Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kumarvartak  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2012 10:40:19(UTC)
kumarvartak

Sir,
I am from India and have Marklin Analog sets from the 1954 1965 period. I need leaflets in English for
instructions on maintaining these locomotives, that is routine service instructions, how to change bulbs and brushes, etc also instructions on connecting electro magnetic points, signals etc.
In India this information is not easily available.
Please help Confused
Thanks
Offline amartinezv  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2012 11:39:58(UTC)
amartinezv

Spain   
Hello

In this link

http://www.lctm.info/Biblioteca/Libros/index.htm

https://www.lctm.info/Secciones/...lioteca/Libros/index.php

you can download the "service manual" in english and "conexiones de los ferrocarriles" that is a multilingual leaflet

Best regards

Edited by moderator 05 April 2023 12:38:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Antonio Martínez
marklin, IB, era 3, Train controller
www.raildigital.es/davidruso
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by amartinezv
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2012 11:43:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You can find most of that stuff on the Marklin USA website, in their technical pages.

http://www.marklin.com/tech/

Under 'Service Manual' you will find a scan of a maintenance manual, and under 'Old Manuals' you will find a scan of the 5111/5202 leaflet/manual. Note also the 0340 Signal manual available from the http://www.marklin.com/tech webpage.

All items are in English or German/English.
Offline kumarvartak  
#4 Posted : 20 September 2012 15:14:06(UTC)
kumarvartak

Thanks for your prompt reply, I checked the sites suggested by you, The service manuals deal with digital locomotive the locomotives I have are all analog and more than 50 years old. They are all running OK, but I do want service them at regular intervals.
I could not locate any specific leaflets catalogs for the models I have which are , 3011, 3039 with overhead pantograph & 3021 and 3048.
I have the leaflets for my other locomotives like the TM 800 and the CM 800. They all run on 230 Volta AC current and the Marklin 280 Transformer.
If you have any information on the servicing and operating of the above locomotives, do let me know.
Thanks again.
Kumar, Pune India
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 20 September 2012 22:36:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The service manuals also deal with analog locos, which should be of help to you.

I do have a TM800 manual in scanned pdf format. I will see if I can find it for you.
Offline kumarvartak  
#6 Posted : 21 September 2012 05:41:51(UTC)
kumarvartak

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
The service manuals also deal with analog locos, which should be of help to you.

I do have a TM800 manual in scanned pdf format. I will see if I can find it for you.

Thanks please send it as soon as you locate it.

That's the one I need also similar literature that comes along with the original locomotives, the models I have are:

3021, 3039,3011, and 3048.

These locomotives are running OK now but It is good to have these leaflets as there are few Marklin enthusiasts in India .

Kumar Pune India

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 21 September 2012 06:13:05(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Don't forget that some specific manuals can be downloaded from www.maerklin.de/de/servi...?page=1&perpage=1500

For 3021 there is only the exploded parts diagram, no manual as yet.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 21 September 2012 11:52:02(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
TM800 manual attached.
File Attachment(s):
TM800_RM800_RSM800_Manual_secured.pdf (2,518kb) downloaded 1,701 time(s).
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kumarvartak  
#9 Posted : 22 September 2012 08:17:39(UTC)
kumarvartak

Thanks very much for your prompt reply,Received the TM 800 Instructions, that's what I was looking for. If you do get hold of similar instructions for the locomotives I have please mail them to me.
Regards,
Kumar
India
Offline drstapes  
#10 Posted : 22 September 2012 22:25:18(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
Kumar,
The service manual deals in detail with the servicing and part lists for old analogue engines. Also faults and how to fix them. Well worth downloading.
Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
Offline kumarvartak  
#11 Posted : 23 September 2012 17:50:47(UTC)
kumarvartak

Geoff.
Which service manual are you referring to is it the same as the sercive manuals at the Marklin Tech Resource center.Or best please give the link again.
Thank you
Kumar
India
Offline Yumgui  
#12 Posted : 23 September 2012 21:11:33(UTC)
Yumgui

United States   
Originally Posted by: kumarvartak Go to Quoted Post
... the models I have are:

3021, 3039, 3011 and 3048 exploded diagrams (not the manuals) attached ... hope it helps,

Enjoy ! ThumpUp
File Attachment(s):
3048_explo.pdf (1,082kb) downloaded 1,135 time(s).
3011_explo.pdf (565kb) downloaded 782 time(s).
3021_explo.pdf (138kb) downloaded 775 time(s).
3039_explo.pdf (73kb) downloaded 720 time(s).
If your M track is rusted ... DON'T throw it out !
Working on: https://studiogang.com/projects/all
My heavy train station renovation: https://youtu.be/QQlyNiq416A
Inspired by: http://www.nakedmarklin.com/... Am not alone in this universe, phew.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Yumgui
Offline drstapes  
#13 Posted : 23 September 2012 23:47:04(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
Yes the service manual on the American site.

http://www.marklin.com/tech/

The original book appears on ebay from time to time.

Already mentioned in Post #3 /BDNZ

Edited by moderator 11 September 2013 03:11:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by drstapes
Offline kumarvartak  
#14 Posted : 24 September 2012 08:28:43(UTC)
kumarvartak

Sir,
Thanks I have downloaded the same.
Kumar India
Offline kumarvartak  
#15 Posted : 24 September 2012 08:42:19(UTC)
kumarvartak

Originally Posted by: Yumgui Go to Quoted Post
... the models I have are:

3021, 3039, 3011 and 3048 exploded diagrams (not the manuals) attached ... hope it helps,

Enjoy ! ThumpUp

Thanks very much I need one more manual/Exploded view For Marklin Engine No: E 41024 It is with Pantograph and has eight wheels.. THis number is on the front of the engine.

The exploded views would be very useful .
Thank you
Kumar India
Offline Yumgui  
#16 Posted : 25 September 2012 21:56:58(UTC)
Yumgui

United States   
OK Kumar,

That would be the #3037 E-lok in green livery, close to my heart to the 3034 in blue (below) ... ^^

Don't mind the picture with 6 vent grills and 1 window ... should fit your 5 vent grills with no window loco, no problem ...

Here you go :

Yum ThumpUp
File Attachment(s):
3037_explo.pdf (107kb) downloaded 390 time(s).
Yumgui attached the following image(s):
IMG_4645_mod.jpg
If your M track is rusted ... DON'T throw it out !
Working on: https://studiogang.com/projects/all
My heavy train station renovation: https://youtu.be/QQlyNiq416A
Inspired by: http://www.nakedmarklin.com/... Am not alone in this universe, phew.
Offline kumarvartak  
#17 Posted : 26 September 2012 08:54:39(UTC)
kumarvartak

Thanks have downloaded the diagram and the photo.
Will bbe very useful.
Kumar India
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#18 Posted : 11 September 2013 03:06:40(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I have the 3039 and 3048 manuals already scanned, but just need to clean the files up (crop images, etc).

I think my 3122 starter set had the 3021 manual with it, I'll have to check that I still have it, and get it scanned.
Offline Markivitch  
#19 Posted : 28 September 2016 09:22:11(UTC)
Markivitch

United Kingdom   
Hi Kumarvartak,

I know it is a few years after your post, but I have a manual for the 3021 train if you still want one - I am just in the process of scanning my manuals since they are old and getting a bit fragile.
Offline TEEWolf  
#20 Posted : 28 September 2016 21:41:31(UTC)
TEEWolf

Sir,
I am from India and have Marklin Analog sets from the 1954 1965 period. I need leaflets in English for
instructions on maintaining these locomotives, that is routine service instructions, how to change bulbs and brushes, etc also instructions on connecting electro magnetic points, signals etc.
In India this information is not easily available.
Please help Confused
Thanks

A couple of days ago I just offered these booklets as PDF files to the community.

Please look here

Märklin Analogue information

Offline Markivitch  
#21 Posted : 28 September 2016 23:09:23(UTC)
Markivitch

United Kingdom   
Hi Teewolf,

I'm new to this forum and a little confused by your response. I was offering the original instruction manual for train 3021. When I followed the link on your post I didn't see this manual, only the generic service manual which is very different. Perhaps I have misunderstood though.
Offline TEEWolf  
#22 Posted : 29 September 2016 02:13:16(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Markivitch Go to Quoted Post
Hi Teewolf,

I'm new to this forum and a little confused by your response. I was offering the original instruction manual for train 3021. When I followed the link on your post I didn't see this manual, only the generic service manual which is very different. Perhaps I have misunderstood though.

Hi Markivitch,

well, I think you definitely misunderstood my post, because it was not an answer to your post, although it is located straight below your post. My post is a direct answer to post #1 from kumarvartak. That is the reason why I quoted his complete post first. He asked for general manuals. And they you will find among my link.

Because of the time differences between the single posts and the possibilities for an answer to a post, you have various possibilities for a post. Either you use “quick reply” really for just a quick generally answer within the complete thread or you use for answering a specific post the button in the bar above the post you want to write an answer for. You may use the button “reply with quote” for answering a post. This forum has really a good software to fulfil almost all necessities to answer a group, a single person or what else. But it needs some time to get used to it. I started in June for this community, but I am still not total familiar with all. Much more information you can get from the chapter “Site specific stuff “.

The link from martinezv post #2 is also very good, even it is in Spanish, but the books among this link are in English and also very general, but helpful.

Are you looking for the 3021-V200 manual?
Incidentally I do have this specific manual scanned and you find it here

3021 manual

regards

TEEWolf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Markivitch  
#23 Posted : 29 September 2016 09:08:57(UTC)
Markivitch

United Kingdom   
Yes, Sorry I realised this after posting although Kumar did request specific manuals further down in the list of posts.

You wouldn't have manuals for either 3000 (I have 1000.1 version) or 3005 since I am missing these ones?

Apologies,

Mark.
Offline TEEWolf  
#24 Posted : 29 September 2016 15:06:59(UTC)
TEEWolf

Yes, Sorry I realised this after posting although Kumar did request specific manuals further down in the list of posts.

You wouldn't have manuals for either 3000 (I have 1000.1 version) or 3005 since I am missing these ones?

Apologies,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

no problem. Unfortunately I do not have the 3000 BR 89, although I always wanted one. Maerklin has it still in its official program, but now with the art #30.000 and only with the fx decoder. So no mfx nor mfx+ is available. The fx decoder is the MM decoder and has very limited functions and is not bidirectional. So you have to program the loco manually into your controller board like a MS 2 or a CS 2. With an mfx this will be done automatically.

I only do have the 3002 – see here

3002 BR E 63 ebay

But for your information, have a look at ebay here (if you want to buy another one?)

3000 BR 89 ebay

And here you find the actual model at Maerklins homepage:

30000 BR 89 Maerklin

If you go to "order spare parts" on Maerklins page, the next page will be opened (unfortunately only in German). But you see two words in red colour.

The first is "Explosionszeichnung" - it means under this button you find the explosion drawing of the BR 89.

The second button is “Betriebsanleitung”. Under this button you find the actual manual for this article.

But a question to you as an Englishman: In German this loco is called a "Tenderlokomotive". Maerklin translated it into a "tank locomotive". But a tank for me is not running on tracks. It is a weapon, running on tank treads. And the loco I would translate as a tender locomotive. What is correct?

But here you find the explosion drawing of the old BR 89 with the art #3000
(note: this is the analogue model - no decoder inside)

explosion drawing BR 89 #3000 by Maerklin

Finally here you get all the information about the old BR 89 Maerklin art# 3000, including reports to rebuild them to a digital model, if you want to do it. And the various models are listed with their fleet number. So can define exactly, which model you got, even it is written in German unfortunately.

BR 89 Maerklin 3000 analogue model

But when you scroll down the page (almost to the end), there is a section “Unterlagen” (= documentation) you see the button “Download”. Beneath you find a copy of the old explosion drawing and manual of the old 3000. I think, that is what you are looking for.

Regards

Wolfgang

P.S.: Here is the link to the German Homepage "maerklin-sammler-infos.de"

Maerklin collectors info

Although the pages are in German, it might be of general interest, because these pages use a lot of numbers, technical informations, pictures and obtains a lot of links to PDF files with information about old locomotives and some reports for rebuilding a loco to a digital one and the spare part list for the needed parts for this conversion.
Offline RayF  
#25 Posted : 29 September 2016 16:20:45(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Quote:
But a question to you as an Englishman: In German this loco is called a "Tenderlokomotive". Maerklin translated it into a "tank locomotive". But a tank for me is not running on tracks. It is a weapon, running on tank treads. And the loco I would translate as a tender locomotive. What is correct?

Tank locomotive is correct for a loco that carries within itself its own coal and water. In English a tender locomotive is one with a separate tender towed by the locomotive.

A tank is a container for keeping water or other liquids. During the first world war the British delivered their new armoured vehicles in crates labelled "Tanks" to confuse any enemy observer into thinking they were transporting water tanks. The name stuck to mean a tracked armoured vehicle!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Markivitch  
#26 Posted : 29 September 2016 23:25:48(UTC)
Markivitch

United Kingdom   
Hi Teenwolf, thanks for all the information and links.
I managed to download the manual for the 3000 from the web site link you provided.
I have two 3000 tank engines so I have no plans for any more at the moment but I believe they were really quite common so you should be able to get one quite easily if you want one.
I like the look of your 3002 engine it is quite unusual with the electric overhead connector (at least from a British view point maybe these types were more common in Germany). I have only one electric locomotive, 3034 which I’ve always liked.
Ray is quite right about the reasons for it being called a tank engine.
Offline TEEWolf  
#27 Posted : 30 September 2016 01:45:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Tank locomotive is correct for a loco that carries within itself its own coal and water. In English a tender locomotive is one with a separate tender towed by the locomotive.

A tank for me in German is a container only for keeping water or other liquids. During the first world war the British delivered their new armoured vehicles in crates labelled "Tanks" to confuse any enemy observer into thinking they were transporting water tanks. The name stuck to mean a tracked armoured vehicle!

Thank you Ray for the explanation. Very interesting information to me. Because for me in German a tank is a container only for fluids, like fuel.

In German a tender is a built-on box to locos for solid matters, like a rucksack. A tender towed by a loco is in German a “Schlepptender” (word by word translation in English it's “haul tender”). Same words, different scope of use. Good that I asked.

Regards

Wolfgang
Offline TEEWolf  
#28 Posted : 30 September 2016 03:10:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hi Teenwolf, thanks for all the information and links.
I managed to download the manual for the 3000 from the web site link you provided.
I have two 3000 tank engines so I have no plans for any more at the moment but I believe they were really quite common so you should be able to get one quite easily if you want one.
I like the look of your 3002 engine it is quite unusual with the electric overhead connector (at least from a British view point maybe these types were more common in Germany). I have only one electric locomotive, 3034 which I’ve always liked.
Ray is quite right about the reasons for it being called a tank engine.

Hi Markivitch,

thanks for your friendliness, but my teenager time is already over 40 years ago.Wink My avatar name comes from TEE (Trans-Europ-Express ThumpUp – I am a fan of this train) and Wolf is the first half of my first name Wolfgang. So it ended up as TEEWolf.

Indeed the E 41 is another magnificent loco, I like it too. I do not have the 3034, but last year I bought the new model 39415 from Märklin with the mfx+ decoder and sound. So I can proof its nickname in Germany: Knallfrosch (jumping cracker)BigGrin.

The E 63 was originally bought 1935 by the “Deutsche Reichsbahn” (1920 – 1945). From 1945 to 1980 it was used by the “Deutsche Bundesbahn” till 1980. Only 8 locos were originally bought and 4 of them are still to see in various museums in Germany.

Regards

TEEWolf
Offline darticus  
#29 Posted : 11 September 2017 00:15:27(UTC)
darticus

I need a manual for the 81835 set. Is there a manual section for marklin? EMAIL ME. Thanks Ron
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#30 Posted : 11 September 2017 04:07:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: darticus Go to Quoted Post
Is there a manual section for marklin?

Yes, of course there is. But it doesn't have all and every product manual, including no 81835.

https://www.maerklin.de/...zteile/ersatzteillisten/

Offline bph  
#31 Posted : 30 January 2019 19:50:30(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hello

Does anyone have a manual for 2670/2870 and 4270/4271 ?

any help here would be highly appreciated.
Offline Markus Schild  
#32 Posted : 30 January 2019 20:21:28(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi,

This is the 2670/2870 manual:
ba-2870-60937-tm-0788-na.pdf (2,841kb) downloaded 360 time(s).

Regards

Markus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline bph  
#33 Posted : 30 January 2019 23:52:39(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Markus Schild Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

This is the 2670/2870 manual:
ba-2870-60937-tm-0788-na.pdf (2,841kb) downloaded 360 time(s).

Regards

Markus

Thanks, highly appreciated 😊
Offline PauliMärklin  
#34 Posted : 28 April 2020 21:40:14(UTC)
PauliMärklin

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hi Teewolf,

Hi Markivitch,

well, I think you definitely misunderstood my post, because it was not an answer to your post, although it is located straight below your post. My post is a direct answer to post #1 from kumarvartak. That is the reason why I quoted his complete post first. He asked for general manuals. And they you will find among my link.

Because of the time differences between the single posts and the possibilities for an answer to a post, you have various possibilities for a post. Either you use “quick reply” really for just a quick generally answer within the complete thread or you use for answering a specific post the button in the bar above the post you want to write an answer for. You may use the button “reply with quote” for answering a post. This forum has really a good software to fulfil almost all necessities to answer a group, a single person or what else. But it needs some time to get used to it. I started in June for this community, but I am still not total familiar with all. Much more information you can get from the chapter “Site specific stuff “.

The link from martinezv post #2 is also very good, even it is in Spanish, but the books among this link are in English and also very general, but helpful.

Are you looking for the 3021-V200 manual?
Incidentally I do have this specific manual scanned and you find it here

3021 manual

regards

TEEWolf

Hello TEEWolf,
your post is already some years ago, so I dont know if you receive this. It's about trying to open the 3021, for repair purposes.

I've been searching a long time this afternoon for a manual / an instruction to open a 3021 V200 which has no screw to do that. And I found your scan from the Manual of the 3021 V200 056 (at least that's what the foto of the brochure says.) . My V200 is the 027, and from what I read on different forums, its the 3021.11 but I am not sure, I didn't find the specific site back, with detailed descriptions. However, I inserted a photo that shows the groundplate with not the screw that is shown on page 4 of the excellent manual that you uploaded. Do you have any idea how to open? There is a strange small handle, tha looks like those on electric models (for the pantograph), but I can't lever it complete, and i am afraid to break it with too much force.
If you have no solution, I can post it as a new topic. Thx for your attention.
Regards, Paul

Offline PauliMärklin  
#35 Posted : 28 April 2020 21:47:29(UTC)
PauliMärklin

Netherlands   
Sorry I forgot to attach the photo, i suppose it comes here: IMG_20200428_211521 jeanettes 3021 versie... met onopenbare bodem.jpg

Regards, Paul
Offline cookee_nz  
#36 Posted : 28 April 2020 21:59:42(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

All 3021 Locos open the same way, a large single screw underneath near the centre.

Is there a visible hole where the screw would be? If so and it's missing then it would indicate that the chassis is somehow stuck in the body.

Depending on the condition, those are a heavy Loco, quite common and popular. I wonder if perhaps it has been dropped and the body is slightly distorted preventing the chassis from releasing? It should literally just lift out easily.

A photo or two would definitely help.

** Just saw the photo you added. The screw hole is the slot with the hole in the middle and it looks partly released so I think you just need to give it a bit of 'encouragement'. The chassis can hang up on the headlight brackets.

Try pushing one end back into the Loco and lift the other end out on more of an angle?
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline TEEWolf  
#37 Posted : 28 April 2020 22:40:32(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: PauliMärklin Go to Quoted Post
Hello TEEWolf,
your post is already some years ago, so I dont know if you receive this. It's about trying to open the 3021, for repair purposes.

I've been searching a long time this afternoon for a manual / an instruction to open a 3021 V200 which has no screw to do that. And I found your scan from the Manual of the 3021 V200 056 (at least that's what the foto of the brochure says.) . My V200 is the 027, and from what I read on different forums, its the 3021.11 but I am not sure, I didn't find the specific site back, with detailed descriptions. However, I inserted a photo that shows the groundplate with not the screw that is shown on page 4 of the excellent manual that you uploaded. Do you have any idea how to open? There is a strange small handle, tha looks like those on electric models (for the pantograph), but I can't lever it complete, and i am afraid to break it with too much force.
If you have no solution, I can post it as a new topic. Thx for your attention.
Regards, Paul

Hello Paul,

well, this is a very good software our admin has choosen. Your post arrived. You are from the Netherlands, so I hope you understand some German. Therefore here a complete website about the V 200 from "www.maerklin-sammler-infos.de"

http://www.maerklin-samm...omotiven/03021/03021.htm

If you scroll down to the heading "Unterlagen" (Documents) you will find a button for the explosion drawing of the V 200 as well as another one to the manual. In this manual page 4 fig. 2 you see the screw for opening the V 200 (and much more).

Regards

Wolfgang
Offline Crazy Harry  
#38 Posted : 28 April 2020 23:48:35(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PauliMärklin Go to Quoted Post
There is a strange small handle,

That small handle is a manual reversing lever.

I second cookee_nz 's comment regarding the screw hole and that some gentle persuasion may be required to separate the body from the frame. It normally comes apart quite easily.

My V200 027 (3021) is from the mid sixties and the manual that came with it is exactly the one TEEWolf posted. Mine has the manual lever for operating the reverser, like yours, but that is not shown in the manual. Everything else in the manual is the same and applies to our models. You seem to be missing a plate on the bottom as well as the screw (page 4 in the manual).

Cheers,

Harold.

P.S.: Welcome to the forum Pauli!!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#39 Posted : 29 April 2020 02:13:56(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post
You seem to be missing a plate on the bottom as well as the screw (page 4 in the manual).

Yes, the missing plate was the first thing that came to mind reading these posts.