Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline RayF  
#1 Posted : 01 September 2019 19:15:57(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I was running my trains this morning when a loco suddenly stopped running. I tried prodding but it just wouldn't run.

To make sure there wasn't a failure of power to the layout I selected another loco on my MS2. The loco started running but this time it wouldn't stop when I commanded it to. At this point the MS2 went blank and proceeded to reboot itself.

The MS2 took longer than usual to boot up, and when it came back all the locos I had registered had vanished from the display. Cursing, I started the process of entering them all back in, but I immediately noticed that, when I tried to enter one from the loco database, I got a message saying "The database is empty"

I tried rebooting it again but didn't get anywhere. Luckily I have a spare MS2, so I connected them both to the track box and switched on. After a brief pause the "faulty" MS2 started reloading its databases from the other one. After a few minutes it was done and all was well again.

I am really glad that I had invested in a second MS2, otherwise I would have been stuck with entering locos the hard way, with manual entry for all those that I don't have on Loco cards or which have mfx decoders.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 01 September 2019 23:28:25(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   

I don’t have a MS2 Rae but glad it worked out Ok
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 02 September 2019 00:40:10(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I was running my trains this morning when a loco suddenly stopped running. I tried prodding but it just wouldn't run.

To make sure there wasn't a failure of power to the layout I selected another loco on my MS2. The loco started running but this time it wouldn't stop when I commanded it to. At this point the MS2 went blank and proceeded to reboot itself.

The MS2 took longer than usual to boot up, and when it came back all the locos I had registered had vanished from the display. Cursing, I started the process of entering them all back in, but I immediately noticed that, when I tried to enter one from the loco database, I got a message saying "The database is empty"

I tried rebooting it again but didn't get anywhere. Luckily I have a spare MS2, so I connected them both to the track box and switched on. After a brief pause the "faulty" MS2 started reloading its databases from the other one. After a few minutes it was done and all was well again.

I am really glad that I had invested in a second MS2, otherwise I would have been stuck with entering locos the hard way, with manual entry for all those that I don't have on Loco cards or which have mfx decoders.

Which software version does your MS 2 and track box have?
Offline dominator  
#4 Posted : 02 September 2019 01:37:21(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Both my MS2's seem to have an aversion to loading new mfx Locos for some reasonConfused . The first time I had this problem was before upgrading to v 2.7. Luckily, Lasse lives close by and he helped me sort it out but upgrading both to the v 2.7. Everything works fine using the 2 MS2's as a pair going through one track boxBigGrin . The latest situation was that it would not load, even when standing by itself on my test trackCursing . I tried loading it manually and that would not work. I then realized I should have pressed the find loco icon. The older one would not work but managed to load it on the newer MS2. Loco ran fine that nightBigGrin Love but would not run the nest nightCursing . I tried to delete my manual loaded file but could not and nor could I delete the self loaded fileGlare . Looking forward to Friday, besides , its another reason to Drool Drool Drool over Lasses layout.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 02 September 2019 18:04:27(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

Which software version does your MS 2 and track box have?

Both my MS2 are on V2.5. My original MS2 was V1.3, but this was updated when I bought the second controller which came with V2.5 installed. The track box was also updated at the time.

I have to say that I don't ever have a problem loading locos with V2.5, be they mfx or any other type of decoder.

I occasionally find that when I take a loco off the track it unregisters itself, but this seldom happens and when it does it's of no consequence, as I usually delete entries for any locos not in use.
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 02 September 2019 18:06:52(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: dominator Go to Quoted Post
Both my MS2's seem to have an aversion to loading new mfx Locos for some reasonConfused . The first time I had this problem was before upgrading to v 2.7. Luckily, Lasse lives close by and he helped me sort it out but upgrading both to the v 2.7. Everything works fine using the 2 MS2's as a pair going through one track boxBigGrin . The latest situation was that it would not load, even when standing by itself on my test trackCursing . I tried loading it manually and that would not work. I then realized I should have pressed the find loco icon. The older one would not work but managed to load it on the newer MS2. Loco ran fine that nightBigGrin Love but would not run the nest nightCursing . I tried to delete my manual loaded file but could not and nor could I delete the self loaded fileGlare . Looking forward to Friday, besides , its another reason to Drool Drool Drool over Lasses layout.

Dereck

Hi Dereck,

How many locos do you have registered on your MS2 controllers?
Ray
Offline dominator  
#7 Posted : 02 September 2019 23:30:49(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
18 locos ranging from Delta to mfx. 1 with sound. I guess its just one of those bugs we have talked about on previous threads. I do sometimes have trouble loading one of those 18 but not often. Its great having the 2 controllers operating together but sometimes I end up with 2 locos on the one controller but when I get too smart and have them running on the same track, I ASK FOR TROUBLE.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dominator