Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : New turntable - Love it or hate it?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Total 73 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Online scraigen  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2019 23:12:04(UTC)
scraigen

I've been waiting to buy a turntable. I've just spent €2000 on new K-track, and have found the wide angle points to less than ideal. Now the hideous monstrosity 74861 that Marklin have announced makes me wonder seriously - did I do the right thing buying Marklin track? Should I just have sold the whole lot and gone 2 rail? There was some talk on another thread about them having staffing difficulty competing with local car manufacturers, it looks like children have designed this thing. I think there should be a my-world turntable for €100, but for €499 it should be the best looking turntable they've ever produced.

turntable-cropped.jpg

Does anyone else make a 3 rail turntable?
Must build something
Offline Nigel Packer  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2019 23:23:41(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
My solution would be to try and find a second-hand 7286. They are not that easy to find, but there are some on German eBay at the moment.

I've only seen the same pictures as you of the new turntable, and I don't like it so far, or the geometry, or the choice of matching round-house buildings.

I love my 7286, though it has had a decoder upgrade to give smoother running than the original Märklin one does.

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Online scraigen  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2019 23:31:41(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
My solution would be to try and find a second-hand 7286.

7286 looked great and I was just warming up to the idea of getting rid of my 7186 in favour of it, now that I really wanted a new turntable I'm gutted, and if I did buy it, I'd need new roundhouses as well because the ones I have are 15 degree spacing and the new one is 12.

Please vote in the poll, I may be in the minority!
Must build something
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 02 February 2019 00:24:15(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: scraigen Go to Quoted Post
I've been waiting to buy a turntable. I've just spent €2000 on new K-track, and have found the wide angle points to less than ideal. Now the hideous monstrosity 74861 that Marklin have announced makes me wonder seriously - did I do the right thing buying Marklin track? Should I just have sold the whole lot and gone 2 rail? There was some talk on another thread about them having staffing difficulty competing with local car manufacturers, it looks like children have designed this thing. I think there should be a my-world turntable for €100, but for €499 it should be the best looking turntable they've ever produced.

turntable-cropped.jpg

Thats the new C-Track turn table. If you are going K track - seek out the older K track turn table.

Once it comes out it may well look a bit different than this; and one can/should do some custom painting/aging and integration into the landscape anyway.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline mbarreto  
#5 Posted : 02 February 2019 00:33:46(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
I think we need see a sample. I was expecting to see one in photos from the fair, but didn't. Almost unbelievable!
In my opinion I like it, except the filling plastics around the turntable. They could be much smaller.
The roundhouse it is also better for My World than for any other Märklin program )))))
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 02 February 2019 03:45:29(UTC)
TEEWolf

Why can't anybody wait judging before holding it in his hand first time?
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline michelvr  
#7 Posted : 02 February 2019 04:06:37(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   

turntable-cropped.jpg

Hello Stuart,

Don't loose your bearings, believe me you are on the right track with Marklin. Marklin is the best and I know that because I sold all my 2 rail trains in 2012 for over $00000.00 Canadian! I took a $&§¥ kicking of a loss but I have never looked back! Marklin works and works well! I'm just shy of sixty years old and I had owned them all, Hornby, Bachman, Heljan, Kato, Atlas, Broadway limited, Roco etc etc and nothing compares to Marklin. If it wasn't for Marklin I would have quit this hobby!!!!!

Remember the picture of the turntable is only a 3D rendition. I can't vote on it because I need to see it first!

Sincerely,

Michel
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline franciscohg  
#8 Posted : 02 February 2019 04:15:18(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
The New TT looks horrible IMO, even if it is just a 3D render. Hopefully the real one will be better, but who knows. If you are on K track, try to get a 7286 and if you will need extensions, work on it now! They are becoming a commodity
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Online scraigen  
#9 Posted : 02 February 2019 09:34:19(UTC)
scraigen

The render is what is on vendor websites so must be extremely close to what will actually be released. I was hoping for a k-track TT but the focus is always on C, maybe when it is released there’ll be one with K connections. I love the sliplicity of 3 rail but the forum is full of discussions on bad motors, my brand new K turnouts have easy to address design flaws, the controllers only remember 10 locos unless you buy an M brand computer, and the prices are getting insane. M was always expensive but I viewed as worth it because of quality, now I’m questioning if the quality and prices are in sync with each other?
Must build something
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by scraigen
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 02 February 2019 15:11:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
I think we need see a sample. I was expecting to see one in photos from the fair, but didn't. Almost unbelievable!
In my opinion I like it, except the filling plastics around the turntable. They could be much smaller.
The roundhouse it is also better for My World than for any other Märklin program )))))

The width of the border seems to be because they appear to be using the track pieces of the 24071 to provide the track exits, as this already has the clip in side pieces. This can be seen when you look at the pictures of the additional exit track pieces for expansion of the number of tracks.

I would reinforce the suggestion to look for the 7286 turntable, and if using digital to control it use the LDT decoder that is supposed to be a lot better than the Marklin one. There is also the original Fleischmann turntable that is the underlying origin of the Marklin 7286 (can never remember the model number, is it 6652?) which I believe can be used in 3 rail mode.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mbarreto  
#11 Posted : 02 February 2019 17:55:35(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

The width of the border seems to be because they appear to be using the track pieces of the 24071 to provide the track exits, as this already has the clip in side pieces. This can be seen when you look at the pictures of the additional exit track pieces for expansion of the number of tracks.

I would reinforce the suggestion to look for the 7286 turntable, and if using digital to control it use the LDT decoder that is supposed to be a lot better than the Marklin one. There is also the original Fleischmann turntable that is the underlying origin of the Marklin 7286 (can never remember the model number, is it 6652?) which I believe can be used in 3 rail mode.

Yes, I agree the width of the border is because of the length of the track pieces they are using. If they are not the 24071, they are similar. I don't see any need for have those borders so long and also the rounded edge doesn't make much sense in my opinion. Basically the level between the turntable height and the floor will always need to be compensated, be it closer or more apart from the turntable itself.

I have the Fleischman turntable as when I bought it Märklin only was selling the 7186. As I don't have the box close I also don't know the item number.
Comparing the Fleischman and 7286, I prefer the colours of 7286, but that isn'ta problem.

I am curious to see the new one live and is a pitty they don't have it in the fair.

Regards,
Miguel

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline PMPeter  
#12 Posted : 02 February 2019 18:35:42(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I have the Fleischmann 3 rail turntable and it's number is 6652. Based on the extensions, the Fleischmann plastic is a lighter grey compared to the Maerklin version.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline mbarreto  
#13 Posted : 02 February 2019 18:44:45(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
... the Fleischmann plastic is a lighter grey compared to the Maerklin version.

Yes and the metal parts that are the center rail are also a bit darker and don't shine so much in the 7286.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Online scraigen  
#14 Posted : 03 February 2019 00:05:15(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Why can't anybody wait judging before holding it in his hand first time?

Should I spend €499 so I can hold it in my hand and then judge it? I’m judging it on the visual M has released, the visual that stores are taking orders on. I’m judging it on the description M have provided.
Must build something
Online scraigen  
#15 Posted : 03 February 2019 00:07:51(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
I have the Fleischmann 3 rail turntable and it's number is 6652. Based on the extensions, the Fleischmann plastic is a lighter grey compared to the Maerklin version.

Peter

Thanks Peter good to know, I shall keep an eye out for it on eBay as an option to 7286
Must build something
Offline Alsterstreek  
#16 Posted : 03 February 2019 00:19:04(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline applor  
#17 Posted : 03 February 2019 05:21:17(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Since you already have K track there is no reason to buy a C track turntable - plenty of K track 7286 will be around to buy.

I have had my share of issues with the K track wide radius turnouts and DKW but I don't regret choosing K over C track.

However, if I was starting from scratch and did not have a large collection of Marklin locos and knowing what I do now I would definitely go 2 rail.
Pretty much all the running problems with Marklin stem from the 3rd rail and its design limitations on top of looking inferior.

In regards to the C track turntable, I think they've done it well in a number of ways. The K track turntable was actually the wrong design type. (dual rotation rails, no inspection pit, control cab designed for catenary)
Most arguments against the C track turntable seem to revolve around its plastic appearance but any serious modeler will be painting and weathering it anyways.
There is a company that offers lasercut high quality replacement cover pieces for the K track 7286 turntable so I don't doubt they'll do the same thing for the C track turntable.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by applor
Offline Goofy  
#18 Posted : 04 May 2019 10:05:55(UTC)
Goofy

You have Roco turntable which accept three rail too.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kimballthurlow  
#19 Posted : 04 May 2019 14:43:29(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
As of this date 20% like it.
20% really don't care one way or another.
47% HATE it.

Let us assume that statistically, this poll represents the Maerklin hobby community.
My interpretation of this is that 20% of Maerklin hobbyists will possibly buy this turntable and actually use it in a layout.

Another 20% either do not/will not use a turntable for a variety of reasons. OK.

Of the 47% who hate it, let us go 50:50.
So we say that 23% hate it because it does not suit their sensibilities of what a turntable should look like.
Maybe others hate it without considering whether it is designed in a functional manner to suit layout design and building.
Maybe some hate it without considering how well it fits the C track geometry.
Do people hate it without considering how well it suits the various locomotives used on a layout?
Maybe they hate it without considering how well it works mechanically and using digital control.

Can this turntable recognize the locomotive on it, and automatically turn to the correct pre-ordered exit or shed track?

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Online scraigen  
#20 Posted : 04 May 2019 20:05:18(UTC)
scraigen

I guess my biggest issue is why they didn’t make one which could take either C track or K track by changing the outer pieces. Perhaps that is on the way?

Just having spent £1000s buying new K track I was bitterly disappointed that they didn’t announce one for both track types.

IMHO it looks too plastic, the extra wide rim makes it look a bit kiddy.
Must build something
Offline Jabez  
#21 Posted : 04 May 2019 23:53:04(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post

However, if I was starting from scratch and did not have a large collection of Marklin locos and knowing what I do now I would definitely go 2 rail.
Pretty much all the running problems with Marklin stem from the 3rd rail and its design limitations on top of looking inferior.

I've been out of circulation for a while and have just read your post. That's fightin' talk here. Blink. But I have seen your superb work on your Maerklin layout, so I know your criticism is serious and not just polemic. If you see this reply I would like to hear what you consider are the specific running problems associated with the 3rd rail, perhaps in a new thread. Thanks
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline dominator  
#22 Posted : 05 May 2019 06:42:13(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
Looks like all those plastic bits around the outside can be removed and left off maybe. If that's the case then maybe use your artistic skills to blend it into your layout. I suspect it will look a lot better than having unrealistic false exits all around the TT.

Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
Offline mvd71  
#23 Posted : 05 May 2019 10:25:18(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
What a monstrosity, I would buy a second hand k track one for sure. And if the k track one becomes unavailable, I would look at the fleischmann two rail version with a view to converting it.
Offline rrf  
#24 Posted : 05 May 2019 13:12:22(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Hello Friends,

Having watched this tread since the 74861 C-Track Turntable was first announced, I am still quite surprised at level of vitriol some folks have for a product that will not available for another five to six months. Now I can understand disappointment about not having K-Track inserts but complaining about the "plastic look" based upon pre-release images seems a bit much. Don't a number of our members resolve similar concerns with other models by weathering?

Personally, I will wait until some people actually get their hands on the turntable and provide feedback before I make a purchase decision. I am much more interested in control mechanisms and running characteristics. The dust in my house (a.k.a. "Time Based Weathering") should take care of any possible appearance problemsSmile

Regards,
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rrf
Offline kiwiAlan  
#25 Posted : 05 May 2019 13:25:29(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: rrf Go to Quoted Post

... but complaining about the "plastic look" based upon pre-release images seems a bit much. Don't a number of our members resolve similar concerns with other models by weathering?

My concern is more the width of the outer ring. That perhaps emphasises the 'plastic look', but to me that width doesn't look prototypical. The 7286 looks more natural to be, and connecting to C track shouldn't be a problem on a fixed layout, but I guess the new one will be better for table top or carpetbahn layouts that get set up and dismantled again a few days later.
Offline MaerklinLife  
#26 Posted : 05 May 2019 14:31:20(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I guess the new one will be better for table top or carpetbahn layouts that get set up and dismantled again a few days later.

Well... it will, if you are willing to drill a hole in the floor.

In case it was not clear to everybody: The new turn table WILL NOT work on the carpet. It needs a hole in the base plate.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline MaerklinLife  
#27 Posted : 05 May 2019 14:43:14(UTC)
MaerklinLife

My concern is more the width of the outer ring. That perhaps emphasises the 'plastic look', but to me that width doesn't look prototypical.

We have not seen the real model yet, this is just computer renderings. But it is definitely prototypical to have a wide outer ring of concrete around the turntable.

The new Märklin turntable (and engine shed btw.) is inspired heavily by the turntable at the Heilbronn train museum. That turntable does have a wide outer ring of concrete and ballasted track joining up to the turntable. Just like the Märklin model.

Creative modellers will surely find some way to integrate the turn table nicely into the layout.

https://www.google.com/maps/@49....06h,39.12t/data=!3m1!1e3
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Online scraigen  
#28 Posted : 05 May 2019 18:47:04(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: rrf Go to Quoted Post
I am still quite surprised at level of vitriol some folks have for a product that will not available for another five to six months.

I'm equally surprised at the vitriolic responses that any mild criticism of Marklin gets on this forum, I clarified my concerns and disappointment re the lack of K-track, and prefixed my comment re plasticky with 'In my opinion', but yet again because it's not all out praise for M then my opinion must be wrong, I must have judged it too early because is only a 3D render - are we saying M don't have good or accurate 3D models?

Despite what you might think I want M to survive, I want to give M my money, I wanted to buy a TT to go with the large investment in track I've just made.

Others have said go your dealer, not even sure there is one in the UK, I envy those of you who have dealers in your areas, therefore I can only go on the imagery that M release.

I don't see why we have to have so much questioning of other people's stated opinions, wouldn't it be better if those that like it say why, and those that don't are allowed to do so without the thread just becoming argumentative as seems to happen on so many other discussions on this forum.
Must build something
Offline kiwiAlan  
#29 Posted : 05 May 2019 19:35:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Others have said go your dealer, not even sure there is one in the UK,

Well Gaugemaster are the UK representatives for Marklin, but Mt Tabor Models also handle Marklin and advertise regularly in Continental Modeller. The guy at Mt Tabor Models is at least keen to sell to you which is more than Gaugemaster seem to want to do.
Offline rrf  
#30 Posted : 05 May 2019 20:31:27(UTC)
rrf

United States   
I'm equally surprised at the vitriolic responses that any mild criticism of Marklin gets on this forum.

Well said my friend. I do not like to see any amount of vitriol or other form of antagonism in our forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and regardless of whether one agrees, disagrees or could care less, we should be be able to respectfully discuss our differing views.

My two pennies,

Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rrf
Offline Webmaster  
#31 Posted : 05 May 2019 21:00:13(UTC)
Webmaster

To me, the most important things is how long the turning track is... Anyone who knows?

Is it like a 7186 or is it like 7286?

If it's like 7286, I'm ok with it even if it looks a bit "fat" around the edge of it... They could maybe have made the edges sloped for looks...
Too early to judge IMHO, let's wait and see the final product.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline mbarreto  
#32 Posted : 05 May 2019 22:58:12(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
To me, the most important things is how long the turning track is... Anyone who knows?

What do you mean with "turning track"? The deck length is 263mm... (I don't know if it this you want to know)

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline kiwiAlan  
#33 Posted : 05 May 2019 23:19:07(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

What do you mean with "turning track"? The deck length is 263mm... (I don't know if it this you want to know)

Yes, the deck is shorter than the 7286, not sure how it compares to a 7186.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Minok  
#34 Posted : 06 May 2019 21:12:58(UTC)
Minok

United States   
[ judged it too early because is only a 3D render - are we saying M don't have good or accurate 3D models?

No, but I'd not expect a model/toy manufacturer to spend ILM levels of time and money to get high end texture rendering of what it will look like done for a promo photo. Its a good enough render, and when the model is out, like all plastic model houses, it will require some weathering and powders to make it look as the prototype it is an implementations of.
---
My YouTube Channel:
Offline applor  
#35 Posted : 07 May 2019 01:10:19(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I guess my biggest issue is why they didn’t make one which could take either C track or K track by changing the outer pieces. Perhaps that is on the way?

Just having spent £1000s buying new K track I was bitterly disappointed that they didn’t announce one for both track types.

IMHO it looks too plastic, the extra wide rim makes it look a bit kiddy.

Don't you think it's a good thing you went K track then, since you can use the 7286 turntable?
Online scraigen  
#36 Posted : 07 May 2019 11:41:01(UTC)
scraigen

Don't you think it's a good thing you went K track then, since you can use the 7286 turntable?

I'm happy with my choice of K-track, and I would have bought 7286 brand new, but I've had to buy one second hand from Germany, now I also need more connectors whose price is very high on eBay.

It also raises a question over M's commitment to K track as it has been a number of years now that a TT has been unavailable for K. I would have expected one TT for both track types, essentially the same deck and features, in two versions one with K and one with C connections.
Must build something
Offline Goofy  
#37 Posted : 07 May 2019 18:56:22(UTC)
Goofy

I'm happy with my choice of K-track, and I would have bought 7286 brand new, but I've had to buy one second hand from Germany, now I also need more connectors whose price is very high on eBay.

It also raises a question over M's commitment to K track as it has been a number of years now that a TT has been unavailable for K. I would have expected one TT for both track types, essentially the same deck and features, in two versions one with K and one with C connections.

Maybe it´s one of the suprise by Märklin on the thursday?

BigGrin

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#38 Posted : 08 May 2019 11:26:13(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Maybe it´s one of the suprise by Märklin on the thursday?

BigGrin

As a recent convert to Marklin, I am fully committed to C track. I think works really well for me. I am excited about a new turntable but I think that everyone should wait for the real thing rather than going on a computer image.
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline MaerklinLife  
#39 Posted : 08 May 2019 11:38:04(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I have no doubt: Märklin consider K track dead. All current development is around the C track.

I anything happens it will be a completely new track and K track will be retired. I don't think a new track will happen in the near future. Most customers go with C track, so that is where the money is. K track is old and outdated.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Online scraigen  
#40 Posted : 08 May 2019 17:14:34(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
I have no doubt: Märklin consider K track dead. All current development is around the C track.

Yes it's looking that way to me too, I hope not, we'll just have wait and see.
Must build something
Offline hxmiesa  
#41 Posted : 25 June 2019 09:01:16(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
I've been waiting to buy a turntable. I've just spent €2000 on new K-track, and have found the wide angle points to less than ideal. Now the hideous monstrosity 74861 that Marklin have announced makes me wonder seriously - did I do the right thing buying Marklin track?

A bit late to the party here, sorry...

First off; The "old" 7286 turntable is quite good, and I understand that Märklin will be producing a new batch of the set with the extra spoke-tracks at some point (within the next 6 months?)
If you want to source them on E-bay, then you also have the choice of the original Fleischmann produced expansion sets.

But what really made me want to write here, is your comment on the "wide angle points";
What´s wrong with them??? Geometry-wise they are really excellent! Far superior to the slim C-tracks. (IMHO)
I love them! Drool

Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline Ross  
#42 Posted : 26 June 2019 00:59:25(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi All,

A friend of mine notified me that the Fleischmann AC turntable will be available soon.

Turntable is # 665201 Q3/2019
Extension set # 665301
Digital TT switch # 6915
Manual TT Switch 6910

This info can be found on www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com

https://www.modellbahnsh...gb-p-0/gruppenliste.html
Ross
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Ross
Offline mvd71  
#43 Posted : 26 June 2019 05:18:49(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
The fleischmann will be my choice if I ever decide to add to my existing k track one.

Somebody pointed out to me that the new Marklin one has a different angle between tracks, so a lot of the loco sheds may not work so well. Add that to the shorter deck length and seems like a step backwards to me.
Offline applor  
#44 Posted : 26 June 2019 07:02:29(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Looking at the new Fleischmann turntable, it appears to be the exact same as the old one (just different painting/colours)

Same segments, same bridge, accessories etc...

You might be able to buy and use the extra spoke tracks from the new Fleischmann on the older 7286 turntable.
Online scraigen  
#45 Posted : 26 June 2019 19:47:28(UTC)
scraigen

Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post

But what really made me want to write here, is your comment on the "wide angle points";
What´s wrong with them??? Geometry-wise they are really excellent! Far superior to the slim C-tracks. (IMHO)
I love them!

See here they are fine with newer rolling stock but have pukos too close to the rails for some older stock. This issue seems to me to be fairly easily to rectify but M haven’t done it. Don’t understand why. But yes love the geometry and look really good.
Must build something
Offline bph  
#46 Posted : 15 August 2019 22:53:02(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Looking at the new Fleischmann turntable, it appears to be the exact same as the old one (just different painting/colours)

Same segments, same bridge, accessories etc...

You might be able to buy and use the extra spoke tracks from the new Fleischmann on the older 7286 turntable.

It seems like Fleischmann has published an updated picture of the new 665201 AC turntable.

https://www.fleischmann.de/responsebinary.asp?id=909594859245706.jpg
Looks quite nice. (it still says example illustration)
But the price is not so nice, especially if you include the digital Controller 6915......
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline mbarreto  
#47 Posted : 15 August 2019 23:30:49(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Better wait to understand what the offering is. I think the price is a bit crazy if it is only for an analog turntable, but Roco knows better.
Seems the rails are yellow (due to nickel-silver) and I still cant understand the price if it is not digital...
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline TEEWolf  
#48 Posted : 16 August 2019 01:49:13(UTC)
TEEWolf

Better wait to understand what the offering is. I think the price is a bit crazy if it is only for an analog turntable, but Roco knows better.
Seems the rails are yellow (due to nickel-silver) and I still cant understand the price if it is not digital...

The turntable is without any decoder controlling system. This turntable understands analogue as well as digital with the Fleischmann 6915 controller. But it costs another 235 € Laugh. The regular equipment by Fleischmann: "Electrically operated turntable for 3-rail AC system, with turntable control switch 6909."
It is this one:
https://modellbahn-shop....1c5/Products/T60-6909-01
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline clapcott  
#49 Posted : 16 August 2019 04:52:26(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FWIW, example of track geometry.

Showing
- direct alignment with existing 64.3 R9 spacing for using adjacent spurs
- variations available for 77.5 spacing by adding 24064s
- wide spacing - using 246xx the addition of a 24094 (half) track
- a combined of R9(12 degree) and R2 (2 degree) feed ins.

UserPostedImage
Peter
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Minok  
#50 Posted : 16 August 2019 20:39:51(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Whomever has one, what is the center rail/concrete look/metal material? (which is the center conductor)
Is it aluminum that has been anodized to that effect/color?
Its an interesting approach that may work for a grade road crossing..

Fleischmann-665201.jpg
---
My YouTube Channel: