Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline clapcott  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2019 03:10:36(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
From Change log
Program enhancements
Events: Introduce macros to execute events.
The events have been extended to include macro functions. AND, OR, IF, LOOP, BRAKE and RANDOM
Events: Extension of a locomotive display function in the track diagram.
For the elements of an event, you can specify in the action whether the article should be displayed or the tracked image should be displayed in the controlled locomotive. This can be a position indicator of a locomotive realize.
Events: Resume operation after a reboot.
When the vehicle is stopped, the system is shut down in a controlled manner and the status of the events is saved. When the CS3 is switched on, the status is restored and the driving continues.

Re : For the elements of an event, you can specify in the action whether the article should be displayed or the tracked image should be displayed in the controlled locomotive. This can be a position indicator of a locomotive realize.

(so far) it appears to only be the "text" of the Loco

UserPostedImage

Notes/Gotchas so far
- 1) This is primarily cosmetic and requires other programming to actually mean something. NICE TOUCH + OPPORTUNITY
- - happy to hear if someone has worked out how to retrieve the loco associated with a location
- 2) if the loco is moved to a different location it does auto-clear the old location NICE
- 3) an attempt to load the occupied location with a different image will not work if there is a Loco already there. NICE
- 4) to clear a location a locomotive must be loaded as a target, however, it does not have to be the one that is at that location.
- 5) the Loco display (text) does not make it to the Web console OPPORTUNITY
- 6) once set , it can only be reset by an event
- - expect to have a manual clear - still looking
- 7) Layout screen (including Web console) does not switch device MAJOR BUG- OK from keyboard

To Marklin.
- please sort out the layout screen hangs caused when working in this area
- please sort out your icons (consistency and clarity has been let down)
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 15 February 2019 09:18:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline MaerklinLife  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2019 05:28:23(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I am curious: Do you send all your findings to Märklin? I think (some of them) are relevant information when improving on the product.
Offline Joan Ferrer  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2019 21:57:32(UTC)
Joan Ferrer

Spain   
Reconocimiento de locomotora.pdf (768kb) downloaded 118 time(s).Here you have a file where you can see how to create an event for the recognition of locomotives by contact section in the plane of the CS3 circuit
Greetings from Joan Ferrer
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Joan Ferrer
Offline Joan Ferrer  
#4 Posted : 27 February 2019 17:36:37(UTC)
Joan Ferrer

Spain   
Reconocimiento de locomotora ampliado.pdf (1,157kb) downloaded 90 time(s).I have extended the locomotive recognition so that when a locomotive is in a dead way, the recognition display is activated until another event makes it come out and erases the display, I think it can be very effective in a station in the shade.
Greetings from Joan Ferrer
Offline John Ferguson  
#5 Posted : 11 March 2019 17:30:30(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
From Change log
Program enhancements
Events: Introduce macros to execute events.
The events have been extended to include macro functions. AND, OR, IF, LOOP, BRAKE and RANDOM
Events: Extension of a locomotive display function in the track diagram.
For the elements of an event, you can specify in the action whether the article should be displayed or the tracked image should be displayed in the controlled locomotive. This can be a position indicator of a locomotive realize.
Events: Resume operation after a reboot.
When the vehicle is stopped, the system is shut down in a controlled manner and the status of the events is saved. When the CS3 is switched on, the status is restored and the driving continues.

Re : For the elements of an event, you can specify in the action whether the article should be displayed or the tracked image should be displayed in the controlled locomotive. This can be a position indicator of a locomotive realize.

(so far) it appears to only be the "text" of the Loco

UserPostedImage

Notes/Gotchas so far
- 1) This is primarily cosmetic and requires other programming to actually mean something. NICE TOUCH + OPPORTUNITY
- - happy to hear if someone has worked out how to retrieve the loco associated with a location
- 2) if the loco is moved to a different location it does auto-clear the old location NICE
- 3) an attempt to load the occupied location with a different image will not work if there is a Loco already there. NICE
- 4) to clear a location a locomotive must be loaded as a target, however, it does not have to be the one that is at that location.
- 5) the Loco display (text) does not make it to the Web console OPPORTUNITY
- 6) once set , it can only be reset by an event
- - expect to have a manual clear - still looking
- 7) Layout screen (including Web console) does not switch device MAJOR BUG- OK from keyboard

To Marklin.
- please sort out the layout screen hangs caused when working in this area
- please sort out your icons (consistency and clarity has been let down)
UserPostedImage

I have tested the name of the loco on the track plan. It works very well. However I am puzzled that your track plan does not show the names of the track sensors. Can you explain please ?

John
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2019 22:40:41(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
.... However I am puzzled that your track plan does not show the names of the track sensors. Can you explain please ?

?? explain what exactly ?? That I generally prefer an uncluttered layout diagram !

OK... I see it might have been helpful/informative to turn on the labels for reference but I forgot. Sorry
Peter
Offline John Ferguson  
#7 Posted : 12 March 2019 11:21:43(UTC)
John Ferguson

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
.... However I am puzzled that your track plan does not show the names of the track sensors. Can you explain please ?

?? explain what exactly ?? That I generally prefer an uncluttered layout diagram !

OK... I see it might have been helpful/informative to turn on the labels for reference but I forgot. Sorry

You are saying you can turn off and on the labels for the track sensors. Can you explain how you do this please?

John
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 15 March 2019 02:05:02(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Ummm

I knew the CS3 UI was bad but this risks being pathetic.

As it happens I had earlier filtered something and the net result was that the lables were suppressed.

Having a further play it appears that
- Unchecking "All" has no effect by itself if all the sub-areas are unchecked
- checking any of the sub-areas other than "label" does nothing other than suppress the labels
(i.e. it does not filter out the other "unchecked" sub-areas! )

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Peter