Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2019 01:39:34(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I have installed 2 boosters on my layout and I'm using C Track. I have installed the red tab isolation correctly, however, whenever a loco crosses the junction, there is sparking from the track - sometimes it causes a short circuit. Do I need to install "ski jumps" or is there another way of resolving this problem.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2019 03:45:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
What type of controller / boosters are you using?

I think there were some caveats with older boosters, the later 60174 / 60175 boosters only need isolating between sections - no ski jumps needed.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
H0
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2019 07:26:33(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Do I need to install "ski jumps" or is there another way of resolving this problem.
When the red and brown wires are swapped in one part of the layout, there will be sparking at the junction. Double-check wire polarity.

A mix of power supplies (16 V AC and 19 V DC) can also lead to sparking.

In a homogeneous configuration (controllers and boosters from the same family with same power supplies) there should be no heavy sparking when used properly.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline PeFu  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2019 07:35:24(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

I think there were some caveats with older boosters, the later 60174 / 60175 boosters only need isolating between sections - no ski jumps needed.

I so agree. I started my ”booster journey” by the Millenium, using a Delta controller as booster deriving serious sparkles between sections. Now, feeding both a CS2 and a 60175 booster with 60041 power packs, there is no indication of that at all, even without ski jumps.
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Drongo  
#5 Posted : 25 June 2019 08:04:30(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I'm using an EcoS 50210 6A at 17.3 V
EcosBoost 4A at 17.3 V
And EcosBoost 8A at 19.0 V

I hope this helps

Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 25 June 2019 08:15:01(UTC)
H0

EcosBoost 4A at 17.3 V
Different voltages can lead to some sparking. Wrong polarity will lead to heavy sparking.

Do you get the sparks only between 19.0 V and 17.3 V? Or also between ECoS and ECoSBoost 4A?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#7 Posted : 25 June 2019 15:01:49(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Tom,
I get the sparks at all the junctions, and the stronger sparks at the 19V/17.3v junctions
Offline PeFu  
#8 Posted : 25 June 2019 15:30:35(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
EcosBoost 4A at 17.3 V

I hope this helps

That’s a lot of power! How many concurrent moving trains will you run?

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Jack_Peters  
#9 Posted : 25 June 2019 23:11:13(UTC)
Jack_Peters

Canada   

I just purchased 2 60175 boosters, but was still told to use ski jump isolators.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#10 Posted : 26 June 2019 00:41:34(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Jack_Peters Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased 2 60175 boosters, but was still told to use ski jump isolators.

No, you don't need to use the ski jumps, but you do need to physically isolate the 2 sections from each other otherwise the power from one booster will feed into the output of the other and vice versa. That usually leads to smoke.

I'm using 2 60174 boosters without ski jumps and have no issues with them.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline dickinsonj  
#11 Posted : 26 June 2019 01:37:26(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Jack_Peters Go to Quoted Post

And I was advised that I did not need them and therefore I have none in my layout. Mine is powered with the booster in my CS2 and three 60174/60175 external boosters and I have never seen a spark nor have I ever had any digital problems.

More of the undocumented mysteries of Märklin I guess. I emailed the NA Märklin dudes about a pretty simple issue and I never received a useful response, so I believe that we are once again on our own here. I see answers on this forum that both indicate that we need to use them and that we do not. I think that Tom provided us with the clearest and most accurate answer, so I would proceed from there if it were me.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline TEEWolf  
#12 Posted : 26 June 2019 01:40:26(UTC)
TEEWolf

What is a ski jump? Did you change your locos against skiing people? Or did you put snow onto your layout? Anyway is there snow outside the Australian Alps availbale?BigGrin

But perhaps you mean an isolating seesaw (in German "Trennwippe")? Which is needed for an electrical connection by sliders while you train is going from an analogue to a digital circuit and vv.

https://www.ebay.de/p/HO...nwippe-385550/1023477199

https://www.ebay.de/p/M%...7972635?iid=293125803642

https://www.ebay.de/p/M%...95-Trennwippe/1423519113

Here the Technik-Tipp 202 by Märklin showing the use and/or installation of such a Trennwippe. Even it is shown the mixed operation of digital and analogue modus.

https://www.maerklin.de/...faq/Technik-Tipp-202.pdf

Edited by user 30 June 2019 15:43:16(UTC)  | Reason: added a 3rd + 4th link

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Purellum  
#13 Posted : 26 June 2019 02:52:15(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
But perhaps you mean an isolating seesaw (in German "Trennwippe")? Which is needed for an electrical connection by sliders while you train is going from an analogue to a digital circuit and vv.

No, no and no. Blink

Trying to do this would definitely let the smoke out of your digital system................ LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline H0  
#14 Posted : 26 June 2019 07:43:56(UTC)
H0

But perhaps you mean an isolating seesaw (in German "Trennwippe")?
The English term "centre-rail rocker" is what I am used to. "Ski jump" works for me. I don't remember seeing the term "seesaw" used here.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Drongo  
#15 Posted : 26 June 2019 15:08:07(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Tom and everyone,
Today we spent about 4 hours trying to resolve this problem without success. I think I have tried everything - the last thing I did, was to put 4 red plastic isolators on all 4 prongs i.e. both the centre rail and the outer rails, and this didn't work out - still sparking.
More information about my layout :-
I'm using C Track, EcoS controller, EcoSBoosters and TrainController. Because I'm using TrainController, I have cut the C Track so that the 2 outer rails are isolated, therefore, one rail is for grounding and the other rail is for s88 detection. AS it's quite a large layout ( 5 metres x 6 metres) there are a couple of places where the 2 rails change and the ground rail connects to the s88 detection rail. There are isolated with the red plastic isolators, but could this cause the sparking ?
Offline rbw993  
#16 Posted : 26 June 2019 16:31:42(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
You might try reversing the wall plug on one of the booster power supplies to check if they are in phase. If the wall plugs are keyed to go in one way only then phase shouldn't be an issue.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 26 June 2019 17:42:02(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
You might try reversing the wall plug on one of the booster power supplies to check if they are in phase. If the wall plugs are keyed to go in one way only then phase shouldn't be an issue.

This will not change anything with the modern switched mode supplies.

It will also not change anything when there is a booster in the picture as the booster electronics isolates anything a transformer or switched mode supply does from anything happening on the track.

The changing transformer plug around is ONLY RELEVANT when using analogue.

Offline mike c  
#18 Posted : 26 June 2019 19:17:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I would try to make sure that all of your controllers/boosters are powered from the same power bar. That way, they are all on the same circuit and receiving the same feed.
I don't know how combining 17V and 19V will work. I would think that in that case, full isolation (all rails) would be needed at the junction.

As far as the ski jump/rocker/see-saw is concerned, those terms are all appropriate. The bridge allows the slider to switch from one circuit to the next and pivots for smooth transition, hence the jump or see-saw reference.

@Drongo, if one rail is for ground and the other for S88 detection, how does this work as the non-insulated wheels on Maerklin loks, cars and coaches are bridging the two sides at all times?

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#19 Posted : 26 June 2019 23:28:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

It will also not change anything when there is a booster in the picture as the booster electronics isolates anything a transformer or switched mode supply does from anything happening on the track.

That and the fact that NZ/AUS mains plugs are keyed for one way insertion - they can't be reversed like US/European plugs can. You'd have to open up the plug and change the connections.
Offline Drongo  
#20 Posted : 27 June 2019 08:36:31(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks again for your thoughts.
I did some further research today and I was able to determine a location on the layout where there were only 2 tracks that joined the 2 sections. I disconnected the tracks so that the 2 sections were physically isolated and then I tested the track with my multimeter to find that the ground rails had a connection. I assume that this is not correct and that somewhere there's an incorrect bus connection. Am I correct with this assumption ?
With about 200 bus connections to examine, I might be some time before I find it. Crying Crying Crying
Offline PeFu  
#21 Posted : 27 June 2019 08:45:56(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Thanks again for your thoughts.
I did some further research today and I was able to determine a location on the layout where there were only 2 tracks that joined the 2 sections. I disconnected the tracks so that the 2 sections were physically isolated and then I tested the track with my multimeter to find that the ground rails had a connection. I assume that this is not correct and that somewhere there's an incorrect bus connection. Am I correct with this assumption ?
With about 200 bus connections to examine, I might be some time before I find it. Crying Crying Crying

I use one common ground bus for all digital power sections, having no problems.
Offline dickinsonj  
#22 Posted : 27 June 2019 14:29:12(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
I use one common ground bus for all digital power sections, having no problems.

As do I, with no sparking or problems. Something strange and obscure is going on with your layout Greg. Although in theory your mix of digital components from various companies should work just fine, I suspect that is somehow the culprit here.

Keep investigating and reporting to the community and in time I bet that we will find a solution. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline mvd71  
#23 Posted : 27 June 2019 22:38:54(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi Tom and everyone,
Today we spent about 4 hours trying to resolve this problem without success. I think I have tried everything - the last thing I did, was to put 4 red plastic isolators on all 4 prongs i.e. both the centre rail and the outer rails, and this didn't work out - still sparking.
More information about my layout :-
I'm using C Track, EcoS controller, EcoSBoosters and TrainController. Because I'm using TrainController, I have cut the C Track so that the 2 outer rails are isolated, therefore, one rail is for grounding and the other rail is for s88 detection. AS it's quite a large layout ( 5 metres x 6 metres) there are a couple of places where the 2 rails change and the ground rail connects to the s88 detection rail. There are isolated with the red plastic isolators, but could this cause the sparking ?

Can you show with a photo what you have done with the isolators? The ski jump/seesaw/thingy is designed to lift the pick up shoe off the centre contact momentarily as the loco crosses from one section to another. Adding the red isolators under the c track will isolate the sections from each other, however the moment a loco crosses the join it will be temporarily connected with the potential for sparks. I think a photo would clarify for everyone and perhaps assist in further advise

Offline Danlake  
#24 Posted : 28 June 2019 05:24:58(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   

That and the fact that NZ/AUS mains plugs are keyed for one way insertion - they can't be reversed like US/European plugs can. You'd have to open up the plug and change the connections.

I have previously reported several observations with high ground leakage voltage from switch mode power packs for both C2/3 and MS2. If the power plug is fitted with EU plug try rotating it or else as BigDaddy says swop the wires internally. I don’t know if this could cause sparks, but worth trying?

I would take the multimeter and test AC voltage from the outer rail to a point that is grounded in your house. Do that with each booster district and see if you get similar results. E.g. I either have 170V or around 50-60V depending on how the main plug for the switch mode power packs is inserted.

Best Regards and good luck!

Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Bones  
#25 Posted : 28 June 2019 08:12:09(UTC)
Bones

Australia   
I think Teewolf got a little confused you can't run both digital and analog

The rocker was for use when connecting boosters but I don't think you need it now
Offline H0  
#26 Posted : 28 June 2019 09:21:31(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bones Go to Quoted Post

The rocker was for use when connecting boosters but I don't think you need it now
The question is who got confused.

The centre-rail rockers are needed when you have a transition between analogue and digital parts of the layout. They can prevent problems when you have boosters with different voltage levels on a purely digital layout.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#27 Posted : 28 June 2019 17:29:02(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Bones Go to Quoted Post

Oh no I am not confused. And yes in some cases you still need it now.

Even Märklin demonstrated the use ofthese isolating seesaws in its book #03070

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/03070/

in an extra chapter (page 80 f) "The best out of 2 worlds". On page 81 is demonstrated the "breakdown into digital and analogue layout areas". A picture shows one line in digital mode and one line in analogue mode. Both are connected by 4 turnouts. So you can switch between the lines without changing the rolling material by hands.

But underneath the picture (sorry did not find this one yet in the internet)
"Important: at the transition points, isolating seesaws must be provided and the conductors must be insulated in each case."

If I find the picture for this demosntration layout, I will add it on.

P.S.: I like the words "isolating seesaw" best. Because a rocker is a musicfan to me. BigGrin But the seesaw priciple of this children toy is exactly what is done with the slider of the loco while crossing this important isolating point. First the slider is going up on top and then on the other side down again. It is like the seesaw toy is acting. The important isolating effect is obtained absolutly totally.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Purellum  
#28 Posted : 28 June 2019 19:50:29(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The centre-rail rockers are needed when you have a transition between analogue and digital parts of the layout.

They could be used 15 - 20 years ago, when the digital output was made by push-pull transistors and
the analogue and digital parts of the layout had common ground. Cool

All digital equipment made since the MS1 ( IIRC ) is made with a H-bridge in the output stage,
and the analogue and digital parts of the layout can NOT common ground.

The first loco passing the transition will make a short on the rails and thus a short between the two systems,
letting the smoke out of the digital equipment.

I know a way to do it; but think that for most people I would recommend to not even try, since a train with two connected sliders
would still make the output stage of the digital equipment burn.

Maybe Märklin forgot this detail in their book ??

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline dickinsonj  
#29 Posted : 29 June 2019 01:27:13(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

Maybe Märklin forgot this detail in their book ??

Per.
Cool

Forgetting the details about their products or at least not sharing them with us is a time honored Märklin tradition. I think that we all wanted to see their traditions preserved after all, maybe just not this particular one. BigGrin

Regards,
Jim

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline H0  
#30 Posted : 29 June 2019 09:32:22(UTC)
H0

All digital equipment made since the MS1 ( IIRC ) is made with a H-bridge in the output stage,
and the analogue and digital parts of the layout can NOT common ground.
Sorry, but IMHO that is wrong.
You can have a common ground at the output stage only. Cool Cool Cool

Since the MS1 you cannot have a common ground between the controller and the transformer that feeds the controller. A common ground between a controller and a separate transformer is no problem. Check out the manuals for the level-crossings, they show this even for MS1.

Trains with two active sliders and centre-rail rockers never worked together. But AFAIK Märklin never sold digital rolling stock with two active sliders.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Purellum  
#31 Posted : 29 June 2019 09:43:16(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Since the MS1 you cannot have a common ground between the controller and the transformer that feeds the controller. A common ground between a controller and a separate transformer is no problem.

This is correct. My assumption was that some would use the same trafo to power both the digital and the analogue part of the layout.

Trains with two active sliders and centre-rail rockers never worked together.

Also correct. ( I realized this later last night; but didn't have the time to go back and correct.

My point is just, that for this to work, there are so many things that have to be done 100% correct, that the chances of something going wrong is too big, IMHO.

BTW, I also wonder how direction of the locomotive should be controlled, when going from one section to the other ??

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#32 Posted : 29 June 2019 14:42:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

P.S.: I like the words "isolating seesaw" best. Because a rocker is a musicfan to me. BigGrin

A rocker is also a bed for a baby, or a chair for an old person. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline H0  
#33 Posted : 29 June 2019 14:51:50(UTC)
H0

BTW, I also wonder how direction of the locomotive should be controlled, when going from one section to the other??
Most modern decoders have a "Falschfahrbit" (reversed direction bit).

When going from digital to analogue and reversing there, on return into the digital area the loco keeps the current direction even if it opposes the current direction set in the digital controller. Next time you reverse in digital, controller and loco will be in sync again for decoders that support absolute directions.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#34 Posted : 30 June 2019 03:26:52(UTC)
TEEWolf

P.S.: I like the words "isolating seesaw" best. Because a rocker is a musicfan to me. BigGrin

A rocker is also a bed for a baby, or a chair for an old person. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Indeed my dictionary told me too. For a baby I am too old. Blink Yes, well, but for such a chair I am just looking for, while I am getting older. Flapper It shall be my new controller chair and positioner for my MRR.Laugh
Offline Drongo  
#35 Posted : 30 June 2019 14:54:40(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Whatever they or you call it - seesaw ; ski jump ; rocker - are they still available and if so what is the part number.
Offline Purellum  
#36 Posted : 30 June 2019 15:17:27(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Whatever they or you call it - seesaw ; ski jump ; rocker - are they still available and if so what is the part number.

The number Märklin-number for C-track is 204595; I don't know about availability; but you can find them on Ebay Cool

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline TEEWolf  
#37 Posted : 30 June 2019 15:24:27(UTC)
TEEWolf

Oh yes Mr Drongo - please go back to my post #12 in this thread. There you find 2 links leading to ebay, the article numbers and prices of such a "Trennwippe".Smile
Offline Purellum  
#38 Posted : 30 June 2019 15:29:06(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Oh yes Mr Drongo - please go back to my post #12 in this thread. There you find 2 links leading to ebay, the article numbers and prices of such a "Trennwippe".

Your two links leads to "Trennwippen" for M-track and for K-track.

Drongo wrote in his first post that he's using C-track............... Laugh

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#39 Posted : 10 July 2019 12:30:58(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Well the "Drongo" has done it again. With the help of a few friends we found the cause of the problem - Drongo had reversed the wires into the booster. For those outside the Australian/New Zealand region, "drongo" is a slang term for someone who does something stupid - hence my avatar. Anyway, it's onward now to finishing the layout, but I really feel like a "Goose".

Regards
Greg
p.s. thanks to everyone who offered assistance.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Drongo
H0Minok
Offline David Dewar  
#40 Posted : 10 July 2019 12:35:17(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Now the thread is complete can I just say not all old people need a rocker ...so there. lol
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline H0  
#41 Posted : 10 July 2019 16:17:45(UTC)
H0

Drongo had reversed the wires into the booster.
Thanks for the feedback.

When the red and brown wires are swapped in one part of the layout, there will be sparking at the junction. Double-check wire polarity.

Cool
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#42 Posted : 11 July 2019 14:29:41(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Drongo had reversed the wires into the booster.
Thanks for the feedback.

Cool

Yes, Tom, that's why I'm a Drongo. Flapper Flapper Flapper

Regards
Greg
Offline Chris6382chris  
#43 Posted : 15 December 2021 05:01:04(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
So just to clarify you did not need any ski jumps/ rockers? You simply needed to isolate the center rail connections and your boosters worked fine?

Thanks,

Chris
Offline dickinsonj  
#44 Posted : 16 December 2021 01:31:03(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Chris6382chris Go to Quoted Post
So just to clarify you did not need any ski jumps/ rockers? You simply needed to isolate the center rail connections and your boosters worked fine?

Correct. The rockers are only needed between analog circuits, not digital ones.

You want the ground to run through all circuits and just isolate the pukos in the center.
Regards,
Jim

Offline H0  
#45 Posted : 16 December 2021 08:58:46(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
The rockers are only needed between analog circuits, not digital ones.
They are not needed when connecting two analogue circuits.
They are needed when connected an analogue circuit with a digital circuit.
They are also needed between different digital circuits - for example if you use two digital controllers.
Between a controller circuit and a booster circuit fed by the same controller they are normally not needed; the track signals should be identical.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Chris6382chris  
#46 Posted : 16 December 2021 12:17:37(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Tom again thanks and thanks Jim. I had found this thread after I made mine. So anyway I can’t wait to add the booster when it arrives as Santa has already delivered a few more engines.

Thanks again.
Offline dickinsonj  
#47 Posted : 17 December 2021 01:46:21(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
They are not needed when connecting two analogue circuits.

That is good to know Tom.

A dealer told me that they were needed many years ago, but I moved to digital before expanding my layout to where I needed a second analog circuit.

I even bought some M track ones from him, which might be why he told me that I needed them. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim