Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 08 September 2019 11:59:22(UTC)
Goofy

I did tried to add ESU digital lighting 50708 in the CS3 but it fail to read the decoder.
When i switch the lighting on it´s start flicker.
I use DCC protocol and did also tested MM protocol.
With MM protocol it does not work anything at all.
Is there problem in the CS3 by use other competitors products?
When i did used Brawa locomotive it fails too by read decoder.
It always show up CV read fail.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline ktsolias  
#2 Posted : 08 September 2019 13:15:44(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
To read an address in either MM or DCC you must use the programming track of the CS3. Then read out address is workong

Costas
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2019 14:24:22(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post
To read an address in either MM or DCC you must use the programming track of the CS3. Then read out address is workong

Costas

Yes i did that.

H0
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2019 14:55:45(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Goofy, is it on and off or flicker, flicker means it is continuously on but varies in strength, with DC it eliminates flicking, check your connections.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2019 16:20:22(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Goofy, is it on and off or flicker, flicker means it is continuously on but varies in strength, with DC it eliminates flicking, check your connections.

John

I don´t understand.
The CS3 system is set with mfx,MM and DCC.
When i did used MM there was no lighting.
With the DCC the lighting are flicker.
H0
Offline Danlake  
#6 Posted : 08 September 2019 19:47:28(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Anders,

No fault with the CS3. Even with Lokprogrammeryou cannot read the CV values without first connecting a load to aux. See below from manual:

Programming with DCC systems The interior lighting strip knows all programming methods of the NMRA. Use either the Programming track or the main track programming („Programming on Main“). Note the relevant section in the manual of your Command Station. Connect to AUX1 a load of 60mA to 100mA , in order to read CVs!

I have installed a couple of these and works fine with no flickering. I have left the default address at 3.

Best Regards
Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 10 September 2019 11:19:49(UTC)
Goofy

I have a ESU lok pilot function decoder and decides to use analog lighting by connect to the decoder.
H0
Offline Minok  
#8 Posted : 10 September 2019 20:15:07(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The product has various simulated lighting modes: "Various prototypical lighting effects such as soft dimming, fluorescent lamp effect, faulty fluorescent lamp, battery powered lighting and many others provide realistic results. " So could it be the flickering you see is part of a specific CV set mode the light has been programmed to emulate?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 12 September 2019 19:34:56(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The product has various simulated lighting modes: "Various prototypical lighting effects such as soft dimming, fluorescent lamp effect, faulty fluorescent lamp, battery powered lighting and many others provide realistic results. " So could it be the flickering you see is part of a specific CV set mode the light has been programmed to emulate?

ESU digital lighting are set as standard and adress 3 with DCC/MM protocol.
H0
Offline Goofy  
#10 Posted : 18 September 2019 06:11:57(UTC)
Goofy

I did tested ESU digital lighting with another digital system and there was no flickering. It seems Märklins CS3 is not working as it should do.
H0
Offline David Dewar  
#11 Posted : 18 September 2019 12:05:41(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I did tested ESU digital lighting with another digital system and there was no flickering. It seems Märklins CS3 is not working as it should do.

Maybe you should get a ESU controller to solve your problem.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 21 September 2019 09:53:53(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

Why?
As i am are customer i expect Märklin system work.
It seems some competitors accessories are not compatible with the Märklin CS3 and i suspect the program in the CS3 are not fully.

H0
Offline Purellum  
#13 Posted : 21 September 2019 10:08:40(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

It seems some competitors accessories are not compatible with the Märklin CS3

In this case it works for everybody else, so maybe you just did something wrong - again.......... LOL Flapper LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline David Dewar  
#14 Posted : 21 September 2019 11:07:16(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

Why?
As i am are customer i expect Märklin system work.
It seems some competitors accessories are not compatible with the Märklin CS3 and i suspect the program in the CS3 are not fully.

Nothing wrong with the CS3. IF it does not work with ESU or any other brand then what do you expect. ESU decoders I expect will work with their controller it is not for Marklin to make their system to accept other systems. If you miix different brands then you can have problems with couplers or decoders or lights etc and it is part of the hobby to fix it if possible.
If you don’t like Marklin then sell the controller and buy ESU. Pointless coming on here and saying you don’t like Marklin which you appear to do on a regular basis.
Our hobby involves compromise and some ability to make things work. Why not email Marklin and ask them.☺️
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Goofy  
#15 Posted : 23 September 2019 20:37:01(UTC)
Goofy

If you don’t like Marklin then sell the controller and buy ESU. Pointless coming on here and saying you don’t like Marklin which you appear to do on a regular basis.
Our hobby involves compromise and some ability to make things work. Why not email Marklin and ask them.☺️

Where did i said i don´t like Märklin???
You suppose and start spreading false information.
I did bought Märklin CS3 for one reason and it is to use it, which i do.
Pointless is what you don´t use material things.
I did bought accessories to use it but there is sometimes faults too and even for Märklin stuff.
There is always pro and cons for all marketing things.

H0
Offline Purellum  
#16 Posted : 24 September 2019 00:36:06(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

If you use the Search function on this forum, search for the word "crap" and posted by "Goofy", you'll get 12 pages of results............. LOL

Almost all of those 12 pages of "crap" is pointed at Märklin. Cool

Just saying LOL Flapper LOL Flapper LOL

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline river6109  
#17 Posted : 24 September 2019 05:36:07(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
I've made a choice a while ago not to buy Märklin components and it was my personal choice and today I wouldn't know what works and what doesn't but since I've introduced an orange wire all I'm getting is shorts on my layout.
I think you use the wrong wording, instead of blaming a digital system you should ask the forum: where have I gone wrong and what you will find most forum members use products which are suitable or compatible.
another option you have is contacting Märklin or ESU via email or when you use ESU products there is an ESU forum. (English or German).

If I buy ESU products I don't mix electronic components with or from another company and it would seem to me you would reduce your failures by 100 %.

Märklin has in the past prevented other electronic products to work with their own electronic products a measure to reduce rail enthusiasts to use other products than Märklin.

Helping you with issues you've created yourself by mixing products from different manufacturers and than ask the forum to work out what's what isn't the easiest task for us to help you unless you know the in and outs of electronic parts from both companies.

John

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Goofy  
#18 Posted : 24 September 2019 09:31:42(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

If you use the Search function on this forum, search for the word "crap" and posted by "Goofy", you'll get 12 pages of results.............

Almost all of those 12 pages of "crap" is pointed at Märklin.

Just saying

Per.

Yes?
I am not alone to present faults with Märklin stuff.
So what?

Confused

H0
Offline Purellum  
#19 Posted : 24 September 2019 09:36:11(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
......... since I've introduced an orange wire all I'm getting is shorts on my layout.

Having products from two manufacturers at the two ends of an orange wire is asking for trouble Cool

This is NOT a hidden information; but clearly written in the "Orange wire technical manual" Flapper

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Purellum  
#20 Posted : 24 September 2019 09:41:01(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Yes?
I am not alone to present faults with Märklin stuff.
So what?

You asked:

Yes?

I answered:

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
If you use the Search function on this forum, search for the word "crap" and posted by "Goofy", you'll get 12 pages of results............. Almost all of those 12 pages of "crap" is pointed at Märklin. Just saying Per.

Don't change the subject and don't involve other people in your private rant.

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline David Dewar  
#21 Posted : 24 September 2019 12:11:42(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Another thread going nowhere. John has excellent point about mixing products from different manufacturers. There is no reason for not doing this providing the buyer has the skills required to use the item purchased. Marklin is not required to have their system set up for the benefit of other manufacturers although it can be argued that it could be beneficial mainly for the others.
Marklin is not perfect but this by definition is a Marklin forum and while Marklin failures should be mentioned it should in my view be done with a view to assisting to correct or work round any problems and not use the time as few do to run down Marklin.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline river6109  
#22 Posted : 24 September 2019 15:21:54(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Another thread going nowhere. John has excellent point about mixing products from different manufacturers. There is no reason for not doing this providing the buyer has the skills required to use the item purchased. Marklin is not required to have their system set up for the benefit of other manufacturers although it can be argued that it could be beneficial mainly for the others.
Marklin is not perfect but this by definition is a Marklin forum and while Marklin failures should be mentioned it should in my view be done with a view to assisting to correct or work round any problems and not use the time as few do to run down Marklin.

You've forgot to mention the orange wire Cursing

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109