Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline petestra  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2018 00:17:29(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hello. I've got my S88 Link & S88 AC decoder all working fine. My question to you is how do I include this event pictured

so that it is triggered as an event when the Lok slider reaches the circuit track (1st icon in event). Thanks, Peter. Cool

UserPostedImage

Offline MaerklinLife  
#2 Posted : 23 October 2018 00:36:17(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Drag K1 to the "Manual Mode" (the hand) placeholder instead of being the first in the list of tasks for the event.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline petestra  
#3 Posted : 23 October 2018 15:19:33(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
Drag K1 to the "Manual Mode" (the hand) placeholder instead of being the first in the list of tasks for the event.

That did it! Thanks so much for your help, MaerklinLife. Much appreciated. Peter. BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Offline Johnvr  
#4 Posted : 23 October 2018 16:28:52(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Peter,

You are really moving up in the world of automation.
CS3, Link88, Event management, that is an impressive list !

Now we know that you liked your Circuit Tracks for changing signals, so the basis of your interest was always there.

You will soon find out that in addition to the Accessory Switches like Signals and Turnouts as you have imagined, Locomotive Sounds, Speed, Lights, etc can all be programmed into an Event triggered by a Circuit Track, including also Time Delay for realistic impressions. I hope you discover some very interesting Events and let us all know how it goes.

RegardsBigGrin
John
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Johnvr
Offline petestra  
#5 Posted : 23 October 2018 18:12:45(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post
Peter,

You are really moving up in the world of automation.
CS3, Link88, Event management, that is an impressive list !

Now we know that you liked your Circuit Tracks for changing signals, so the basis of your interest was always there.

You will soon find out that in addition to the Accessory Switches like Signals and Turnouts as you have imagined, Locomotive Sounds, Speed, Lights, etc can all be programmed into an Event triggered by a Circuit Track, including also Time Delay for realistic impressions. I hope you discover some very interesting Events and let us all know how it goes.

RegardsBigGrin
John

Thank you, John. You see, an old dog can be taught some new tricks! Yes, it was not easy and a struggle at times but definitely worth it. Yes, I'll be

playing around with the CS3 more for sure in the coming months. Hope all is well for you and yours, John. Cheers, Peter. Cool BigGrin
Offline amfisher102  
#6 Posted : 18 December 2018 18:09:25(UTC)
amfisher102

United States   
EVENT PROGRAMMING WITH THE CS3

1) When “editing” the events, even the previously programmed events..( months ago) and still functional events, I can click on the “position” icon and the pix below appears on each and every one of the events! ( can't seem to load the pic)---the pic shows that when clicking the "position" icon loco ( entry vs exit trigger), the box shows "Control": NO TRIGGER and the next block below: NO CONTROL CONTACT....

2) When attempting to add new events the same screen shot occurs…..there are NO OPTIONS ! …for positioning of the loco on the contact track.

I rechecked the updates again this am. The only thing I did differently since the last time I added an event ( months ago) was to recently program in 2 X M 84’s to add light control for the Kirche Platz….and that entire—isolated-- section of track and the lights are powered by a separate booster and power pack….

And to confound the issue, when I attempted to program the new event for block signaling….the event functioned fine with the “entry” loco icon already placed in the “manual” box by “drag and drop” method from the Track diagram. ….the signals responded as programmed. BUT…when attempting to add another CT with an “exit” trigger, the icon dragged from the Track Diagram would now respond but only show the lack of options below.

Until I resolve this dilemma I am at a total standstill.

Have you seen this before?
Offline RonBisplinghoff  
#7 Posted : 12 April 2019 20:02:15(UTC)
RonBisplinghoff

United States   
Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue!! Did you ever receive a reply on this phenomena?
Ron
Offline amfisher102  
#8 Posted : 13 April 2019 00:22:18(UTC)
amfisher102

United States   
Originally Posted by: RonBisplinghoff Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue!! Did you ever receive a reply on this phenomena?
Ron

Marklin recently changed their format for the Contact Track Event programing. BTW, this info is now covered by Curtis Jeung in the latest Digital Newsletter.

In sum....1) Drag and drop the Contact Track icon from the TDCB onto the block at the left of the event script...where the word "manual" is located. 2) Click on that loco icon which now appears. ...this will then show the details for further programming which have now changed. There will be too ovoid CT icons to the right side of the "detail".....one will be in YELLOW and the other will be in GREY.... If you click on the Yellow one, you will note that the icon in the event script will be the "arrival" loco. If you click on the "grey" CT icon, then the loco in the event script will be the "departure" loco icon....

Marklin didn't do us any favors by not announcing that kind of change. It caused a "little bit of indigestion" !!! ;-0

Hope that helps...if now PM me ....alan
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by amfisher102