Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mjborelli  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2019 02:48:59(UTC)
mjborelli

I would like to wire two separate Marklin 60653 Mobile Stations to two separate C track train loops to be able to separately control two separate Marklin digital trains (one on each of these two train loops). Are there any special wiring instructions or other factors to consider?
Offline dominator  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2019 05:09:17(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
No. You just have to isolate the centre rails from each other and add rockers [385580] already mentioned here. In time though, I suggest you run the 2 MS2's through the one track box. It works well and that's what I do now. I guess, like you, I was a bit afraid of doing that at first, but I don't regret it now. Using the one track box means you don't have to isolate the circuits from each other.

Enjoy.

Dereck

PS. If you cant find rockers, then glue a piece of wooden match stick along the join of the connecting rails. That's what I have done because one of my circuits is for analogue trains..
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 05 September 2019 02:02:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I don't quite understand your question and the reply even less...

If you are controlling two digital trains on two tracks, you don't need to separate them. You can connect both MS 2 to the same power supply and use one controller with the address for the first train and the other with the address of the second train. Each train will have it's own control, even though all tracks are connected.
If the two ovals (tracks) are not connected (no crossings, etc) you can just hook each MS to a separate box, connected to each loop, as the two loops are not joined.
If the two are joined, but you still want to use separate power supplies, you will need to isolate the centre rail between the two. Make sure that you use a rocker in that case so that no slider can bridge the two circuits at the same time. If the two loops are connected by switches or crossings, you probably would do best to run both MS through the same control box as described in the first sentence.
That's the beauty of the digital system. You can control multiple trains on the same setup.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2019 20:42:13(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
For just 2 trains it is enough to have 1 MS. But if you have 2 - it is better to connect both to the same track box. Power is enough for more trains, and you can control either train from both MS. The only reason to divide the circuit would be to use the full power of both MS, but then you are in a situation where you have several trains...
K-G / H0 and Z model train user