Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2019 11:03:28(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello!

I hope someone can give me more information about these special trigges:

CS3_Triggers.JPG

They are meant to use in events which include conditional maneuvers, but how to use them. I have tried all kinds of maneuvers but I haven't got proper idea for what kind of usages they are meant.

In latest Märklin Digital Club Newsletter was article written by Curtis Jeung and that article was about conditional events. But no information about these special triggers.

I have made several,also quite complicated, conditional events and they are working ok, but I think that these special trigger would help in some cases.

I assume that CS3System-Start will affect when the whole device is starting after power-up.

CS3-Go might, in at least some cases, be that "go on"

Evens-Go is totally mysterious to me.

I hope someone might know moreBlushing Blushing

Regards

Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2019 15:42:29(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
Few days ago I received very good Workbook of CS3, (Das grosse CS3 Workbook). It is a PDF-file on the DVD-rom made by Author Lothar Seel. It is written in German language and the file is protected so that it cannot be opened for editing, so translating it is really a job.

But it is worth of buying though.( only 19,95€)

I found answer to my own question: ( this is my own translation )

CS3_Triggers.JPG

In the "Trigger" button there is a choice between four different elements: To The trigger elements include "System Start", "CS3-Go" and "Events-Go". With the triggers a start condition can be set to set a specific initial state (restarting the system, activating the power supply, switching on the automation). The fourth element "No trigger" is used if no trigger is to be used.

This PDF-file contains very good information which cannot be found anywhere else ( at least I have not found) it is over 700 pages.

I think that those members of this Forum who can read German language ( and understand what is readingLaugh Laugh )and use CS3 or CS3Plus are worth buying this DVD.

Regards

Jukka

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2019 16:44:48(UTC)
MaerklinLife

PDF, but not available as download, only on CD-ROM?

https://shop.vgbahn.info...cs3+workbook+-_4681.html

The 90'es called! They want their outdated distribution method back.

Potential sales dropped on the floor. In 2019 it should be possible to simply buy the thing as an eBook. Most computers don't even have a CD-ROM drive and most people do not want to go through the trouble of buying a USB CD-ROM drive for reading a book.

I am sure the book is fine though. Sadly, I will never know...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2019 23:46:39(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
PDF, but not available as download, only on CD-ROM?

https://shop.vgbahn.info...cs3+workbook+-_4681.html

The 90'es called! They want their outdated distribution method back.

Potential sales dropped on the floor. In 2019 it should be possible to simply buy the thing as an eBook. Most computers don't even have a CD-ROM drive and most people do not want to go through the trouble of buying a USB CD-ROM drive for reading a book.

I am sure the book is fine though. Sadly, I will never know...

Why will you never know? You must not be sad, learn German or get the book translated.Laugh Flapper

Also I do not see an urgent need to publish it as an e-book. Plenty of people even get in trouble with a regular computer and PDF-files. Them can only be recommended useing the CD with its search system. I just use the PDF-file on my computer with a PDF-viewer. It is possible to copy it to a hard disk. But sometimes not very convenient, especially doing cross references. Then I go back to my convertible or second notebook with an USB CD drive or USB stick with the search system installed. Even the license agreement allows you making a copy for private use. And it makes the handling of over 700 pages easier.
Offline MaerklinLife  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2019 07:54:57(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Why will you never know? You must not be sad, learn German or get the book translated.Laugh Flapper

Warum nimmst du an dass ich nicht Deutsch verstehe? Ich verstehe, lese und spreche Deutsch; eigentlich ganz gut. ;)

I will never know, because the book store decided to use outdated medias as their way of distribution. I will not support that. Make it available as a downloadable PDF and I'm all in.

I just use the PDF-file on my computer with a PDF-viewer. It is possible to copy it to a hard disk. But sometimes not very convenient, especially doing cross references. Then I go back to my convertible or second notebook with an USB CD drive or USB stick with the search system installed. Even the license agreement allows you making a copy for private use. And it makes the handling of over 700 pages easier.

That is a lot of tech for reading a simple PDF-file. All I wanted was to simply be able to download the PDF from the online store and view it on my tablet.
Offline siroljuk  
#6 Posted : 10 February 2019 09:20:05(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.BigGrin

At the beginning of the text there is some lines about "Right of use":

You are allowed to copy the whole text to your hard-disk
Without authors and publisher's permit You cannot use this text and photos putting them in to Internet or making even partly any kind of document for public use.

Of course you can use text for your own purposes "for your own railway-work"
You are also permitted to make printing of the text for your own usage.

It seems to be strictly forbidden to make any kind of copies to mobile devices.

BUT . . the whole text is protected using some kind of password, you cannot open it for editing( this means that you cannot make copy/paste operation to text and use internet translators.)Cursing Cursing

Remember that hacking in this case is probably a degree of crimeWoot

Anyway I will read the whole text and it mean that I am going to learn and try all new things that I can find.
Of course if you ask something considering especially routes(event, triggers etc.)I gladly try to help you. In the book there certainly is information which cannot be found at the moment anywhere else.

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 10 February 2019 11:06:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post

BUT . . the whole text is protected using some kind of password, you cannot open it for editing( this means that you cannot make copy/paste operation to text and use internet translators.)Cursing Cursing

This is a standard feature of PDF files, the option to protect it from modification.

But a quick search of the internet solves that problem ...

Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 10 February 2019 23:12:33(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post

Warum nimmst du an dass ich nicht Deutsch verstehe? Ich verstehe, lese und spreche Deutsch; eigentlich ganz gut. ;)

I will never know, because the book store decided to use outdated medias as their way of distribution. I will not support that. Make it available as a downloadable PDF and I'm all in.

I just use the PDF-file on my computer with a PDF-viewer. It is possible to copy it to a hard disk. But sometimes not very convenient, especially doing cross references. Then I go back to my convertible or second notebook with an USB CD drive or USB stick with the search system installed. Even the license agreement allows you making a copy for private use. And it makes the handling of over 700 pages easier.

That is a lot of tech for reading a simple PDF-file. All I wanted was to simply be able to download the PDF from the online store and view it on my tablet.

Excellent. Sorry, did not know you are speaking German. But then buy the CD. Because the major file is a regular PDF-file with a size of 33.274 KB, which you may handle as any other PDF-file. But with the limitations @siroljuk mentioned in post #6. For a single user not a real problem. You may order directly at VGB by your link (as I did). Only shipping cost to the USA will be 10 € instead of the 4 €, I had to pay.