Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 16 August 2019 05:04:38(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Drehscheibe Online (DSO) reports that Vedes has commissioned a limited edition Roco model of one of the Hupac Vectron locomotives.
The model will be available in DC, DC Digital Sound and AC Digital Sound.

https://www.drehscheibe-...ren/read.php?010,9025610
https://www.modellbahnsh...-de-p-0/ein_produkt.html

Hupac originally ordered 8 Vectron locomotives in blue. 4 were to be leased to BLS Cargo and the other 4 to SBB Cargo International.
The first four loks (490-493) were initially loaned to BLS, while the remaining 4 loks were adapted to be the same as the BLS Re 475.
Upon delivery of 494-497 to BLS, the first four locomotives were returned to Hupac. They were supposed to be handed over to SBB Cargo. One of the locomotives was even painted in a variation of the livery used by the Vectrons leased by the SBB from LokRoll. This lok, named "Rhein" became known as the "Nightpiercer" (Roco 79117 AC)

Two of the other three loks were painted in a Hupac livery. At around the same time, the SBB decided not to accept these locomotives. I heard that this was because the locomotives were not the same as the locomotives already leased from ELL and LokRoll and would have required additional driver training. Hupac found new operators for these locomotives. Two initially went to GTS (Italy), the third went to WRS (Widmer Rail Services). Currently, all four are now in service with WRS.

The only lok remaining in the original blue is the former "Nightpiercer".

I would prefer to see one of the loks in BLS livery, as this would make a nice MU with the BLS Re 475 that I already have in my collection.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline fusionfaded  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2019 21:48:26(UTC)
fusionfaded

Switzerland   
The loco looks very nice - but I wish it wasn't a limited edition for this german chain.
I suppose this the perfect place to ask - does MSL deduct the VAT when shipping to non-EU countries?
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 16 August 2019 23:27:05(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: fusionfaded Go to Quoted Post
The loco looks very nice - but I wish it wasn't a limited edition for this german chain.
I suppose this the perfect place to ask - does MSL deduct the VAT when shipping to non-EU countries?

MSL will deduct VAT.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 17 August 2019 18:18:44(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: fusionfaded Go to Quoted Post

You can compare the export price at MSL (plus shipping and CH duty/tax) with the price that Eyro is offering on their website (eyro.ch)

Regards

Mike C