Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#1 Posted : 03 July 2019 20:24:28(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

I have a few Roco frieght cars and passenger cars and I was trying to move some of them around the yard the other night with my V60. The V60 has Telex couplers. I am finding that the telex couplers don't always hold onto the Roco couplers as strongly as they might so they sometimes drop apart from the lok.

I have looked on Gaugemaster's web site and they list 72060 NEM Relex couplers. What are Relex and are they the same as normal couplers?

Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2019 20:53:19(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Relex is the old Märklin standard coupler, works very well with Telex. It has a little latch on top of the hook, meaning when you push the train over an uncoupler track the coaches will stay uncoupled even if you continue pushing.
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kgsjoqvist
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2019 21:59:47(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: kgsjoqvist Go to Quoted Post
Relex is the old Märklin standard coupler, works very well with Telex. It has a little latch on top of the hook, meaning when you push the train over an uncoupler track the coaches will stay uncoupled even if you continue pushing.

thank you. so I can safely order some.

Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
Offline hxmiesa  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2019 08:49:24(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post

thank you. so I can safely order some.

Well, yes you can, but it will probably not solve your spontanous un-coupling problem.
Maybe you need a "kupplungslehre"; A device to check the correct height of the couplers.

However, I usually solve the problem without it; Sometimes you can bend the loops and/or couplers of the waggons downwards (as long as they dont touch the pukos when going over points and crossings, you are safe!) -or move the hook on the locomotive upwards.
Now, your loco being equipped with TELEX, I suspect that the hooks are actually hanging too low. Check to see if it is possible to lift them up.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 04 July 2019 08:58:31(UTC)
H0

Relex is the old Märklin standard coupler, works very well with Telex.
Relex works very well with the old type of Telex.
The V 60 has seen various generations of Telex couplers. If it is a new version with new Telex couplers, then it will not work (well) with the old Relex couplers. In this case it would be better to equip the Roco cars with Roco Universal couplers.

Since there is no ref. number for the V 60 in this thread, we cannot definitely say if Relex couplers will improve the situation.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Br502362  
#6 Posted : 04 July 2019 09:02:02(UTC)
Br502362

Finland   
Hi,

Relex/Telex

RELEXa.png

Cheers

Åke
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Br502362
Offline RayF  
#7 Posted : 04 July 2019 10:06:38(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The V 60 has seen various generations of Telex couplers. If it is a new version with new Telex couplers, then it will not work (well) with the old Relex couplers. In this case it would be better to equip the Roco cars with Roco Universal couplers.

Since there is no ref. number for the V 60 in this thread, we cannot definitely say if Relex couplers will improve the situation.

I have the same advice as Tom, having had problems with getting old Relex and new Telex to work reliably together.

My solution (because I had them handy) was to fit the Roco wagons with Marklin close couplers. I bought a 7203 box of fifty and have used them extensively to replace Roco and Piko couplers. These work perfectly with the newer Marklin Telex couplers. Sometimes on some coaches you might get the couplers touching the buffers, causing derailment, but I haven't had this problem on goods wagons.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#8 Posted : 04 July 2019 10:41:58(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 04 July 2019 12:02:37(UTC)
H0

Märklin 37861 is a flavour of the new Telex couplers and Relex couplers may not work well. Roco Universal couplers or Märklin close couplers will work better.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#10 Posted : 04 July 2019 12:09:43(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Märklin 37861 is a flavour of the new Telex couplers and Relex couplers may not work well. Roco Universal couplers or Märklin close couplers will work better.

Thanks. Just looking at the pack of 50 couplers in the 7203 pack, 39 euros at Lippe and £52 on Gaugemaster. Is it any wonder that us Brits buy direct from Germany? My local hobby shop - Scograil doesn't stock Marklin (although he can get it from Gaugemaster and gives me a big discount). However, his home layout is Marklin. That says it all for the UK market.
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by LongHairedDavid