Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Thewolf  
#1 Posted : 26 June 2019 20:52:08(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Hi guys Cool

I'm tired of being thought of as paying pigs. I received my decoders from Germany at the end of the morning. What do you want me to do with this? Cursing

S dec 4MM (1).pdf (64kb) downloaded 78 time(s).

s dec 4 mm (2).pdf (67kb) downloaded 53 time(s).

In the configuration of the cs2, a code for a multiple decoder is required.

All cs2 users know what I'm talking about. And this code is configured on the decoder.

On LDT decoders, I don't see anything visually and physically as such for the code

I'm sick of it!!! I pay and I can't do anything!Cursing Cursing

I send it all back.

I can search the net and LDT: no user manual or explanations. At LDT, mass sketches as many times as you want but without explanation.

Thewolf
Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 26 June 2019 21:29:18(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Take it easy now... BigGrin

You have the English version on the Litttfinski homepage:

http://www.ldt-infocente...en/sdec4_06_mm_23_en.pdf

The solenoid decoder outputs are addressed in groups of 4. In summary, this is what you should do after you have wired the decoder according to the instructions:

(1) enter a turnout in the CS2 with address 1,
(2) press the button on the S-DEC-4 decoder (the decoder starts to switch the turnout very slow),
(3) click on the turnout in CS2 (the decoder starts to switch faster),
(4) press the button on the S-DEC-4 decoder again (the decoder stops switching).

Now the decoder is programmed, for address 1-4. If you would have chosen address 5 at point (1) above, the decoder would have been programmed for address 5-8. Simple!

Cool
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Thewolf  
#3 Posted : 26 June 2019 21:43:40(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
Take it easy now... BigGrin

You have the English version on the Litttfinski homepage:

http://www.ldt-infocente...en/sdec4_06_mm_23_en.pdf

The solenoid decoders are addressed in groups of 4. In summary, this is what you should do after you have wired the decoder according to the instructions:

(1) enter a turnout in the CS2 with address 1,
(2) press the button on the S-DEC-4 decoder (the decoder starts to switch the turnout very slow),
(3) click on the turnout in CS2 (the decoder starts to switch faster),
(4) press the button on the S-DEC-4 decoder again (the decoder stops switching).

Now the decoder is programmed, for address 1-4. If you would have chosen sddress 5 at point (1), the decoder would have been programmed for address 5-8. Simple!

Cool

Thank you Peter Cool

Frankly, I am tired of the lack of professionalism and respect of some people and firms.

These people really do act to make fun of people. In two weeks I had to fight against 3 firms to get what I really ordered. At each reception, either this or that was missing.

I paid the full amount. Do correctly your job and do your job properly to my satisfaction

Thewolf
Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 26 June 2019 23:41:14(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I must strongly disagree regarding the statements about LDT and lack of professionalism. In my opinion the LDT decoders for turnouts, signals, turntable and S88 equivalent have some of the best instructions in both German and English that I have found from the various European vendors. However, a person needs to read the instructions and follow them step by step. Just because another manufacturer's decoder requires dip switches to be set, doesn't mean that LDT does it this way. As pointed out by PeFu the LDT decoders are put into programming mode with the S1 button and you then select the group of 4 switch address you want the decoder to learn. Very simple and very straight forward if you do it step by step as per the instructions.

I have also found that if there is a problem or you don't understand a particular step, Peter Littfinski himself responds to questions by e-mail within 24 hours to address/clarify the issue and it has always been solved in my case.

You should really slow down and take it easy when trying something new and not figure that all vendors consider the buying public as "paying pigs".

Peter

Offline Thewolf  
#5 Posted : 27 June 2019 00:06:31(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
I must strongly disagree regarding the statements about LDT and lack of professionalism. In my opinion the LDT decoders for turnouts, signals, turntable and S88 equivalent have some of the best instructions in both German and English that I have found from the various European vendors. However, a person needs to read the instructions and follow them step by step. Just because another manufacturer's decoder requires dip switches to be set, doesn't mean that LDT does it this way. As pointed out by PeFu the LDT decoders are put into programming mode with the S1 button and you then select the group of 4 switch address you want the decoder to learn. Very simple and very straight forward if you do it step by step as per the instructions.

I have also found that if there is a problem or you don't understand a particular step, Peter Littfinski himself responds to questions by e-mail within 24 hours to address/clarify the issue and it has always been solved in my case.

You should really slow down and take it easy when trying something new and not figure that all vendors consider the buying public as "paying pigs".

Peter

PMPeter, you and I would do well never to meet each other because we will never be friends and it was a few months ago when you called me an ignorant and I a monkey dancing in a cage.

I admit that I went hard and I'm sorry, but the fact is: we have to avoid each other better.

That being said, in my initial comment, I attached what LDT attached in the package as instructions. Instructions in German.

If you allow yourself to give me advice like this :
''You should really slow down and take it easy when trying something new and not figure that all vendors consider the buying public as "paying pigs".,I want you to know that I don't take it into account and that it slips on the shell of my indifference.

I would like to give you the advice to read what I am writing carefully and in its entirety, which would have made you understand that the instructions accompanying the decoders were in German.

But the desire to answer me by denigrating me was tenacious and unbearable .

Be smart... go on your way and ignore me like I ignore you

I will conclude by saying that if my comments make you shocked, don't read them, it's simple

No hard feelings

Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#6 Posted : 27 June 2019 00:18:10(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
And I would add that when I buy something, I don't have to do any research whatsoever and in any way to use the product purchased and paid for.

So thank you Pefu...I didn't look for what I wanted on LDT website... I didn't go to the right place
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 27 June 2019 01:01:05(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
LDT products are great, i must agree that some work was required to find the proper way to program then, IIRC basically set the CS2 to only MM2 protocol, then reboot the CS2 and then program the decoder. I must have found that info in english somewhere since i dont read nor speak fluent german.
I think that if you like plug and play then you should stick to Marklin products, but probably you will end treating them the same way.....lack of good documentation is a trade mark of M.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#8 Posted : 27 June 2019 01:10:01(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well, my memory is not what it was

https://www.ldt-infocent.../doku.php?id=en:cs2_info

There is the procedure to set up the CS2 in order to program the unit with the procedure that appears in the manual.
Easily found under the FAQ section of LDT homepage, english version
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline PMPeter  
#9 Posted : 27 June 2019 02:27:21(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Thewolf Go to Quoted Post

PMPeter, you and I would do well never to meet each other because we will never be friends and it was a few months ago when you called me an ignorant and I a monkey dancing in a cage.

I admit that I went hard and I'm sorry, but the fact is: we have to avoid each other better.

That being said, in my initial comment, I attached what LDT attached in the package as instructions. Instructions in German.

''You should really slow down and take it easy when trying something new and not figure that all vendors consider the buying public as "paying pigs".,I want you to know that I don't take it into account and that it slips on the shell of my indifference.

I would like to give you the advice to read what I am writing carefully and in its entirety, which would have made you understand that the instructions accompanying the decoders were in German.

I will conclude by saying that if my comments make you shocked, don't read them, it's simple

No hard feelings

Thewolf

No your comments don't shock me. I have accepted that English is not your first language and that misunderstandings can thus result. For the record I never referred to you as "ignorant" and yes you did call me a "clapping monkey in a cage" for adding "Thank/Like" to a couple of postings where people like me were trying to help you with your situation at the time.

However, when you disrespect people or vendors from Germany or anywhere else non-English speaking, for sending you instructions in German then i need to speak up because your reaction was not called for. Would you expect a Canadian vendor to send instructions to a foreign country in anything else other than the standard English or French?

I was just trying to give you a helpful hint to slow down and assess what you have and what is available before you immediately want to send things back or off to Mike to handle. But if you consider helpful advice as anything other than that, well that is your option, and you may soon find out that you have alienated enough people on this forum that you will be ignored.

Offline TEEWolf  
#10 Posted : 27 June 2019 02:43:16(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hi guys Cool

I'm tired of being thought of as paying pigs. I received my decoders from Germany at the end of the morning. What do you want me to do with this? Cursing

All cs2 users know what I'm talking about. And this code is configured on the decoder.

On LDT decoders, I don't see anything visually and physically as such for the code

I send it all back.

I can search the net and LDT: no user manual or explanations. At LDT, mass sketches as many times as you want but without explanation.

Thewolf

Hello Serge,

what are you always doing? LdT is one company with plenty translations and documentations. Also you are sometimes surprised about my links, but here are some to help you. I hope they do and you bought art# 210213.

https://www.ldt-infocent...rasvplm6lud86rubo35fbp57

https://www.ldt-infocent.../doku.php?id=en:sa-dec-4

https://www.ldt-infocent...ku.php?id=en:dl_sa_dec_4

In the last link you get 8 different PDF files offered for help and explanation. Make your choice.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 27 June 2019 02:50:48(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Yes, all general documentation is there, but if you stick only to those, you will loose some time trying to get things working.
Critical step for use with the CS2 are not on those files, but in the FAQ section..ie
Unit always connected to main track, not programming track AND
Set both CS2 controls to "no locomotive" then restart the unit, and do the procedure to program that appears in the manual.
I must concur that even though easily accesed, that info should be on the manuals.
Regards
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Thewolf  
#12 Posted : 27 June 2019 04:06:42(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

No hard feelings

Thewolf

No your comments don't shock me. I have accepted that English is not your first language and that misunderstandings can thus result. For the record I never referred to you as "ignorant" and yes you did call me a "clapping monkey in a cage" for adding "Thank/Like" to a couple of postings where people like me were trying to help you with your situation at the time.

However, when you disrespect people or vendors from Germany or anywhere else non-English speaking, for sending you instructions in German then i need to speak up because your reaction was not called for. Would you expect a Canadian vendor to send instructions to a foreign country in anything else other than the standard English or French?

I was just trying to give you a helpful hint to slow down and assess what you have and what is available before you immediately want to send things back or off to Mike to handle. But if you consider helpful advice as anything other than that, well that is your option, and you may soon find out that you have alienated enough people on this forum that you will be ignored.

Amen... God has spoken.

Offline PMPeter  
#13 Posted : 27 June 2019 04:07:24(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Yes, all general documentation is there, but if you stick only to those, you will loose some time trying to get things working.
Critical step for use with the CS2 are not on those files, but in the FAQ section..ie
Set both CS2 controls to "no locomotive" then restart the unit, and do the procedure to program that appears in the manual.
I must concur that even though easily accesed, that info should be on the manuals.
Regards

Totally agree that this is a vital piece of information that is missing from the decoder instructions and I too tripped over that when I tried to program my first signal decoder years ago. I understand that the decoder instructions are generic for multiple different controllers, but it would have been nice to have a note that each type of controller may need to be handled differently with link(s) to the appropriate FAQ.

Cheers
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline Thewolf  
#14 Posted : 27 June 2019 04:21:57(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys Cool

I send it all back.

Thewolf

Hello Serge,

what are you always doing? LdT is one company with plenty translations and documentations. Also you are sometimes surprised about my links, but here are some to help you. I hope they do and you bought art# 210213.

https://www.ldt-infocent...rasvplm6lud86rubo35fbp57

https://www.ldt-infocent.../doku.php?id=en:sa-dec-4

https://www.ldt-infocent...ku.php?id=en:dl_sa_dec_4

In the last link you get 8 different PDF files offered for help and explanation. Make your choice.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Wolfgang,Cool

You didn't read my comment #6 in which I thanked Pefu by stating in more detail that I hadn't looked in the right place for the documentation on the LDT website on the decoders purchased.

In conclusion, I would like to point out that it is very regrettable for both LDT and many companies to attach only instructions for use in the language of the said company.

If members here accept instructions in the language of the selling company and not in their language, it is their right.

Me, I do not accept it because I consider it to be my strictest right to receive in my native language or at least in a language I can understand ("usual english") the instruction manual for any item purchased and paid for.

And I certainly do not have to take any steps in any way to satisfy my right to enjoy the property purchased.

Thewolf

Offline Thewolf  
#15 Posted : 27 June 2019 04:24:37(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Regards

Thank you for your replies...

I'll see to that tomorrow.

Thewolf

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Thewolf  
#16 Posted : 27 June 2019 04:26:30(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

Totally agree that this is a vital piece of information that is missing from the decoder instructions and I too tripped over that when I tried to program my first signal decoder years ago. I understand that the decoder instructions are generic for multiple different controllers, but it would have been nice to have a note that each type of controller may need to be handled differently with link(s) to the appropriate FAQ.

Cheers
Peter
Offline Thewolf  
#17 Posted : 27 June 2019 05:34:09(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   

No hard feelings

Thewolf

PMPeter,

Sorry I forgot to ask you in time.

Two simple questions: 1) are you the webmaster? or 2) are you one of the moderators of this forum?

If the answer is no to both, I would ask you to refrain from making any comments about how I act, I think, I write in this forum.

Thewolf
Offline hxmiesa  
#18 Posted : 27 June 2019 14:59:41(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   

Edited by user 27 June 2019 22:18:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline Purellum  
#19 Posted : 27 June 2019 15:53:56(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I'm tired of being thought of as paying pigs. I received my decoders from Germany at the end of the morning.

If I understand this correct, you bought the decoders directly from Germany, and now you don't understand why the seller is giving you the instruction manual in German?? Confused

I'm not sure about Germany; but I know that in Denmark we have a law about this, saying that all items sold in Denmark shall have an instruction manual in Danish.

Buying online is not any different than going into a physical shop; if you don't tell the seller that you want something different than all the other customers, he will give you what you ordered, just like he does with all the other customers.

Regarding some of your comments to people trying to help you: I think you're way out of line here. Cool

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Thewolf  
#20 Posted : 27 June 2019 18:04:58(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post

Sorry I forgot to ask you in time.
Two simple questions: 1) are you the webmaster? or 2) are you one of the moderators of this forum?
If the answer is no to both, I would ask you to refrain from making any comments about how I act, I think, I write in this forum.

You stupid effing idiot!

You speak for yourself, I imagine.
Offline Thewolf  
#21 Posted : 27 June 2019 18:19:11(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

I'm tired of being thought of as paying pigs. I received my decoders from Germany at the end of the morning.

If I understand this correct, you bought the decoders directly from Germany, and now you don't understand why the seller is giving you the instruction manual in German?? Confused

I'm not sure about Germany; but I know that in Denmark we have a law about this, saying that all items sold in Denmark shall have an instruction manual in Danish.

Buying online is not any different than going into a physical shop; if you don't tell the seller that you want something different than all the other customers, he will give you what you ordered, just like he does with all the other customers.

Regarding some of your comments to people trying to help you: I think you're way out of line here. Cool

Per.

Cool

I later added in my commentary No. 14 that it was very regrettable that a company like LDT would only provide the instruction manual in its native language. Do you ever read all of what I write correctly?

In short, I'm going on holiday...no more trains or forums for a long time and I'm not sure I'll come back.

Offline Purellum  
#22 Posted : 27 June 2019 18:27:53(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I later added in my commentary No. 14 that it was very regrettable that a company like LDT would only provide the instruction manual in its native language. Do you ever read all of what I write correctly?

The question is more if you read what I wrote? Cool

If you bought the decoders from Germany, without stating that they should be shipped with an English manual, I really can't see why you blame the GERMAN company where you bought the decoders.

Living in Canada, you might as well have wanted a French instruction manual; but being born Belgian, it could also be that you wanted a Flemish instruction manual. How do you expect the seller to guess what you want??

Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I forgot to ask you in time. Two simple questions: 1) are you the webmaster? or 2) are you one of the moderators of this forum? If the answer is no to both, I would ask you to refrain from making any comments about how I act, I think, I write in this forum.
You stupid effing idiot!
You speak for yourself, I imagine.

While I don't want to use the exact same words as Henrik; I must say that I completely understand why he's writing as he does.

You are really not doing anything good for yourself today, in terms of being seen as an intelligent and nice person. Blink

I'm not sure I'll come back.

Well, if you follow PMPeter's advise and relax a bit; I'm sure you're still welcome.

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline kiwiAlan  
#23 Posted : 27 June 2019 18:42:11(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

And where do they sell the largest proportion of their production?

I suspect that less than 5% (yes it is a guess) is sold outside Germany by LDT, so why would they put anything other than German instructions into the package? They have made provision for other languages by what appear to be excellent translations that are available on their web site, as has been pointed out to you.

While I am prepared to cut you some slack because (as I understand things from postings you have made in the past) you are somewhere on the autistic spectrum, I do get fed up with your "it doesn't work how I expect, send it back" attitude when with a bit of thinking and insight from those who are prepared to help, and are trying to help, you could have a much more gainful experience by taking a break from the ranting.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Minok  
#24 Posted : 27 June 2019 20:42:17(UTC)
Minok

United States   
LDT is a German company, so their primary documentation is going to address their primary market: internal to Germany.
Like all companies today, they have pages on their website to provide other language support: LDT's website has French language support. Its unfortunate that they don't have a french language translation of their product documentation here, but I imagine that what many companies do is provide support for their native language and then English to cover all others. Beyond that it takes a substantial customer base in specific countries to justify having additional translations made.

It could be much worse. You could write the company in English and only get back their native language documentation (seen from companies in Italy and Israel), or just refuse to interact with anyone outside of the realm you choose and tell them "sorry go away" (seen for a model railroad company in France). I'm just glad there is as much access and cross border support as we have. Some companies do it better, others do it worse.

Some of the conflict between members may come from the differences in common idioms and how those translate, which can seem offensive in another language. "Paying pig" may be a common phrase in Quebec, but its literal translation appears derogatory. This is why diplomacy is such a difficult thing many times. But the ramping up of rhetoric isn't helpful.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok
Offline river6109  
#25 Posted : 28 June 2019 03:32:03(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I think it would have been much more simpler if you would have stated: I bought some LDT products, unfortunately the instructions are in German , can someone help me with the translation or does someone know if there are English translations. full stop.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Thewolf  
#26 Posted : 28 June 2019 13:06:00(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
I think it would have been much more simpler if you would have stated: I bought some LDT products, unfortunately the instructions are in German , can someone help me with the translation or does someone know if there are English translations. full stop.

John

Before we leave for Vancouver with Via Rail, I would like to say that I agree with John.

I don't know what came over me. Sorry .

But there are comments from some people that I can't forget and especially the absence of reactions from the moderators when I was insulted by hxmiesa makes me decide to leave.

The moderators annoyed Utkan because he put more than 5 photos for a while. I get insulted twice and they don't move.

Obviously following my PM Mr. hxmiesa deleted his comment with insults. I do not accept.

So I'm leaving and it will take a lot for me to come back.

Thewolf

Notice to moderators: there is no need to comment on anything, there was a comment with insults and you didn't do your job!
Offline kweekalot  
#27 Posted : 28 June 2019 14:04:44(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
I don't think that all these overheated comments in this thread, makes Juhan very happy.
So the topic is locked now.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#28 Posted : 29 June 2019 00:27:20(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
.......... and especially the absence of reactions from the moderators when I was insulted by hxmiesa makes me decide to leave.

Notice to moderators: there is no need to comment on anything, there was a comment with insults and you didn't do your job!

Did you even bother to use the forum's 'Report' function to alert the moderators to the issues you talk about? Don't forget, moderators have lives and jobs to attend to which takes lots of time, we can't be on the forum reading each and every thread and post and if you don't report issues then what do you expect!?

It was left to two other members to report the thread, and that's when Marco stepped in.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz