Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline drwhitl  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2019 01:26:12(UTC)
drwhitl


Joined: 12/03/2008(UTC)
Posts: 97
Location: Auckland,
Hi all,

A couple of days ago I buiilt a small sound project, The first time I'd used the decoder tool for that purpose since upgrading to V3.3

Went through the usual routine: iThe project built ok, I saved it, and uploaded to the decoder (60976). Decoder is all good, but then I decided I wanted to modify some of the sounds.. On going back to the project file I saved, I find that most of the sounds (apart from 3) have vanished from the project. i.e. I'm going to have to rebuild the whole project from scratch instead of just swapping a couple of the sounds.

I've done a lot of projects in my time with previous versions, but never had that happen before. The file I'm looking at is definitely the one I loaded the decoder from. Anyone had a similar experience?

cheers, Dennis
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2019 03:10:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joined: 17/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 16,606
Location: New Zealand
Haha, I had this very issue a month ago! I discussed it with Peter Clapcott who hadn't come across this before.

Turns out the problem was caused by me installing all the project files and sound files into a non standard directory rather than the default directory.

On another machine that I had installed the MDT software into the default directories, everything worked fine - sounds were saved when I reopened the project file!

I did try uninstalling the software off my laptop and reinstalled into the default directory, but that didn't fix the issue. Seems something may get remembered / written to the Windows registry. I haven't got to the bottom of that yet. I've been using the machine that does work.
Offline drwhitl  
#3 Posted : 05 July 2019 03:39:25(UTC)
drwhitl


Joined: 12/03/2008(UTC)
Posts: 97
Location: Auckland,
Ouch. Could be the problem I guess. I'll do some playing over the weekend , but yes, i have got my file locations in what seems (to me) to be a more logical location than the default ones Thank you for that
Offline mvd71  
#4 Posted : 05 July 2019 08:15:04(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Joined: 09/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,032
Location: Auckland,
Ah, good to know for my future projects. Thanks Dennis
Offline ktsolias  
#5 Posted : 05 July 2019 09:16:57(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Joined: 01/05/2016(UTC)
Posts: 375
Location: Athens
The problem is that with the latest version of mDT3 software Marklin changes as well the structure of the "soundbibliothek"

So
Go to Documents>Maerklin>Soundbibliotek and delete the Soundbibliothek directory

Next download again the Soundbibliothek from Marklin server and leave it to go to the default directory

After you will have something like this:

Documents>Maerklin>Soundbibliothek
--mBibliothek
--eigeneBibliothek

Inside mBibliothek are all the Marklin sound files. From this directory you select the sounds
Inside eigeneBibliothek is empty (only directories) here you can save your own sound files to use with mDT3

After that everything works fine with mDT3

Another lack of information from Marklin. Tooks to me 3 days to solve....

Regards

Costas
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline drwhitl  
#6 Posted : 05 July 2019 11:48:00(UTC)
drwhitl


Joined: 12/03/2008(UTC)
Posts: 97
Location: Auckland,
Excellent answer. Thanks Costas, I'll give that a whirl
Offline bph  
#7 Posted : 05 July 2019 18:17:35(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Joined: 04/08/2018(UTC)
Posts: 65
Location: Sout East Norway.
Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post
The problem is that with the latest version of mDT3 software Marklin changes as well the structure of the "soundbibliothek"

So
Go to Documents>Maerklin>Soundbibliotek and delete the Soundbibliothek directory

Next download again the Soundbibliothek from Marklin server and leave it to go to the default directory

After you will have something like this:

Documents>Maerklin>Soundbibliothek
--mBibliothek
--eigeneBibliothek

Inside mBibliothek are all the Marklin sound files. From this directory you select the sounds
Inside eigeneBibliothek is empty (only directories) here you can save your own sound files to use with mDT3

After that everything works fine with mDT3

Another lack of information from Marklin. Tooks to me 3 days to solve....

Regards

Costas


had the same issue. And as confirmed her, don’t download the Zip file from the web. But download from scratch using the mDT3 and use default directories.
tried to report the issue to Märklin support some months ago, but they asked me to send in the decoder..... Maybe if someone who speak German can write an email.
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.359 seconds.