Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline arievered  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2019 14:27:47(UTC)
arievered

Israel   
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I have CS2 controller 60214 and recently I purchased L88 feedback module. I connected the feedback module to the CS2 as per the instructions. CS2 recognize the L88. I'm working only with one L88 , Bus 0 , 1-16. However, when I programm the memory to make some actions, for example, turn to green a traffic light when the locomotive is in a certain position it is not working. For example - I instructed the memory to do some actions when pin 1 is connected to ground. When I make a short beteen pin 1 in the L88 to Ground in L88 notyhing happen. Can someone help? Tahnks in advance
Offline poulmh  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2019 18:49:24(UTC)
poulmh

Denmark   
See and try this link

It show how You set the S88 LINK up
#3 Posted : 15 July 2019 19:57:00(UTC)
Minok

United States   
This sort of debugging usually begins with just getting the CS display up that shows the status of the L88/S88 modules, so you can see that it is getting a occupied/not occupied reading from the input to the L88 that you connected to that section of track rail.

If your are not getting a change in state when you short the rail to the other rail, or remove the short, then there are a host of possible causes from not having the L88 settings/address in the CS set correctly, or the L88 input and GND signal are not hooked up to the correct places, to the track itself not being properly isolated.

I'd start by just having the CS2 and the L88 not connected to the tracks at all, and just testing the behavior with wires connected to its inputs. That takes the track wiring out of the picture.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Harvey  
#4 Posted : 16 July 2019 02:21:15(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
I found the process of setting up a control point with the S88 and CS2 complicated because of the several little steps involved. Not sure if this is the problem you are facing.

This first pictures shows the Memory screen of the CS2. You have to enter several items on this screen. The Address on the L88 (at the bottom, under Contact). Also, at the bottom move the locomotive (under Tr.) to the right. Change the right most symbol on row A to show the locomotive with the hand raised.

Memory Screen 1.pdf (95kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

Click on the 3 dot at the bottom (under ext.)

Memory Screen 2.pdf (90kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Under Bus: 0 Contact 1, change the Flanke Gerat to 115 (LinkS88) (if that is the L88 id in the set up (likely is).

I don't understand why all these steps are needed (other than the address of the memory and telling the CS2 to look for the L88) but this works.

Harvey