Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dean24  
#1 Posted : 25 July 2019 06:11:54(UTC)
Dean24

Australia   
May I ask for some help with an issue I’m having with my 7651 rotary crane please.

I have lost power to my magnet and the cab light will only just illuminate to a dim orange and not the bright white it once was.

I can still raise and lower the hook and the rotary function is working. The speed control is working up and down with no issues.

I had it operating fine before when I purchased it with the decoder installed. I used the factory data base codes on my MS2 and simply installed it and all the operations were perfect.

I have only just gone to use it again and I noticed the problem with the low power to the cab light. I have lost my factory data base codes on my MS2 after a reset so I manually set the code to 30 as per the factory instructions. I cleared the rest of the locos on my MS2 and wired the rotary crane directly to the decoder box.

The contact tab, underneath the cab, that transfers the power by the grey wire from the decoder is making a solid contact.

The cab light will stay dimly lit and will go out if I press the light icon on the MS2. If I install the magnet the dimly lit cab light will go out totally.

My MS2 works fine with my other digital locos (DCC) and will search and find my other MFX decoders no problem.

Please forgive me if it’s something I’m missing as I’m quite new to digital.

Offline DaleSchultz  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2019 15:55:27(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
Does changing the lightbulb make any difference? Or if removed, does the magnet work better?

Failing that, it sounds like the output on the decoder that drives the light and magnet circuit may be failing.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com