Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2019 08:56:12(UTC)
Goofy

I see Märklin did present new radio cab Control with Massoth system.
But shouldn´t Märklin have done with the MS2 instead and upgrade more functions and Icon symbols?
Steventrain did present a wishes for some time ago.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2019 22:41:53(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
But shouldn´t Märklin have done with the MS2 instead and upgrade more functions and Icon symbols?

Would you buy it?

K-G / H0 and Z model train user
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kgsjoqvist
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2019 23:20:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kgsjoqvist Go to Quoted Post

Would you buy it?

He has just got rid of his cs3, why would he expect a radio version of an ms2 to work with his highly reliable Lenz equipment?? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline MaerklinLife  
#4 Posted : 31 January 2019 05:56:56(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Why do you even care, Goofy? You always ask these types of questions and then you use the answers as a catalyst for something negative about Märklin.

But to answer your question:
The MS2 as it is today? No. I think it needs a complete overhaul with regards to usability. It would be best to leave it as the "cheap controller" for starter sets. Then rethink the whole thing.

The Massoth system (assuming Märklin did not change the features) can do much more than the MS2 (better display, train routes etc.). I have always felt that something was needed between the MS2 and the CS. This RC3 might just be that thing. Imagine if the RC3 could be connected to the MS2 track box and work that way around. This might be enough for some people.

I think there is something to work on here. Currently you need the CS3 (or 2 I assume) to connect the RC3. I think Märklin can do better than this, I think it should be possible to connect it to the track box as well.

Besides that I welcome that Märklin has choosen to work with someone to do their controllers. Massoth is a reliable partner that many people are happy with.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 31 January 2019 07:03:11(UTC)
Goofy

Would you buy it?

Who did said i buy it??
I did present a possible for Märklin by start produce a new radio cab control with the MS2.
Why not?

H0
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 31 January 2019 07:05:13(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post

Why do you even care, Goofy? You always ask these types of questions and then you use the answers as a catalyst for something negative about Märklin.

I did stand an friendly question so you don´t have to be negativ against me! Cursing

H0
Offline Purellum  
#7 Posted : 31 January 2019 09:12:54(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

........ you don´t have to be negativ against me! Cursing

What goes around comes around ThumpUp

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#8 Posted : 31 January 2019 21:02:57(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post

But to answer your question:
The MS2 as it is today? No. I think it needs a complete overhaul with regards to usability. It would be best to leave it as the "cheap controller" for starter sets. Then rethink the whole thing.

The Massoth system (assuming Märklin did not change the features) can do much more than the MS2 (better display, train routes etc.). I have always felt that something was needed between the MS2 and the CS. This RC3 might just be that thing. Imagine if the RC3 could be connected to the MS2 track box and work that way around. This might be enough for some people.

I think there is something to work on here. Currently you need the CS3 (or 2 I assume) to connect the RC3. I think Märklin can do better than this, I think it should be possible to connect it to the track box as well.

Besides that I welcome that Märklin has choosen to work with someone to do their controllers. Massoth is a reliable partner that many people are happy with.

I like the MS2 as an auxillary controller, but I wouldn`t pay 300€ or whatever the price would be if they made a wireless version. A good app for mobile devices would be cheaper and more useful. And on a small layout it is no problem to have a wired controller.
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline MaerklinLife  
#9 Posted : 31 January 2019 21:59:15(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Personally, I like to turn a knob when running trains. A smart phone solution is not for me.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Minok  
#10 Posted : 31 January 2019 22:02:46(UTC)
Minok

United States   

I like the MS2 as an auxillary controller, but I wouldn`t pay 300€ or whatever the price would be if they made a wireless version. A good app for mobile devices would be cheaper and more useful. And on a small layout it is no problem to have a wired controller.

Precisely.

If only they had a mobile app that let you use your phone/tablet as a mobile station... wait, they already do for something around $10 rounded off. (the app store doesn't show prices for an item once you have purchased it so I cannot look up what its price is).

The point of that wireless controller is for the outdoor railroad market, where people don't have WiFi networks set up; that is the target market of that device, not the indoor model railroad room.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134