Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline stevedenver  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2019 21:48:58(UTC)
stevedenver

United States   
Well let me start off with disappointing all of you in that i have no photos as of yet.
This set is on the marklin 2019 new release pdf.

Also, while decades in n and g, i have only really become a z modeler in the past year, acquiring locos and stock and track, and constructing buildings. A 3’x8’ layout is underway to replace my 2x4 dogbone with sidings.

Having often been “value conscious”, up until recently i have often been happy buying used 5 pole locos.
Very happy in fact, although i have a few super 3 pole locos too. And a couple not so super, but serviceable none the less.

But, having recently splurged on the latest railbus, and new T12 type KPEV 2-6-0t, in green, i am now willing to pay full price, as the quality is significantly better, imho. Simply, the low speed operation and detaling make the price, imho, more than good compared to many used prices.

This new tiny gem of a model loco has an eccentric, and intricately designed valve motion, an entirely new and highly detailed shell, bright LEDs at a crawl, and oh yes indeed, it will crawl and not stall. Best of all, imho, its almost silent. I never realized how much that certain motor noise irked me.

According to the new parts diagram, for this loco, this version has a tiny can motor, parallel with the chassis. Running is a new level compared to my older versions. It now runs as well as other, larger locos. And will run very slowly. Very.
And, the detailing is astonishing. To my eye, its as detail laden as my lgb harzquerbahn 2-6-2t!

This loco it seems has been entirely redesigned, not merely upgraded.

The shell is metal, i believe, or, marklins new metal laden plastic, but not the older “pot metal”, but more like a lost wax brass casting. Very crisp detailing, and fine thin paint. No rounded detailing from paint. Included was a spare shell, an unpainted, imperfect second. It is gold/brass in color and hefty, fwiw.

The coal cars are lovely too. They are loaded with a more realistic looking coal load, and are lightly weathered with “coal dust” on the top of the gondola wall edges, and on the sides.

I am very satisfied and pleased with this set. I enjoy watching it run a great deal more than I expected.
For marklin z, it seems the running and details have entered a new level, one in which some of the frustrating operational jumpiness and only good to fair detal has been elevated significantly.

These re-tooled models are wonderful.

Ill try to take some pics and post them soon.