Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline johnmarklin  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2019 18:32:12(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Good evening fellow Marklin friends.

I bought a new Marklin 37207 at Eurospoor 2018 and only got around to trying it today. All sounds work without any problem but when I try to drive the locomotive it drives for about 3 cm in either direction stalls and then emits a buzzing sound. This suggests to me that the gearbox must be jamming. Has any one experienced this with this Vossloh type locomotive.

Unfortunately for me I bought this at a stall that gave no receipts and therefore I have no contact details. I decided to seek your help before dismantling the loco. I iagine sure Marklin would not honour the guarantee without a receipt.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

John

Offline mrmarklin  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2019 22:35:37(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: johnmarklin Go to Quoted Post
Good evening fellow Marklin friends.

I bought a new Marklin 37207 at Eurospoor 2018 and only got around to trying it today. All sounds work without any problem but when I try to drive the locomotive it drives for about 3 cm in either direction stalls and then emits a buzzing sound. This suggests to me that the gearbox must be jamming. Has any one experienced this with this Vossloh type locomotive.

Unfortunately for me I bought this at a stall that gave no receipts and therefore I have no contact details. I decided to seek your help before dismantling the loco. I iagine sure Marklin would not honour the guarantee without a receipt.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

John

Without looking at it, it's likely the Cardan shafts are jamming. Open it up. It is maybe an easy fix.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline johnmarklin  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2019 17:53:59(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
mrmarklin,

Thank you for your suggestion. I dismantled one of the bogies and found that the movement was sticking probably because of being on the shelf for too long. All is fine now.
Offline Elsleuth1  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2019 18:01:31(UTC)
Elsleuth1

United States   
The same thing happened to me and it turned out there was a wire touching the shaft.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Elsleuth1