Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tommyheadleycox  
#1 Posted : 28 October 2019 08:39:21(UTC)
tommyheadleycox

I need a LOT of 7595 joiners and center clips for K track. I once read on this forum that someone else, perhaps Peco, made them
for a fraction of the Märklin price. Could this be true?

Thanks,
Tom

PS: took a gamble on some used K track on ebay. good news, i got 100 feet for about $1.75 per ft.. Bad news, it came from a layout. Every single piece had been cut. Obviously, I got the dregs, i.e. just the curves. Oh well.
Offline applor  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2019 00:14:44(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Originally Posted by: tommyheadleycox Go to Quoted Post
I need a LOT of 7595 joiners and center clips for K track. I once read on this forum that someone else, perhaps Peco, made them

Peco do make rail joiners, both plastic (for isolation) or metal. I've used the plastic ones (SL-11) extensively and they work well (no Marklin option here anyways) and I also bought one box of the peco metal joiners (SL-10) but found them too flat and really hard work to fit to marklin K track. I ended up binning them and only using the marklin joiners from the 7595 pack.
Only Marklin make the track clips that fit to the end of cut tracks.

Sounds like you're building a large layout if you need a LOT of joiners and yet you imply you have a tight budget and not willing to spend on what you need... maybe you should re think?
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline DaleSchultz  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2019 03:04:41(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
I used to buy the Märklin joiners for K-Track but then decided to just use the common PECO rail joiners available in the USA. The center rail can be soldered on the underside to wires that get their current feed from a digital bus wire below. To solder on underside grind the black paint off in a small spot, then solder directly. Or solder to copper tongues of the track.

Pics at https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com/2005/07/laying-k-track.html
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline Gramps  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2019 05:09:33(UTC)
Gramps

New Zealand   
I have a couple of Marklin 7595 packets (unused) you can have for $20.00 NZD plus postage (same again)
so a whole $12.87 USD for the 2 packets plus $12.87 USD freight.
Let me know as I need to load onto my web site. And no, I no idea how many are in a packet, they come un-opened.
Cheers, Jim
Offline sorensen_dk  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2019 08:40:55(UTC)
sorensen_dk

Denmark   
10 pieces in each packet.
Offline tommyheadleycox  
#6 Posted : 04 November 2019 04:34:47(UTC)
tommyheadleycox

Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tommyheadleycox Go to Quoted Post

Peco do make rail joiners, both plastic (for isolation) or metal. I've used the plastic ones (SL-11) extensively and they work well (no Marklin option here anyways) and I also bought one box of the peco metal joiners (SL-10) but found them too flat and really hard work to fit to marklin K track. I ended up binning them and only using the marklin joiners from the 7595 pack.
Only Marklin make the track clips that fit to the end of cut tracks.

Sounds like you're building a large layout if you need a LOT of joiners and yet you imply you have a tight budget and not willing to spend on what you need... maybe you should re think?

Thank you for some good advice! Sometimes we all need to step back and re-think. In this case, I was being a bit foolish about a minor cost. Thank you for putting things in perspective. You phrased it very gently! But it woke me up - I need to just buy what I need, since I can afford it, and enjoy things!

Tom
Offline DaleSchultz  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2019 14:32:14(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
on the contrary, the larger the layout one is building, perhaps the more frugal one needs to be....

I would never have been able to afford the layout I have if I did not reuse, recycle and find alternatives to what one could simply buy off the shelf...
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaleSchultz
Offline hxmiesa  
#8 Posted : 04 November 2019 17:28:30(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
on the contrary, the larger the layout one is building, perhaps the more frugal one needs to be....
I would never have been able to afford the layout I have if I did not reuse, recycle and find alternatives to what one could simply buy off the shelf...

Amen!
Same for me.
One if the major things that I have had to skimp out of, was the typical digitalization of the whole thing. I now use 24V circuits and industrial automation units. (PLCs).
Hobbexx caternary system.
Homepainted Crushed walnut shells for ballast instead of Woodland Scenics or Merkur.
2nd hand older rolling stock, instead of new.

PS: Oh, for the track-joiners I actually used the original Märklin ones.
That is because 90% of my flex track were new anyway, and the track (when cut correctly) can be shorted on the string that does NOT have a shoe/fishplate, thus saving it. -That may not apply to the case of the OP...

Edited by user 05 November 2019 08:51:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com