Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2019 17:11:55(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello to all WDP users.

Now it would be a question of Märklin CS3Plus and its latest software version Using Win-digipet software in PC.

I've tried all the ways to get Märklin 60883 devices work with WDP version 2015 .2c. Not successful in any configuration. The only way to make the contact work is to place the S88 on the connector on the bottom of the CS3Plus, then I can see through WDP that contacts are working.( of course this type of connection don't use L88 at all)

With WDP it is quite complicated to configure L88 contacts there are many different possibilities available in WDP but no one start to work properly.
Does anyone know where the mistake could be? Perhaps it is the latest firmware od CS3Plus firmwareBlushing Blushing

More information: The CS3Plus firmware is latest released, 1.4. I used the 60883 two years ago and it worked then with CS2 and WDP2015 as informed from WDP-Forum.
I have all kind of S88 devices and none of them will work with WDP and L88.
I hope someone who have CS3Plus and WDP in use could help.

Regards

Jukka
Offline Minok  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2019 20:08:57(UTC)
Minok

United States   
To clarify, YOU had the L88 working with a CS2 and WDP 2015.2c in the past, or just read on a forum that it "should work/does work for others"?
I'm trying to figure out is this something that was working for you in the CS2 and now that you have a CS3+ it doesn't work anymore (a CS3 config/firmware issue), or
If this L88+CS+WDP never worked for you at all (an L88/WDP issue).
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline siroljuk  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2019 21:33:32(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
To clarify, YOU had the L88 working with a CS2 and WDP 2015.2c in the past

I had two years ago CS2 which work with WDP 2015.1 very well using L88.
Now I have WDP 2015.c2 nd CS3Plus and I couldn't use L88 at all with any kindof WDP-configuration. I did try all possible configuration options there are many of them and no one start to work with L88.
Then I connected my contact-devices ( 5 of them)to the socket under the CS3Plus body ( RJ45 cable from Märklin) and it started to work normally.

Jukka
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2019 22:04:55(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Let me qualify this with: I don't have a CS2 or CS3 nor do I have WinDigipet but... here is one possibility I'm thinking could be the issue:

With the L88 plugged into the CS3+, that Central Station effectively has two S88 "hubs" if you will, the L88 you connected to the CAN bus, and the CS3+'s built in S88 bus....
I'm wondering if WDP is not configured correctly (or doesn't work right in this situtation) to know about the L88, when it sees the built in CS3+'s S88 bus... does it then stop looking for the other S88 busses ?
Is there a place in WDP to configure that?

In the CS3+, can you get the L88 working well - that is, that the CS3+ can see both its internal S88, and the L88 and work correctly with them both? It could also be an issue (just from a software design perspective) in how the CS3+ presents its connected hardware to WDP via the interface used by computer software to talk to the hardware via the CS.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Online xxup  
#5 Posted : 12 March 2019 22:53:44(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
This is one of the many reasons why I use the LDT HSi-88 ( see https://www.ldt-infocent...d=en:ab_hsi_88_usb&s[]=hsi-88) with WDP.
1. Direct connection between s88s and the computer (via USB now)
2. Numbering is predicable and documented within WDP.
3. Removes the s88 processing overhead from the controller to the much faster PC.
4. Parallel processing of the three strands of s88s
5. You can change controller (I have been through Intellibox -> eCos -> ecos2) without changing any of the s88 settings.

If you look at this -> https://www.ldt-infocent...i/doku.php?id=en:cs3plus_info you can see that a L88 can be used with a CS3Plus, but the real complications come with numbering the modules in WDP.. The problem is how the CS3Plus sees the L88 coming out of the CS3Plus.. You really need to post this question on the WDP forum.

You don't need a L88 with a CS3Plus. Unless you have lots of s88s you can just connect them in series from the current s88 outlet on the CS3Plus. This will make the addressing in WDP very simple. Not as efficient as using a L88 or HSI-88, but it will work.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline siroljuk  
#6 Posted : 13 March 2019 10:15:31(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
You don't need a L88 with a CS3Plus.Unless you have lots of s88s

Thank You Adrian and other answers.
It is really so that L88 don't work with WDP and S88 under the CS3Plus works fine.
I rote also to WDP-forum my questions and I am waiting for answers there.

I used WDP few years ago and why I am active now is that new version of WDP is available and perhaps I will update my current version to that.
WDP have some interesting feature which I want lo test and perhaps use after testing.

The problem is that WDP 2018 do not have English version of manual yet and Dr. Peterin promised me that it will be in near future.

I have worked with WDP 2015.2c and L88 now two days and tested all possible configurations and addresses what I have found from internet. None of these alternatives didn't work.

Now I have working combination connected to my layout and I'm starting to remember how WDP worksBigGrin BigGrin

Maybe I'm crazy when proceeding with such challengesBlushing Blushing , but somehow I am satisfied after find solutions after crazy workLOL LOL

Jukka
Offline klarinettmeister  
#7 Posted : 13 March 2019 12:03:40(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Do you use a L88 without any S88 decoders connected? Then set the switch on 5V. Only use 12V when there are newer S88 decoders connected to the L88.

It took me 2 days to figure out.
Online xxup  
#8 Posted : 13 March 2019 12:26:26(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yep.. I am running 2018, but without the English manual I have no idea about the new features.. On the other hand the layout works well.. I understand that the manual is further delayed - one member suggested that all we need are the chapters that refer to the new functionality.. Coming from 2015 and every version since version 8, I tend to agree with that request..

The WDP forum is pretty good.. If you have some idea of what you would like to do with the new version, just ask the question..

I plan to update the eCos 2 to the CS3Plus later this year - this won't help you as I will continue to use my HSi-88, which I upgraded from the old serial version to the USB version last month..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com