Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline edmund36  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2019 23:00:15(UTC)
edmund36

United States   
I just wired the 3900, 3800 tracks with several switches and signals. The switches light , but do not function. Also the signals do not light or function.

Additionally I have difficulty getting the colored sockets / plugs to join properly and much difficulty getting them to go into the distributor plate.

I think I'm missing 1 or 2 wiring omissions, especially since I'm working with the 3900 / 3800 track.

Any help would be much appreciated. The catalogue gave me a picture for both, but I think I'm still missing something?

Any help, diagrams, etc. would be appreciated ? Also with the extra wire on signals. Supposed to be an orange! Can't tell difference or color as plus are not attached.

Edmund
Offline SteamNut  
#2 Posted : 25 October 2019 09:46:03(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
There is a old book on how to wire the old Marklin signals called Model Signals (no part #) and a old manual which also shows how to do signals and wiring. I would first try to get the turnouts to work without the signals. The signals came with a base plate which clips on the bottom of the track which is the ground for the signal. The orange plug operates the bottom signal mast. One thing to remember is that the turnouts operate by completing the circuit (ground-blue wire) and the yellow wire provides the power.
Offline Markus Schild  
#3 Posted : 25 October 2019 15:31:09(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Edmund,

i attach the signal book and the manual for the 3900 switches. These should help.

ba-3900_3800-modellgleise-ta-0555.pdf (2,396kb) downloaded 117 time(s).

0341-model-signals-o-0469-ka.pdf (13,281kb) downloaded 105 time(s).

Regards

Markus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Markus Schild