Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 21 July 2019 11:45:13(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin three special wagons will be only available from Marklin days 13th-15th September 2019 at Goppingen.

If you attend - Grab it early before sold out.

Screenshot (46).pngScreenshot (47).pngScreenshot (48).png
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2019 13:33:13(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Like the boxcar. The tanker they have done in this series before (green IIRC). The silo wagon is a new addition, although I'm not to sure about the bold branding on it.

Wonder what they will do for a factory tour wagon?
Offline Nigel Packer  
#3 Posted : 21 July 2019 14:24:51(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Like the boxcar. The tanker they have done in this series before (green IIRC). The silo wagon is a new addition, although I'm not to sure about the bold branding on it.

I think it looks as though the silo wagon is the factory tour wagon. Shall I get you one on Friday (just to be sure)?

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 21 July 2019 14:35:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post

I think it looks as though the silo wagon is the factory tour wagon. Shall I get you one on Friday (just to be sure)?

Nigel

I expect to be in Goeppingin on Friday, arriving Thursday night. Will PM with probable arrangements, so should be OK.

Thanks for offer

Alan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline IanC  
#5 Posted : 22 July 2019 13:05:52(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
The wording on the silo wagon would suggest that it is indeed the factory tour souvenir. See you both in Goppingen in the queue.

IanC
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by IanC
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 23 July 2019 17:14:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 23 July 2019 22:50:11(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I expect to be in Goeppingin on Friday, arriving Thursday night.

We're arriving in Stuttgart on the Monday (9th) so will be in and around that area all week. I've been told its a waste of time to spend more than one day at Marklin Days, what's your experience on this?

I sure like the silo wagon and the box car is not too bad either.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#8 Posted : 24 July 2019 00:27:42(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

We're arriving in Stuttgart on the Monday (9th) so will be in and around that area all week. I've been told its a waste of time to spend more than one day at Marklin Days, what's your experience on this?

Depends on how much you like trains, I suppose!

My group always manages to spend all three days at the show without running out of things to do.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline MKOpSeattle  
#9 Posted : 24 July 2019 03:30:55(UTC)
MKOpSeattle

United States   
In 2017 I attended the event for the first time and reserved three days for it. After Friday and Saturday, we've seen everything we wanted to see and spent Sunday exploring Esslingen. We did see the lok parade around 4pm on Sunday, which is a must see. This year we're going on Saturday and Sunday.

Like Nigel said, it depends on how much you like trains. Advantage of going on Friday is less crowd. We got there around 9:30 and took lots pf pictures of the steam loks without people in the background, and rode in the cab of a steam lok with no wait. Also the special wagons can be sold out very fast.

T

Edited by user 24 July 2019 07:09:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by MKOpSeattle
Offline IanC  
#10 Posted : 24 July 2019 12:56:34(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
As Nigel says, and if you haven't been before you'll need the full three days. If you've been before and know the geography and routine then you might get away with just two days. Friday is quieter certainly, and best for the factory tour. That's almost half a day in itself. Sunday has the benefit of seeing the departures of the real trains from the station at around 4. I've no experience of them packing up early on the Sunday either, it's still a full day. Saturday we intend to do the 4@4 again, all gather on Platform 4 at 4 o'clock to meet-up and put names to faces and possibly try to take some group photos, although previously this has been like herding cats. I think two days in Stuttgart is enough, one day for the multitude of micro breweries and one day for shopping and looking at the S.21 construction at the HBF. There are nicer places to visit nearby. You could do the Mercedes Benz and Porsche Museums if you are into cars. Teddy Bears etc at Steiff, in Giengen am Benz; Waldenbuch for the Ritter chocolate factory and shop, Horb for the SVG railway museum and swap meet on the Saturday 7th, Metzingen for fashion factory outlet shopping, Reutlingen and Tubingen possibly done together, Rt is the working town with shopping and Tu is the old style University town, worth a day out. A Baden-Wuertemberg Regional Ticket will get you everywhere in the B-W region reasonably cheaply by bus, tram and train.

IanC
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by IanC
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#11 Posted : 24 July 2019 23:20:28(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Ian and all, we'll keep the 4@4 for Saturday in mind. Would be good to meet up with fellow forumers - I know at least two other forum Moderators will be there (Cookee and Sancho). I think we had planned to spend all 3 days at Marklin Days.

Certainly interested in the factory tour - I believe places for that are limited and balloted?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#12 Posted : 24 July 2019 23:57:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Thanks Ian and all, we'll keep the 4@4 for Saturday in mind. Would be good to meet up with fellow forumers - I know at least two other forum Moderators will be there (Cookee and Sancho). I think we had planned to spend all 3 days at Marklin Days.

Certainly interested in the factory tour - I believe places for that are limited and balloted?

They were not last time, and the time before although they were claimed to be, it was just a case of finding the bus out the back of the exhibition hall, but from memory last time it was on the normal shuttle bus route, without any attempt to make special arrangements to get there.

But last time (two years ago) I did the factory tour around the middle of Saturday and there were no factory tour wagons left, for some reason they grossly underestimated the number they needed to make. Bear in mind also that the factory is not open on the Sunday.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#13 Posted : 28 July 2019 10:03:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Does anyone have any recommendations for hobby shops to visit in the Stuttgart area?

I know ETS are at Waiblingen, but are there any others folks would recommend?
Offline TEEWolf  
#14 Posted : 28 July 2019 17:04:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

I expect to be in Goeppingin on Friday, arriving Thursday night.

I sure like the silo wagon and the box car is not too bad either.

The point may be less the 3 IMA days. The point may be, what are you doing the three days before? Be happy you are a F1 fan, so you have to (yes sorry, but for a F1 fan it is obligatory) to go to the museums of Porsche and Merceds-Benz (Daimler)Love in Stuttgart - minimum one day each. See the Silberpfeile and the Porsches from the 24 hours in Le Mans and Nuerburgring, for example. Do you remember Hans-Peter Porsche Traumwerk? Beside a H0 layout with some trains (over 180 pieces Cool ) he has a small Porsche museum there as well.

For companions not interested in cars, you may send to the "Königstraße" in the center of Stuttgart. An over 1 Kilometer long major shopping street in Germany. But quite expensive.

If you want to see all exhibition sites at the IMA days, you need these 3 days completely. Do not forget, the exhibition is spread all over the city on 3 or 4 major places. But these places are all connected by a circle bus line. Easy to visit all places, but needs a bit of time. Then it is not only H0. It is LGB, track 1, N, Z layouts at different places as well. You see most of the companies you know from the internet live at the exhibition center with their demonstration objects and you have company people you may talk to. Last time I visited ESU and WinTrack. This needs plenty of time. It is like going to a business fair. Even looking at the kids as they are playing with MyWorld is a joy for itself. Afterwards nobody will grumble any longer that MRR is mostly played by old, grey haired buggers - like myself.Laugh

I live not too far away from Goeppingen, so I go there only for one day. No problem to me coming back again next time seeing another exhibition site. So I have not yet visited the Leonhard-Weiss-area to see as real track lines are build today. Then I can recommend doing a ride on a real nostalgic train, which is offered. These takes some times perhaps half a day. I never have done it at the IMA days, because meanwhile I have here in Germany a great variety of offers doing such rides at other place with less crowds. The most well known one may be the "Säuschwänzlebahn"

https://sauschwaenzlebahn.de/

(cannot set this link in English, but at the upright corner you may select your language).

Perhaps you remember from the Maerklin Magazin too.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#15 Posted : 28 July 2019 19:19:48(UTC)
TEEWolf

Does anyone have any recommendations for hobby shops to visit in the Stuttgart area?

I know ETS are at Waiblingen, but are there any others folks would recommend?

Oh, I remember this question from the last IMA days in 2017. But I could not find the thread again. Only the thread about IMA in 2017 and our group picture in post # 118.

https://www.marklin-user...arklin-Tage-and-IMA-2017

I never have been there, but Joe, Frickenhausen is about 35 KM or about 1/2 hour away from Maerklin Goeppingen. But I think you need a car to go there. And I cannot tell you anything about the size of Joe's retail shop. The biggest store may be is the one in Waiblingen and it is only a 15 minutes walk from the S-Bahn station away.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline hennabm  
#16 Posted : 28 July 2019 22:30:44(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi all

We'll be in Goeppingen from Thursday evening.

Ian - Will try to do the 4@4 - if we emember. Blushing

If not I'm sure we will meet somewhere around the show.

I hope to get a silo wagon this year - that is my favourite of this year's line up.

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?