Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 04 February 2019 22:10:28(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
This one has come up in my searches this morning....

https://www.ebay.de/itm/362548871027?ul_noapp=true

... very rare to see one of these offered and this appears to be one I have not previously documented but I'll check in more detail in the next few days.

5,600 Euro!!

Markus, do you know of this one?

Interesting there is the "Nr 34" pencil-written underneath - this is not on mine

Not sure what's going on with the 'egg-beater' on top, it's an interesting example, but with a few missing items such as the rotating banner foil, the info sign at the front and the smaller Marklin signs on the wheel itself but it's largely complete.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Edited by user 05 February 2019 05:55:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 05 February 2019 09:19:57(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi Steven,

No, i didn't knew this one. I have also never seen such a number on a wheel. These models were built by apprentices. This would match the "young" style of the hand-writing. It looks more as written by a pupil than by a senior.

The price asked is very, very far from truth. The transformers don't belong to the model.

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 05 February 2019 17:00:55(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
There is always the possibility that this is someones copy of a Marklin one.

Offline Markus Schild  
#4 Posted : 05 February 2019 17:11:03(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

No, that is not possible. There are a number of parts which were only used in this model and never sold separately to customers. For example the lamp - box on the top uses parts from a 0-gauge turntable. But not from a complete one. The parts are from an early production stage. Other parts are the bearings for the wheel and the gears used around there. Every reproduction is easy to identify.

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline cookee_nz  
#5 Posted : 06 February 2019 00:53:50(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

No, that is not possible. There are a number of parts which were only used in this model and never sold separately to customers. For example the lamp - box on the top uses parts from a 0-gauge turntable. But not from a complete one. The parts are from an early production stage. Other parts are the bearings for the wheel and the gears used around there. Every reproduction is easy to identify.

Regards

Markus

I have a friend here who has seen my wheel and has started building a replica out of Meccano. He knows he has a long road ahead and some custom parts to work around but his progress is interesting.

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline cookee_nz  
#6 Posted : 06 February 2019 00:56:53(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steven,

No, i didn't knew this one. I have also never seen such a number on a wheel. These models were built by apprentices. This would match the "young" style of the hand-writing. It looks more as written by a pupil than by a senior.

The price asked is very, very far from truth. The transformers don't belong to the model.

Regards

Markus

Only a couple have been recorded as sold for anything near the asking price but it will be interesting to see if there is any interest?
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Tom Jessop  
#7 Posted : 06 February 2019 22:15:08(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

This came up on another website, maybe of interest .

https://www.facebook.com...aQqYQVi_s_XX53&ifg=1

Cheers Tom in Oz.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline cookee_nz  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2019 21:29:37(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Slowly they are coming out of the wood/metall-work

Here's another example listed overnight, in very tidy condition, (with some restoration - lamps, banner) and with (original?) shipping crate.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/254126700862 - Euro 5,950 Buy it now (I see the earlier one has reduced to 4,500 on relisting)

Couple of observations...

Not sure why the reference to "800 700 Spur 0 Spur 1 CCS LMS" in the title, presumably to capture the interest of older collectors.

And in the description it notes the item was shipped from Märklin to Bonn in 1994 (unless I've read something wrong)?

Maybe it was sent to M. for servicing - wonder what their service department would do upon receiving such an item? These days they would most likely refer any requests to Ritter but back in the 90's (when the Company was much stronger and M-MBK still in production) perhaps they would have tackled it?

So this brings my list up to 22 examples, I do not appear to have noted this one in my previous research.

Wonderful

Markus, what are your thoughts on this latest one?

s-l1600.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline kweekalot  
#9 Posted : 17 February 2019 12:42:12(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
And in the description it notes the item was shipped from Märklin to Bonn in 1994 (unless I've read something wrong)?

Hi Steve, yes that is what the text says, and also that he bought the wheel in the unopend wooden case.

Perhaps in 1994 the wheel was found in the Marklin warehouse, and sold as old stock in 1994 ?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline cookee_nz  
#10 Posted : 17 February 2019 22:27:48(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

Hi Steve, yes that is what the text says, and also that he bought the wheel in the unopened wooden case.

Perhaps in 1994 the wheel was found in the Marklin warehouse, and sold as old stock in 1994 ?

Hi Marco.

In that event, I would have expected the seller to maybe also have an invoice / receipt for it, and that it just 'might' have come with some original documentation. Drool

It's possible perhaps it was once in their Musuem but nothing I've read from any of my sources so far indicates this. Even the one that is sometimes displayed at exhibits in the large orange (coin-operated?) case is privately owned as far as I can tell.

At this stage I believe Markus Schild and Frank Ronneburg have both told me about as much as there is to know on these items.

The last hope would be to engage the efforts of the Märklin Musuem Archivist who knows their way around the old documents to find whatever remains but I expect this avenue has been explored already.

Long-shot I know but a friendly query from a friendly dutch-man might extract a little more information from the seller? ThumpUp

BigGrin
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz