Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline White Buffalo  
#1 Posted : 20 March 2019 20:33:18(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Can anyone help me find the manual for a Märklin Streamlined Dampflok? I have been searching online without any luck. Trying to figure out a way to install a smoke unit in this model. She does not seem to have any of the connections to do this.

Thank you in advance!

3089 Dampflok

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by White Buffalo
Offline ktsolias  
#2 Posted : 20 March 2019 22:18:17(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Hi

The 03.10 is ready for the Marklin 7226 or Sauthe No 10 smoke generator

Here is the plan of the loco

3089_explo.pdf (166kb) downloaded 312 time(s).

Insert the generator from above, you don't even need to open the loco

Costas
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 20 March 2019 23:11:53(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello, dont know if there are any other versions, but mine has the hole to insert the smoke unit, but no contacts inside. Anyway, just mounted a Seuthe 12 IIRC when converting it and no problems.
Regards

Must add that checking the manual of a 3094 there is no mention of smoke units possibility.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline Markus Schild  
#4 Posted : 20 March 2019 23:27:54(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi,

Earlier 3089 aren't prepared for a smoke-unit when they came from the factory. To install a smoke - generator the FEDERPLATTE (spring-plate) (No. 34 on the sketch) must be replaced with the part 231060. That's a combined type with two springs for the bulb and for the smoke - generator. Then a smoke-generator can be installed. Sometimes it is also needed to remove some paint inside the funnel.

Regards

Markus
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline White Buffalo  
#5 Posted : 21 March 2019 02:32:30(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Vielen Danke allen, Thank you very much everyone,

After reading all your posts it verified which version I have (version 6, Koll's Katalog) and that the only version that seemed to be prepared for a smoke unit from the factory was version 10 if that is what Costas meant by 03.10). I thought it was odd that the shell looked like it was prepared for a smoke unit but on the frame there was no spring plate for the smoke unit to make the correct electrical contact. Thank you for verifying this, thank you for the parts diagram and thank you for posting the parts needed to make the upgrade.

Frohe Fahrt!

3089_2

Edited by user 21 March 2019 12:19:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by White Buffalo
Offline ktsolias  
#6 Posted : 21 March 2019 08:42:01(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Hi

Sorry for the bad info but mine is the version with the contact plate......

Costas
Offline White Buffalo  
#7 Posted : 21 March 2019 12:18:19(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
No worries at all Costas and your info was not bad. There are many different versions of this 3089 locomotive. I just have an earlier one and you have a later one......BigGrin
Offline petestra  
#8 Posted : 27 March 2019 12:36:51(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hello. I just saw this thread. I have the 3094 for many, many years now and back in the 70s I bought an additional smoke unit for this Lok and

installed it myself. It was quite easy and worked just fine. I switched over to digital in 2013, yes quite late, and had Scott from Helmuts Hobbies

reinstall it digitally. Peter. Cool

UserPostedImage

Offline White Buffalo  
#9 Posted : 27 March 2019 17:18:59(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Thank you Peter. Scott at Helmuts hobbies doe great work. I have used him quite a few times the last 2 years. He did a wonderful job with the ESU Decoder and apple iphone speaker upgrades.

https://youtu.be/PApWAtrfWk8

Offline petestra  
#10 Posted : 27 March 2019 19:35:32(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: White Buffalo Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Peter. Scott at Helmuts hobbies doe great work. I have used him quite a few times the last 2 years. He did a wonderful job with the ESU Decoder and apple iphone speaker upgrades.

https://youtu.be/PApWAtrfWk8

Yes, he does great work! I've used him since 1990. Cheers, Peter. BigGrin
Offline skeeterbuck  
#11 Posted : 13 May 2021 14:54:20(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
OK, I know this thread is old but I just discovered some info that might be interesting.

In the original discussion about installing a smoke unit in the Märklin 3089 (BR3 streamlined loco in red) it was determined that this model only came in the last year of production with the smoke unit contact already installed from the factory. Recently I bought a Märklin 3094 (Same loco only in black) and the version I have is the first one according to Koll's as indicated by only having the eagle logo on the front of the engine. It was later added to the tender sides. Also, it can with a box dated 6-69. Anyway, when I received my loco, I disassembled the loco with the intention of adding a smoke unit. To my surprise, the engine already had the correct part installed. Everything looked factory original and there was no signs of any smoke unit having ever been installed. There was still black paint inside the smokestack and I had to slightly ream it out to even get a Seuthe unit to fit because it was too small.

My conclusion from this is that either of these engines could have the smoke contact factory installed. It may be more common to the later variants.

Chuck