have anything else to bring you... LOL

I thought that the CCS800 version 5 had a different type of pickup shoe (the button type?), but the instruction pamphlet shows 1951 - which would make it indeed a version 5. The color is correct (olive green) and the lettering looks golden so maybe you're right. Your SJ sets and 3019 are in very good condition and highly coveted. When you get tired of them let me know... Flapper

Kurt

Hello kamstutz and many thanks for reply !!
Your link i will sertenly look into it.Regarding the ccs so is the pick up shoe not original i made it myself with qualitymaterials.
The previous owner had pu the newer type pick up shoe on it.Ritter maybe have this,but i,ll wait and try to get some original from EBAY.
Not easy this days.

Best regards kaav3
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#4 Posted : 04 November 2019 17:02:30(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Great collection! Really wonderful 50s pieces.

The self-made pick-up shoe is very good! That is the correct type - the flat tongue style is correct for version 5. The mushroom type was found on version 1-3 (maybe version 4 too?).

All the best,

Paul
Offline kaav800  
#5 Posted : 04 November 2019 20:01:37(UTC)
kaav800

Norway   
Originally Posted by: CCS800KrokHunter3 Go to Quoted Post
Great collection! Really wonderful 50s pieces.

The self-made pick-up shoe is very good! That is the correct type - the flat tongue style is correct for version 5. The mushroom type was found on version 1-3 (maybe version 4 too?).

All the best,

Paul

Hello CCS800krokhunter!

Thanks a lot for the replay.I like to have it in an original state,but i lack of parts you have to compromise.
Very good informative site that kamstutz had for the 314 series.But you can never be too shure with Märklin, the
production is so large.ths old stuff i guess was prodused on the fly ?? This croco is still fitted with the schleppschalter
Ill post some more later.

Best regards kaav800
Offline kamstutz  
#6 Posted : 04 November 2019 20:29:35(UTC)
kamstutz

United States   
...Very good informative site that kamstutz had for the 314 series.But you can never be too shure with Märklin...

kaav - Were you able to determine the version of your 314S using my blog post as a reference? Your kesselwagen looked like a version 1 with the BK 4.2 coupler, but I couldn't see the details of the tank car very clearly in your photograph to be sure.

Kurt
Offline kaav800  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2019 23:22:03(UTC)
kaav800

Norway   
...Very good informative site that kamstutz had for the 314 series.But you can never be too shure with Märklin...

kaav - Were you able to determine the version of your 314S using my blog post as a reference? Your kesselwagen looked like a version 1 with the BK 4.2 coupler, but I couldn't see the details of the tank car very clearly in your photograph to be sure.

Kurt

Hello kamstutz !!
Yes i think so,the blog show som issues that i did not know and never notised.Among other things the hole in
the chassie/frame.It loks to be first verion. I will post som more pics of the 314s and also 314 e.

Hello folks !!
Posting some more pics of the 314 s and some of the 314e that i have.The 314e is in NOS condition but i am not shure whitch wersion
it is.

Best regards kaav800

Edited by user 06 November 2019 18:12:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kaav800
Offline kamstutz  
#8 Posted : 06 November 2019 19:54:14(UTC)
kamstutz

United States   

kaav - You have a very nice first version (1949) of the 314S Shell tank car. I also have a first version 314S, but with the brown, not red, box. The features that confirm the first version are shown below highlighted in yellow.

Marklin314Sv1Front.pngMarklin314Sv1Top.png

As for your 314E Esso tank car I believe that it is a version 5 (1952-1954). Note the presence of the "brake shoes" and the absence of a tube that connects the tank to the chassis. These are the two features that define the 5th variant. See attached markup.

Marklin314Ev5Side.png

Kurt
Offline kaav800  
#9 Posted : 06 November 2019 21:18:56(UTC)
kaav800

Norway   

kaav - You have a very nice first version (1949) of the 314S Shell tank car. I also have a first version 314S, but with the brown, not red, box. The features that confirm the first version are shown below highlighted in yellow.

Marklin314Sv1Front.pngMarklin314Sv1Top.png

As for your 314E Esso tank car I believe that it is a version 5 (1952-1954). Note the presence of the "brake shoes" and the absence of a tube that connects the tank to the chassis. These are the two features that define the 5th variant. See attached markup.

Marklin314Ev5Side.png

Kurt

Hello kamstutz !!
Exellent many thanks for the information.Really nice to know for sertain that it is the first verion.More to come later of some
"guterwagen" the 324 and 326 among others.

All the best kaav800
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kaav800