Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tatul  
#1 Posted : 05 August 2019 22:23:23(UTC)
Tatul

Hello
I bought Märklin 74462 decoders and Märklin 74491 drives connected to Trix C-gleis turnouts. I set it up with the DIP instruction to 10 to program in DCC. I have to control the Roco Multimaus system. I am asking for a clear instruction how to set addresses in your turnouts with Roco. I'm crying because all three switches will not move. I hope that you will help beginners in DCC, and just get lost.
Regards Jacek
Offline MaerklinLife  
#2 Posted : 05 August 2019 22:41:20(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Just set the other DIP-switches (1 to 9) to an address. If you check the manual for the 74462 you will see which configurations goes with which adresses. It is on page 39 and ahead.
Offline Tatul  
#3 Posted : 05 August 2019 23:04:47(UTC)
Tatul

Thank you for your response
So I set DIP 10 and addresses according to the table? The instructions read "Setting the mode of operation and addresses Pos 10: on = DCC, off = fx (MM)" Well, I do not understand. I think I'm setting 10 and then it should work programming with Roco?
Offline Tatul  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2019 23:27:27(UTC)
Tatul

I apologize to the forum members, a little more information. I have Trix C-gleis tracks, Roco Multimause, Marklin electric drives and Marklin decoders. I connect according to the instructions for the trix. The decoders do not react. I do not know what is causing. How to do it, one by one?
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 07 August 2019 05:13:04(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Tatul Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your response
So I set DIP 10 and addresses according to the table? The instructions read "Setting the mode of operation and addresses Pos 10: on = DCC, off = fx (MM)" Well, I do not understand. I think I'm setting 10 and then it should work programming with Roco?

Well, why don't you look into the manuals?

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/74462/

https://static.maerklin....2476e8fdc61542982700.pdf

From page 38 onwards Mäerklin (or Trix) listed the various configurations of the DIP switches for mfx, DCC and MM. But first you have to asure which format you want to use and align all your devices to this format. A CS 3 helps there a lot, because it is a multiprotocoll device and managing the various digital addresses as well as the different protocolls automatically. No idea what a multimouse is doing.

Myself I do not set these DIP switsches very often. First I write the needed positions down on a sheet of paper. When I have the setting combination I transfer it to the decoder DIP switches. Meanwhile my CS 3 supports me by the setting of the DIP positions and it is a great help to me. I forget all this programming settings pretty soon, there I do not have to do it very often.

But as it is done by a device of a competitor - no idea. I decided once to buy Märklin (even not Trix, respectively I was thinking about Minitrix) and now I buy only Märklin and concentrate myself on Maerklin. Even at my MIST, where others use these Roco mouses too, I keep my hands off. Only controlling the loco speed and solenoid articles. Already at the functions I always run in trouble with these devices, because I do not know how to use them. Their handling is different to the Märklin controllers, which I know.

I think it is obvious not expecting too much knowledge in a Maerklin community about the competitors products.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Tatul  
#6 Posted : 07 August 2019 21:48:27(UTC)
Tatul

Thank you for your response. I tried to ask in this forum, hoping that maybe someone came across this problem. When browsing the network, it's not just me who has a problem setting the Marklin decoder address using Multimause Roco. Competitors don't like each other. I keep looking, maybe it will work ... I will probably buy TRIX Mobile Station in despair and everything will work:-)
Offline TEEWolf  
#7 Posted : 08 August 2019 01:31:51(UTC)
TEEWolf

Thank you for your response. I tried to ask in this forum, hoping that maybe someone came across this problem. When browsing the network, it's not just me who has a problem setting the Marklin decoder address using Multimause Roco. Competitors don't like each other. I keep looking, maybe it will work ... I will probably buy TRIX Mobile Station in despair and everything will work:-)

This sounds very good, because the only difference between a MS 2 from Maerklin an Trix is the red respectivly green knob on top of the controller. Technically they are identical.

Anyway I have the impression Maerklin aligns more and more Maerklin and Trix. Märklin for AC, Trix for DC and both brands shall use all articles together as far as technical possible.
Offline Tatul  
#8 Posted : 09 August 2019 03:00:54(UTC)
Tatul

3.jpg
One more question what is the PIN for Trix switches for? Should I rearrange something?
Offline TEEWolf  
#9 Posted : 09 August 2019 03:56:01(UTC)
TEEWolf

One more question what is the PIN for Trix switches for? Should I rearrange something?

Tatul, asking quaestions is not the problem, they are always welcome. But please read the manual. These are in various languages available. So you can get the explanation in a language you understand best. OK surprise to myself, at the Trix website no link for a manual is set up. But the decoder has at Trix the same article # as at Märklin's website. So you find the manual for the same aticle # at Maerklin's website AND in my post # 5 the link fot the manual.

In the manual at page 29 is your question answered. It is important because the colours for Trix are different to the used colours for Maerklin. But Maerklin attaches in such articles cables, etc. for usage at Maerklin as well as Trix. so you find more connecting cables in your decoder package as you finally have to use. Compare page 28 at the manual. And at page 38 you get explained, which track format is set up by which dip switches.
Offline Tatul  
#10 Posted : 12 August 2019 22:04:26(UTC)
Tatul

The problem has been resolved, it may be useful to anyone.
Solution:
Marklin 74491 drives Marklin 74462 decoder. ROCO Multimause control. We set DIP 10 to on, i.e. DCC mode. Then from the instructions we set jumpers with the address that suits us. We turn on the power, Multimaus enter the crossover mode, select the address, confirm with arrows and it works.
I set mine like this:
DIP on 1, multimause worked on 5,
DIP on 2 multimause worked on 6,
DIP on 3 multimause worked on 7,
DIP on 4 multimause worked on 8,
DIP on 5 multimause worked on 9.
Everything works. Subject to close.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tatul