Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Larry  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2019 20:24:58(UTC)
Larry

United States   
In my long tenure with Marklin, I can't overstate how pleased I am with the customer service of Brenda and Marklin USA in facilitating issues, finding solutions and addressing my concerns.

I think Brenda does a marvelous job in probably a position where she has to field a fair number of inquiries.

Thank you, Brenda, for your outstanding service to customers.BigGrin

Larry
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by Larry
Offline Minok  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2019 20:39:06(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Here here. I could not agree more. She is a fine example of how a company's representation can be a wonderfully effective thing and brand ambassador.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline midwestbls  
#3 Posted : 26 June 2019 18:38:24(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
I agree, Brenda, has been terrific for Marklin USA ... and a shout out to the new Digital Guys, Curtis & Rick, too!
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by midwestbls
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 26 June 2019 20:14:18(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Larry Go to Quoted Post
In my long tenure with Marklin, I can't overstate how pleased I am with the customer service of Brenda and Marklin USA in facilitating issues, finding solutions and addressing my concerns.

I think Brenda does a marvelous job in probably a position where she has to field a fair number of inquiries.

Larry

You are working for Märklin US? Did something happen to Brenda? Or do I misunderstand something?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Roland  
#5 Posted : 26 June 2019 21:35:13(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Larry

You are working for Märklin US? Did something happen to Brenda? Or do I misunderstand something?

I believe he's referring to his tenure as a customer of Marklin ;-)
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Roland
Offline dickinsonj  
#6 Posted : 16 July 2019 01:09:48(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I have to add my vote of confidence for Brenda as well.

During my many years of collecting Märklin in the US I never found their service to be very good until Brenda started doing it. Now when I have a problem she gets it fixed and I don't feel like I live in the wrong country to be collecting Märklin products anymore. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline artvegas  
#7 Posted : 16 July 2019 05:43:07(UTC)
artvegas

United States   
ThumpUp I agree Brenda does a great job. She has helped me on a couple of things. One was when the dealer I ordered my club car from closed.

Keep up the great work Brenda!

Art
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by artvegas
Offline jvuye  
#8 Posted : 16 July 2019 10:45:49(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

Larry

I do agree wholeheartedly!
Altough it's been close to 15 years since I moved to France, when I was dealing with them professionally in the 1990's and early 2000's , Brenda was always the dependable and friendly mainstay of Märklin USA!
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline petestra  
#9 Posted : 16 July 2019 14:30:50(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Brenda of Marklin USA is wonderful. She has always done a terrific job there. I used to talk with her on the phone many times

back in the 90s when I was still at Lufthansa when she used to book their staff on trips to Goeppingen from Chicago. Peter. Cool
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline dickinsonj  
#10 Posted : 17 July 2019 01:23:35(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Really in today's world it is unusual for one individual's efforts to shape a major brand's image over an entire continent. But that is what Brenda's hard work and caring attitude have done for Märklin in North America.

Way to go Brenda - I hope that you see this so that you will know just how much we appreciate working with you. And I hope that Märklin finds a way to reward your outstanding work, which has changed my perception of Märklin as a brand. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline gene harvey  
#11 Posted : 17 July 2019 09:23:46(UTC)
gene harvey

United States   
Brenda is the" MARKLIN BRAND" here in North Ameriaca as far as I am concerned .

She is the first to call, and always the first to call!!

Let's hear it for BRENDA

my best to all; gene harvey
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by gene harvey
Offline dickinsonj  
#12 Posted : 17 July 2019 14:20:35(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I decided that Brenda really needs to see this, so I emailed her a link to this thread. ThumpUp

Many of us work hard at what we do and don't hear nearly enough about how appreciated it is.
Regards,
Jim

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline dickinsonj  
#13 Posted : 17 July 2019 16:20:46(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Brenda got right back to me - not a surprise there! She said that Larry had sent her his original post but that she had not seen all of the responses and that we had made her day. Cool

So nice to see the Internet used for something good these days! ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Bahner  
#14 Posted : 27 August 2019 05:43:48(UTC)
Bahner

United States   
Good to see so much positive response!

As I'm currently having a wee bit of an issue with a Marklin loco returned to Goppingen under warranty, how does one get a hold of Brenda (or her division)?

Thanks,

Ralph.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#15 Posted : 27 August 2019 07:20:54(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Email - brenda at marklin dot com

Substitute at and dot for the proper symbols.

Keep in mind that Brenda is at Marklin USA and your loco will be at the Marklin service centre in Germany. Might be better to email them directly - service at marklin dot de
Offline dominator  
#16 Posted : 27 August 2019 08:11:54(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Brenda of Marklin USA is wonderful. She has always done a terrific job there. I used to talk with her on the phone many times

back in the 90s when I was still at Lufthansa when she used to book their staff on trips to Goeppingen from Chicago. Peter.

No wonder Brenda is so good. She might be one of us [ age wise ] wouldn't you think.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#17 Posted : 27 August 2019 21:17:18(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
And here was I naively thinking that this thread was opened in appreciation of Brenda at Marklin USA.......
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline dickinsonj  
#18 Posted : 28 August 2019 01:24:04(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
And here was I naively thinking that this thread was opened in appreciation of Brenda at Marklin USA.......

Yeah - I thought the same thing...
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline mike c  
#19 Posted : 28 August 2019 01:31:01(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have not dealt with Brenda too often. Ken Brzenk was the go to guy when I had most of my dealings with them.
Since then, most of my customer service issues have been related to products imported from Germany or Switzerland, so I have been dealing with the dealers there or directly with the factory at service (at) maerklin.de

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#20 Posted : 28 August 2019 02:16:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Brenda is also on Facebook, I have her as a FB friend.

We had a reciprocal deal between our club and Marklin USA - they sent us the Digital Magazine at no cost and we sent them a copy of our club magazine. This still continues to this day even though the Digital Magazine is now free. Brenda tells me she enjoys reading regarding the goings on in our club!

As others have stated, Brenda is very helpful and in my case she helped me with getting my Insider registration sorted out in the days when Marklin Germany didn't have any facility for handing credit cards.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline gene harvey  
#21 Posted : 28 August 2019 09:44:52(UTC)
gene harvey

United States   
Brenda is also on Facebook, I have her as a FB friend.

We had a reciprocal deal between our club and Marklin USA - they sent us the Digital Magazine at no cost and we sent them a copy of our club magazine. This still continues to this day even though the Digital Magazine is now free. Brenda tells me she enjoys reading regarding the goings on in our club!

As others have stated, Brenda is very helpful and in my case she helped me with getting my Insider registration sorted out in the days when Marklin Germany didn't have any facility for handing credit cards.

I have been in contact with "Brenda" for probably 20 years, and must say that there is no end to to her helpfulness. BigGrin BigGrin

As far as I am concerned. Brenda is Marklin!! Then there is the one I read about in Europe

Best Regards, GeneMellow
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by gene harvey
Offline TEEWolf  
#22 Posted : 28 August 2019 15:38:36(UTC)
TEEWolf

Which appreciation can be greater as to recommend somebody for support and help?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 29 August 2019 00:49:20(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Offline Minok  
#24 Posted : 21 September 2019 01:21:50(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Well, Brenda is retiring later this year (2019), and the US office will move to a new state where her replacement will take over. Happy retirement, Brenda.

Quote:
In July, our long-time Club Coordinator, Brenda Hensleigh, announced she will be retiring at the end of September. Brenda celebrated her 29th anniversary with Märklin, Inc. this month. She is looking forward to spending more time helping her parents and exploring new interests with her husband Dennis, who also retired recently. Brenda said, “When I started at Märklin, Inc. in 1990, I had no idea of the breath of experiences I would have through the years. From taking nine trips to the factory, to riding trains throughout Germany and Switzerland. I have worked with wonderful colleagues both here at Märklin, Inc. and at the factory. The opportunity to meet many of our Club members at train shows and on our Club trips to Germany has been a wonderful bonus of my job. I will miss the fans of Märklin, Trix and LGB trains, who have shown me how a hobby can enrich your life.”

With Brenda’s retirement, the New Berlin office will close September 27, 2019. The following week, she will spend time at the Missouri office with Märklin, Inc. Marketing Manager, Stacy Cousins, to pass along the position of Club Coordinator. Stacy has worked for Märklin, Inc. for over four years and is excited to take on this new role.

Contact Information:

Phone: 800-321-8811 (It may take a little time for the toll-free number to be transferred between phone companies. If the 800# does not work after September 30th, you can reach Stacy at 573-365-9522.)

Email: club@marklin.com or stacy.cousins@marklin.com

Mailing address:
Märklin, Inc.
PO Box 2649
Lake Ozark MO 65049-2649

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline petestra  
#25 Posted : 21 September 2019 13:52:11(UTC)
petestra

United States   
All the best, Brenda.BigGrin

I know Brenda from her beginnings at Maerklin USA in 1990. I remember how I spoke with her on the phone at Lufthansa then. She would always

phone and ask for me then and I would arrange travel for the Marklin USA folks to go to Germany for meetings and the yearly Toy Fair in Nuremberg.

She was always pleasant and great to deal with at my job then and as a Marklin Club member since the beginning.

Have a fun retirement, Brenda. Peter. BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline mmervine  
#26 Posted : 29 September 2019 15:44:04(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
I just received the official word (from Robert at RJF Trains) that Brenda retires tomorrow. Wishing her a great retirement!!!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#27 Posted : 29 September 2019 22:27:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I received a personal note from Brenda regarding her retirement. Such a lovely lady! Brenda's replacement at Marklin USA is Stacy Cousins (also see Minok's note above)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline dickinsonj  
#28 Posted : 30 September 2019 00:38:01(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I received a personal note from Brenda regarding her retirement. Such a lovely lady! Brenda's replacement at Marklin USA is Stacy Cousins (also see Minok's note above)

Brenda is indeed a lovely lady and has worked so very hard for a lot of us!

I am glad that she is getting ready to retire but I for one will really miss her.

Stacy has some big shoes to fill! ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj