Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2019 03:41:28(UTC)
mike c

Canada   

I have been following Peter Pop's topic about the Maerklin SBB Wascosa Swiss Post Cars (48059/48062) with interest.
https://www.marklin-user...ilments-habbiillnes-cars

I was thinking to myself at least I have the two sets of Roco cars that might be less problematic.
Yesterday, I was installing the Roco Universal Couplers on my latest set (76087). On one of the coaches, as I attempted to push the coupler head into the socket, the shaft retreated inside the car. I guess that it popped out of it's guide and the spring probably popped out too. I need to figure out how to open the car and reposition all the parts as needed.

Unfortunately, I am getting to that age where working at arms length is too far away for my reading glasses and just too close for my computer glasses.
It would be so nice if you could actually enjoy your models without having to make minor repairs on a brand new model.
For now, I am using the 3 operational cars with some of the Liliput AAE Swiss Post Container Cars

Regards

Mike C
Offline Harvey  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2019 14:28:42(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Mike

Similar situation I have. My wife, for knitting, uses a magnifying glass with light, that clips onto her work item. She also does this work near a window to get maximum sun light. I have not resorted to that as yet but am giving it thought.

Harvey
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2019 16:19:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have access to my father's old drafting bench, which has a light with a magnifying loop built in. I have used this before, but it is still problematic as the bench is inclined although it does leave both hands free.

Regards

Mike C