Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline denis81  
#1 Posted : 17 August 2019 23:16:30(UTC)
denis81

France   
Hi everyone.

I am experiencing two issues with my Märklin train :

1. All my "Left Curved Turnout", "Right Curved Turnout" and "Three-Way Turnout" are all inverted :
- for "Left Curved Turnout" and "Right Curved Turnout", I am using the classic "left turnout" "right turnout" in CS3 interface, as "Left Curved Turnout" and "Right Curved Turnout" are not available.
- for "Three-Way Turnout", when selecting right, turnout goes left, when selecting left, turnout goes right.
- I deleted these items, added them back but I still have this issue.
- all turnouts are equipped with decoders and and power is coming from the tracks

I checked all the menus but do not understand what I did wrong. Anybody have an idea ?

2. Sometimes, for no reasons some of the locos just stop moving on the tracks. It looks like the Loco is power off.
Pushing the loco a bit, and it will start again moving. All the tracks are brand new so I do not understand how this is possible. This issue can happen on any loco and on any track.

Any idea ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Denis
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 18 August 2019 05:46:06(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: denis81 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone.

I am experiencing two issues with my Märklin train :

1. All my "Left Curved Turnout", "Right Curved Turnout" and "Three-Way Turnout" are all inverted :
- for "Left Curved Turnout" and "Right Curved Turnout", I am using the classic "left turnout" "right turnout" in CS3 interface, as "Left Curved Turnout" and "Right Curved Turnout" are not available.
- for "Three-Way Turnout", when selecting right, turnout goes left, when selecting left, turnout goes right.
- I deleted these items, added them back but I still have this issue.
- all turnouts are equipped with decoders and and power is coming from the tracks

I checked all the menus but do not understand what I did wrong. Anybody have an idea ?

2. Sometimes, for no reasons some of the locos just stop moving on the tracks. It looks like the Loco is power off.
Pushing the loco a bit, and it will start again moving. All the tracks are brand new so I do not understand how this is possible. This issue can happen on any loco and on any track.

Any idea ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Denis

Hi Denis,

Are you saying that they are inverted on the CS3 display, or are the turnouts operating opposite what you expect? If you can post an image it would help.

If a Loco just randomly stops, and pushing it slightly gets it going again then it would appear to be a temporary loss of power. Especially if the lights or any functions also stop working. But usually this would happen at around the same area.

How often does it happen, for example is it every few minutes, or a few times an hour?

How many Loco's do you have running? If you have more than one Loco running, do they all stop?

Does it seem more reliable with only a couple of Loco's running?

There are lots of possible answers so we really need more info.

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline denis81  
#3 Posted : 18 August 2019 15:20:54(UTC)
denis81

France   
Hi Steve,

Regarding the inverted turnout issue, the turnouts are operating opposite from what I see on the CS3.
All my turnouts are equipped with a decoder. What kind of picture can I send you ?

Regarding the locos randomly stopping, it seems I solved the issue :)
If it happens again, I will provide more details with he context.

Thank you for your help,

Denis
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 18 August 2019 15:27:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: denis81 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steve,

Regarding the inverted turnout issue, the turnouts are operating opposite from what I see on the CS3.
All my turnouts are equipped with a decoder. What kind of picture can I send you ?

Regarding the locos randomly stopping, it seems I solved the issue :)
If it happens again, I will provide more details with he context.

Thank you for your help,

Denis

What sort of decoder? Is it the C track 7449x series, or the m83 series?

Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 18 August 2019 15:33:01(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Denis
If you are using a 60832 decoder (or similar), then it is the location of wires in the decoder that is to be changed.
What I do to avoid confusion between blue wires I add some red and green on the wires (respectively to turn or to go straight). On 3-way switches I add a touch of yellow on both blue cables to the left-turning mechanism. Then the Blue/red wire goes to the red decoder output etc. On the 3 way switch there is an aditional risk of confusing both motors (so if the switch goes left instead of right, you have to change one motor wires with the ones of the other motor.

Cheers
Jean
Offline denis81  
#6 Posted : 19 August 2019 00:56:44(UTC)
denis81

France   
Hi All,

I am using the C-Track decoders.

Please find below the pictures with the wiring.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I do not understand what is wrong : I believe I should invert green and blue cables on the decoders but it makes no sense as it should work with no changes.

What do you think ?

Kind regards,

Denis
Offline PMPeter  
#7 Posted : 19 August 2019 01:51:03(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Hi Denis,

On your curved turnout you have the brown wire connected to B and the red wire connected to O. This should be the other way around - red goes to B (Bahn) and brown goes to O. Also you have the yellow wire connected to O and if you are not using external power it should be connected to B.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline denis81  
#8 Posted : 19 August 2019 10:08:08(UTC)
denis81

France   
Indeed, what a donkey...
And regarding the 3 ways turnout, I just inverted the plugs on the decoder and it now works...

Thank you for your help, I did not thought I got it wrong on the wires : I though the issue what is the configuration of the CS3.

Regards,

Denis
Offline Minok  
#9 Posted : 19 August 2019 21:10:06(UTC)
Minok

United States   
On the 3 way, Märklin just published a video that says the decoder-to-motors wires need to be crossed over, to ensure the decoder switches things right (that provides better wire strain free routing).

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok