Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ShannonN  
#1 Posted : 18 October 2019 11:28:33(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Hello All
I have pulled apart my 29210 my world freight loco. For reasons i won't go into at this time, I'm looking for a circuit diagram for the main pcb etc.

I have looked in the Marklin product db and service area but can only find the operating manual no other information regarding servicing or opening the unit seems available.

Apart from contacting Marklin service dept direct is there any database I'm unaware of to find what I need?

Many thanks in advance
Shanny

Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 18 October 2019 11:48:52(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ShannonN Go to Quoted Post
Hello All
I have pulled apart my 29210 my world freight loco. For reasons i won't go into at this time, I'm looking for a circuit diagram for the main pcb etc.

I have looked in the Marklin product db and service area but can only find the operating manual no other information regarding servicing or opening the unit seems available.

Apart from contacting Marklin service dept direct is there any database I'm unaware of to find what I need?

Many thanks in advance
Shanny

I doubt you will find any schematics for the inside of this loco. These items are really 'consumer' throw away don't repair items.

But having said that, what is its problem?

Some photos of the innards would also help.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline ShannonN  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2019 12:35:45(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I doubt you will find any schematics for the inside of this loco. These items are really 'consumer' throw away don't repair items.

But having said that, what is its problem?

Some photos of the innards would also help.

Hi kiwiAlan

Thanks for the quick reply,

Short Version:
the unit doesn't have an operational problem as such, I am trying to re purpose the innards ( IR receiver, motor output, battery in etc for a combo project, as you say these are functional and cheap and provide stuff I can combine to get something totally different happening.

The long version:
I have a maglev project train kit with electromagnet and its own circuit board

I plan on not using the strip magnets from the kit and the yellow track for levitation just use a few permanent neo magnets to achieve a permanent levitation without electronics or hundreds of magnets
making my own monorail type wooden track with embedded neo magnets I figure by placing kits electromagnet facing down over the magnets .

placing a solid wire at each side of the magnets and applying dc current and linking to the ir control in the marklin innards I may be able to electrify the magnets creating magnetic propulsion no pushing to get going for 90 seconds ads the kits does

ambitious yes but the floating train already levitates and roll for 90 seconds from just a push its a start

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ShannonN
Online Carim  
#4 Posted : 19 October 2019 12:48:30(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
Hi,

This sounds like a really interesting project; if you could keep a photo journal of all the steps/progress and post it here, that would be great.

Carim
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Carim
Offline ShannonN  
#5 Posted : 20 October 2019 12:07:41(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Carim Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

This sounds like a really interesting project; if you could keep a photo journal of all the steps/progress and post it here, that would be great.

Carim

Hi Carim
Thanks for taking an interest. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you a link to images and some explanations. I don't want to post 15 pics here and run foul of the mods and membership as its not a regular Marklin 3 rail based thing

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ShannonN