Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline morsing  
#1 Posted : 22 May 2019 12:46:38(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   

Hi,

I can no longer move objects in Scarm. I've even tried rebooting, doesn't help. SCARM 1.5.1 with a paid licence.

Right clicking on anything, no "Move" in menu. Even tried creating a new random object on its own, still no move.

Thanks
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline Jabez  
#2 Posted : 22 May 2019 20:58:35(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Several months ago, immediately after updating my paid version of Scarm, I found the full program would no longer run. I get a message 'there may be a problem with your license key'. Since then I can only run Scarm in the free trial version which limits you to 100 track items.
Peehm, the Scarm developer and owner has been unable to come up with any solution that would allow me to continue to run the program which I have paid for.Angry Angry ThumbDown ThumbDown
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2019 22:00:02(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I can not use Scarm anymore.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline ocram63_uk  
#4 Posted : 22 May 2019 23:28:23(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
I've been using the free version of SCARM for my layouts. The thing I do not understand is why when I draw the layout has points where ends do not meet, as in the last one I posted, while when I lay down the tracks everything goes fine. If the geometry is correct / precise it doesn't matter whether I use 24188 and 24172 in sequence or a 24172 and 24188, the loop has to close!!
Is is a nice tool to blot a rough idea and then when laying down the tracks everything works perfectly.

Years ago I used Railways, by a French guy, this was a perfect tool,simple, graphically basic, but never an issue in closing loops. Unfortunately it works only on 32 bit machines and I can't use it anymore as I don't have one anymore.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 23 May 2019 03:49:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
32 bit Windows software programs should still run on 64 bit Windows fine, providing the application is supported on the version of Windows that you're using.
Offline Legless  
#6 Posted : 23 May 2019 07:39:21(UTC)
Legless

Australia   
Mine is working fine. I’m licensed with the current update. Just used less than 24hrs ago.
Legless
Era's 1 to 111,C track,k track
Offline rrf  
#7 Posted : 23 May 2019 13:26:32(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Originally Posted by: Legless Go to Quoted Post
Mine is working fine. I’m licensed with the current update. Just used less than 24hrs ago.

Hello,

I'm currently running Windows 10 on a 64 bit machine. Previously I had Win 7 also on a 64 bit machine. I've been using SCARM for many years without any problem.

Regards,
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
Offline Legless  
#8 Posted : 24 May 2019 05:28:33(UTC)
Legless

Australia   
I’m still running windows 7.
Legless
Era's 1 to 111,C track,k track
Offline morsing  
#9 Posted : 24 May 2019 15:15:44(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   

This is the problem:

http://www.scarm.info/bl...computer-configurations/

Just tried moving the window to my other monitor and it works again.

I had only moved Scarm to my smaller monitor as I was done doing the layout and had RocRail on my bigger monitor to add the layout there.

Problem sort of solved.

I am a bit mystified about peoples' reactions to using Scarm though. All I have heard for years is "Use Scarm" and when I say I use Scarm everyone says "Don't use Scarm". Can you make up your mind?

Thanks.
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline PMPeter  
#10 Posted : 24 May 2019 16:14:40(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I used SCARM for years while it was in the Beta mode and the developer was a member of this forum. What soured some of us against SCARM was when he made SCARM a retail product, albeit for a reasonable fee, he had placed a time bomb in the previous Beta versions that disabled the ability to edit existing designs. His reaction to members complaining about the ethics behind this time bomb was in my opinion uncalled for and his reaction soured even more people. So with this history and the fact that it became a retail product left people to see what else was on the market.

I cannot comment about the current state of SCARM, since my design was 99% complete at the time of his time bomb so there was no real need to pay a fee to continue.

Peter