Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline midwestbls  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2019 23:22:45(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
BIG NEWS! Marklin ("LGB") has just announced via the LGB 2019 new items list a WIRELESS RADIO HANDHELD CONTROLLER (throttle) for the CS2 or CS3.

LGB item #55017.

RC3.jpg

It's a mystery why this is being launced under the LGB brand, but it's clearly a Marklin product with labeling consistent with the new CS3 units. Also the description clearly notes it can be used for ALL scales digitially controlled by a CS2 or CS3!!!

From the LGB/product website:

This is a radio handheld controller for wireless remote control of locomotives and working items by means of the CS2 and CS3 central controllers. The large range also makes this controller usable for large garden railroad layouts. The graphic display has a high level of contrast and is easy to read even in direct sunlight. It also has background lighting for operation at twilight and night. Two (2) different locomotives / powered units can be controlled at the same time. They can be called up with the Central Station. Sixteen (16) or thirty-two (32) functions can be controlled, depending on the configuration of the CS 2 or CS3. Up to 4,095 turnouts and signals can be controlled. This controller can be used in analog operation together with the 51079 locomotive controller to control a locomotive / powered unit. This controller can be updated with the RC3 radio receiver and the CS3. Three (3) AA batteries are required for operation. They are not included with this controller. A 55057 RC3 radio receiver is required for connection to the CS2 / CS3. This is not included with this controller. Size 185 x 80 x 35 mm / 7-1/4" x 3-1/8" x 1-3/8".

This controller can also be used for other scales, where the locomotives are controlled digitally with the CS2 / CS3.

Link to full info: LGB-Marklin Radio Controller

There is also a separate part, the Radio Receiver #55057.

- Bill
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by midwestbls
Offline NewComix  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2019 23:39:48(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi Bill,

Originally Posted by: midwestbls Go to Quoted Post
BIG NEWS! Marklin ("LGB") has just announced via the LGB 2019 new items list a WIRELESS RADIO HANDHELD CONTROLLER (throttle) for the CS2 or CS3.

LGB item #55017.

This is the Massoth Wireless Controller with Märklin branding plus CAN Bus connection and mfx added. It’s using the 433mhz band for the EU, so neither WiFi nor Bluetooth. I think it is excellent device but not cheap at all (500€ for Sender and Receiver).

Kind regards
Jörg

Edited by moderator 18 January 2019 08:30:10(UTC)  | Reason: Edited to not include the entire first post......

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NewComix
Offline midwestbls  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2019 23:45:47(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
Originally Posted by: NewComix Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bill,

This is the Massoth Wireless Controller with Märklin branding plus CAN Bus connection and mfx added. It’s using the 433mhz band for the EU, so neither WiFi nor Bluetooth. I think it is excellent device but not cheap at all (500€ for Sender and Receiver).

Kind regards
Jörg

Interesting info, Jörg, thanks! And you're exactly right about the price.

Here is the link to info on the radio receiver: 55057 Info Link

It can connect with up to eight (8) controllers.

- Bill
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by midwestbls
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 18 January 2019 01:15:14(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

fwiw. Just for an indication of what might be expected,

Link to the Massoth manual download page for their current DiMAx navigator.
Massoth DiMax 8134001 Navigator

Make sure you hide the childlock code in a safe place ;-)
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline midwestbls  
#5 Posted : 18 January 2019 01:18:44(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
I for one am ALL-IN! Thanks, M!

FYI, Marklin Digital (US) has CONFIRMED on its Facebook page that this will work with all scales through a CS2 or CS3!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by midwestbls
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 18 January 2019 01:47:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

Laugh what a joke - one of the most important digital device, a new controller for digital railroading is published and announced by Märklin via LGB and not about their own major Märklin website. Even not one word about it.LOL

Is it the price? Both units cost together 440 €.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline midwestbls  
#7 Posted : 18 January 2019 03:10:48(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Laugh what a joke - one of the most important digital device, a new controller for digital railroading is published and announced by Märklin via LGB and not about their own major Märklin website. Even not one word about it.LOL

You may consider it a “joke”, but it’s now available, so what?!

If I had to guess it’s a rights issue with the company - Massoth - that made it for LGB and is now allowing it to be re-branded and integrated with the CS2/3. I’m glad it’s here. You'll also notice it's NOT labeled "LGB", but rather looks like it's built to match the new CS3 design/graphics.

And FWIW, I learned about it from a post from the US Marklin Digital folks who quickly confirmed it will operate any digital trains, any scale thru CS2/3.
Offline seatrains  
#8 Posted : 18 January 2019 04:30:57(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
Maybe this is why the marklin digital mobilestation app disappeared from the Apple App Store? Confused
I love conspiracy theories...
Thom
European Train Enthusiast - Pacific Northwest Chapter
4th Division, Pacific Northwest Region, National Model Railroaders Association
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by seatrains
Offline TEEWolf  
#9 Posted : 18 January 2019 04:44:09(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: midwestbls Go to Quoted Post

You may consider it a “joke”, but it’s now available, so what?!

If I had to guess it’s a rights issue with the company - Massoth - that made it for LGB and is now allowing it to be re-branded and integrated with the CS2/3. I’m glad it’s here. You'll also notice it's NOT labeled "LGB", but rather looks like it's built to match the new CS3 design/graphics.

And FWIW, I learned about it from a post from the US Marklin Digital folks who quickly confirmed it will operate any digital trains, any scale thru CS2/3.

Hello midwest,

read my post again. It is not a joke that this new digital controller device is available.

It is a joke that Märklin communicates it by its auxilliary website for LGB and even does not mention it with one word on its own standard but major website "Märklin". Also no word for these new mobile digital controller in the new brochure for 2019. Shall we from marklin-users.net, and this is a forum of Märklin buyers and users, not buy and use this new device? But now it is obvious too, why Märklin had changed only the outside design of the CS 3 last year.

I just looked at Stummis community and found no word about these new devices yet! Although they have an already 5 pages long, huge thread about Märklin news for 2019. Of course, I informed them now and set a view links. Honestly, do you think Märklin wants to keep all Märklin users dumb?Laugh

ciao

TEEWolf
Offline TEEWolf  
#10 Posted : 18 January 2019 04:52:12(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: seatrains Go to Quoted Post
Maybe this is why the marklin digital mobilestation app disappeared from the Apple App Store? Confused

Put it that way, the licence fee to Massoth would be probably less than the costs for an Apple App. Second, I never owned and never will buy an Apple computer. It is too expensive for its performance. Why shall I pay just for an image? I do not need this. So I never could use these App. This new device I can use and it is part of the CAN bus. In other words: the market for this handheld is much bigger than for an Apple App and fits perfectly into Märklin's digital system.
Offline seatrains  
#11 Posted : 18 January 2019 06:24:01(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
TeeWolf, I have never owned an Apple computer either, but I use this app on my iphone and buddy has one on his ipad tablet. They were not that expensive, maybe 10 dollars (?) and we use them with our CS2 and CS3 and for the price, they work great...as an second throttle. FWIW, my two cents.
Thom
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 18 January 2019 06:53:59(UTC)
Goofy

Maybe temporary down before to upgrade the CS3?
However i believe radio cab control are waste of money.
How about MS2?
When it´s time to upgrade to 32 functions too?? LOL

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kiwiAlan  
#13 Posted : 18 January 2019 07:26:07(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
This was mentioned in the New Items 2019 thread, and noted that it appears only in the LGB new items, not the Marklin or Trix ones.

I suspect this will appear in the Marklin and Trix Summer NI brochures, once the required firmware updates have been issued for attaching the receiver to the CS.

Interesting that the LGB NI brochure only mentions connecting to a cs3, but the pages you link to also mention the cs2, which is good news. ThumpUp

Offline kiwiAlan  
#14 Posted : 18 January 2019 07:55:43(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Moderators, perhaps this thread should be merged into the other one.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#15 Posted : 18 January 2019 08:21:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Moderators, perhaps this thread should be merged into the other one.

My thoughts exactly - only one thread is needed, so have been merged.

It is a joke that Märklin communicates it by its auxilliary website for LGB and even does not mention it with one word on its own standard but major website "Märklin".

Agreed, it does seem a bit strange but may well be due to licensing issues as suggested.

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Interesting that the LGB NI brochure only mentions connecting to a cs3, but the pages you link to also mention the cs2, which is good news.

LGB Brochure does mention that the device can be used with CS3 and CS2, and will work with other scales.

Capture.JPG

I think it is excellent device but not cheap at all (500€ for Sender and Receiver).

As TeeWolf posted, total cost for both is 440€ RRP. Hopefully there will be discounts on that.

I use this app on my iphone and buddy has one on his ipad tablet. They were not that expensive, maybe 10 dollars (?) and we use them with our CS2 and CS3 and for the price, they work great...as a second throttle.

I have Remote CS2 and the Marklin Remote Control app on my Android phone, but I don't particularly like them because I find the phone's gyros (I have a Samsung S7 Edge) are too sensitive and it is all too easy to accidentally set them to full throttle - not good when you're controlling expensive 1 Gauge locos and have one rear ending another because of it. I've also had the same experience when using Apple devices.

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Contrary to Goofy's opinion, a remote control with a physical control knob is much safer and very useful when you are controlling a 1 Gauge layout which is 20 metres from one end to the other.

We use the Uhlenbrock Daisy remotes and find them great (even if the batteries only last for about an hour).

Edited by user 18 January 2019 21:44:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline NewComix  
#16 Posted : 18 January 2019 08:39:39(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   

I just looked at Stummis community and found no word about these new devices yet! Although they have an already 5 pages long, huge thread about Märklin news for 2019. Of course, I informed them now and set a view links. Honestly, do you think Märklin wants to keep all Märklin users dumb?Laugh

ciao

TEEWolf

Sorry, you‘ve overlooked it. It is on the 5 pages thread and there is also a seperate thread in Allgemein. (Sorry adding links on my mobile phone is really inconvenient)

kind regards
Jörg

Offline NewComix  
#17 Posted : 18 January 2019 08:42:43(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   

That has probably other reasons. With the lastest version of CS3 software you can use any browser to control your locos and layout. So no need for an App.

kind regards
Jörg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NewComix
Offline Danlake  
#18 Posted : 18 January 2019 09:48:41(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
I think it’s great that Marklin finally comes up with some wireless controls.

Iam not a big fan of smartphone and or IPads to control the train. For fine speed control it’s just not the best design.

However Iam a bit concerned looking at the photo of Marklin new wireless control. The throttle looks plastic cheaply. And what’s up with the arrow marks on the throttle? Not really appropriate when we may be controlling our trains from 14 to 126 speed step? So is speed step 0 always arrow pointing up?

Great for analogue so you know where start and stop is - but for digitale?

One thing I like about ESU is the effort they put in to designing a well performing speed throttle knobs. Even Marklins new CS3 are terrible where each click corresponds to about 2-3 speed steps and trying to use your finger is even more hopeless...

But I guess we will have to wait for the reviews - for those who can afford it.

Best Regards
Lasse

Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#19 Posted : 18 January 2019 10:10:56(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
......what’s up with the arrow marks on the throttle? Not really appropriate when we may be controlling our trains from 14 to 126 speed step? So is speed step 0 always arrow pointing up?

Read the (Fine) manual......

"3.1 Driving with standard setting

The main driving operation of the Navigator is done with the wheel knob. The wheel knob controls direction and speed of the assigned locomotive. The center point of the wheel knob is lit red in centered position (zero speed steps). The wheel knob may be illuminated separately (check the Navigators menu). Func-tion key 9 (lower left side) triggers the light function of the actually assigned locomotive.

The light function is independent from F1 to F28 and is operated separately. If the wheel knob is in centered position the locomotive stands. Speed step 000 is shown in the display. The driving direction of the locomotive is shown with the arrows in front of the speed steps. Functions are triggered with the keys F1 to F8. If a locomotive is operated with serial functions the F1 function will flash as many times as the triggered function. Use the F key to switch the function layers from F1...F8 to F9...F16, F17...F20 and F21...F28. The function mode F17...F20 also offers the binary state function operation from 30...99 by entering the function address with the keyboard. Use the F key as often as required to finally return to F1...F8."
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#20 Posted : 18 January 2019 10:16:34(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
No one has asked yet, but yes the remote control can operate turnouts / signals and routes (at least the Massoth version does so I assume the Marklin version also will).
Offline Purellum  
#21 Posted : 18 January 2019 10:43:21(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I believe it will be great for bigger layouts, and especially for garden layouts.

I know many uses the Massoth version and are really happy using it.

How about MS2?

Have you bought a MS2 now ??? LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline TEEWolf  
#22 Posted : 18 January 2019 15:58:16(UTC)
TEEWolf

TeeWolf, I have never owned an Apple computer either, but I use this app on my iphone and buddy has one on his ipad tablet. They were not that expensive, maybe 10 dollars (?) and we use them with our CS2 and CS3 and for the price, they work great...as an second throttle. FWIW, my two cents.

Never mind, if it is a computer or whatever. I mean Apple products. Like you say, I drive a Mercedes, which actually is wrong and is not wrong, because you drive perhaps a Mercedes E-class and the official company's name is Daimler. Once I had a Mercedes A-class and at that time the official name was Daimler-Chrysler. Do not worry, but even an iphone or ipad are overpriced products. I know it because my brother bought an ipad for my mother which I shall maintain. It is not easy.

And how much do you have to pay for an iphone, or similar product?
Offline TEEWolf  
#23 Posted : 18 January 2019 16:01:37(UTC)
TEEWolf

Maybe temporary down before to upgrade the CS3?
How about MS2?

Goofy, buying and selling a CS 3 is waisting money. If you still would have your CS 3, then you do not need a MS 2 anymore. You buy a RC 3 which is able to use up to 32 functions for a CS 2 or CS 3, if you have the latest software updates on it. Read it on LGBs website.
Offline TEEWolf  
#24 Posted : 18 January 2019 16:07:12(UTC)
TEEWolf

ciao

TEEWolf

Sorry, you‘ve overlooked it. It is on the 5 pages thread and there is also a seperate thread in Allgemein. (Sorry adding links on my mobile phone is really inconvenient)

kind regards
Jörg

Yes I have to correct it to the "Neuheiten (news) 2019" thread. How silly doing a news 2ß19 thread for Märklin, Fleischmann Roco etc but shift the important news about a CS 3 into another thread only because of a different brand name. I think sombody does not understand something.
Offline Goofy  
#25 Posted : 18 January 2019 17:24:01(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

How about MS2?

Have you bought a MS2 now ??? LOL

Per.

Nope...i buy another manufacture digital system.
I report later in another topic.

H0
Offline Goofy  
#26 Posted : 18 January 2019 17:27:41(UTC)
Goofy

Goofy, buying and selling a CS 3 is waisting money. If you still would have your CS 3, then you do not need a MS 2 anymore. You buy a RC 3 which is able to use up to 32 functions for a CS 2 or CS 3, if you have the latest software updates on it. Read it on LGBs website.

It was irony by off me.
Relax sweetheart.

H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Purellum  
#27 Posted : 18 January 2019 21:19:19(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Relax sweetheart.

Why this ???

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#28 Posted : 18 January 2019 21:48:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Why this ???

I'm surprised he didn't add a few Love Love Love

Offline Goofy  
#29 Posted : 26 January 2019 08:37:30(UTC)
Goofy

I’m suprised Märklin did present radio cab Control when the future are wi-fi and mobil app.
H0
Offline xxup  
#30 Posted : 26 January 2019 08:47:25(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I suspect that the reason it is using radio instead of wi-fi is that LGB layouts are often run outside, where wi-fi performance is usually very poor. I also suspect that very few large scale clubs would provide wi-fi outside or even inside the club house..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Goofy  
#31 Posted : 27 January 2019 09:27:17(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
I suspect that the reason it is using radio instead of wi-fi is that LGB layouts are often run outside, where wi-fi performance is usually very poor. I also suspect that very few large scale clubs would provide wi-fi outside or even inside the club house..

You can also use APs to connect wifi better inside or outside too like in the garden.
It´s cheap anyway than Märklins new radio cab control.
I don´t believe radio cab control inside for the digital system like H0 scale or bigger scale.

H0
Offline vmsysprog  
#32 Posted : 02 February 2019 04:13:01(UTC)
vmsysprog

United States   
I wish it would work with an MS2.

Steve
Offline Purellum  
#33 Posted : 01 March 2019 14:43:48(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

How about MS2?

Within the next 2 weeks, is what I've heard............ Flapper

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#34 Posted : 04 May 2019 11:45:06(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
I also suspect that very few large scale clubs would provide wi-fi outside or even inside the club house..

I know one that does......
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#35 Posted : 04 May 2019 11:49:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I’m suprised Märklin did present radio cab Control when the future are wi-fi and mobil app.

That's easy to answer.

Mobile apps for train control are rubbish, because the gyros in most mobile phones are too sensitive and it is all too easy to inadvertently adjust the throttle setting to maximum - speaking from experience here.

A dedicated device with a proper speed control knob is much safer.

Mobile phone devices might be great for lots of things, but they're still too immature for safe train control.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Goofy  
#36 Posted : 04 May 2019 14:44:20(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

That's easy to answer.

Mobile apps for train control are rubbish, because the gyros in most mobile phones are too sensitive and it is all too easy to inadvertently adjust the throttle setting to maximum - speaking from experience here.

A dedicated device with a proper speed control knob is much safer.

Mobile phone devices might be great for lots of things, but they're still too immature for safe train control.

Never heard about this problem and Märklin provided safety by use theirs app to control with the devices.

H0
Offline Goofy  
#37 Posted : 04 May 2019 14:46:47(UTC)
Goofy

How about MS2?

Within the next 2 weeks, is what I've heard............

Per.

But nothing happens...

H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#38 Posted : 05 May 2019 04:01:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Never heard about this problem and Märklin provided safety by use theirs app to control with the devices.

That's because you've never tried using it yourself. You just whine and moan and complain about everything!

My experience was with the Marklin remote control app, also RemoteCS2.

However, the problem is not with those apps themselves rather the problem is with mobile phone hardware and the over sensitive gyros built into them.

If you had tried this then you would know....

But nothing happens...

As for the MS2 update for 32 functions, does it really matter as to when it arrives? It will get here when it gets here, there's no need to spew all over the internet about it!

Here's a novel idea - If you have an issue with that how about contacting Marklin and asking them rather than spewing over the internet as to how useless Marklin are!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline MaerklinLife  
#39 Posted : 05 May 2019 05:32:57(UTC)
MaerklinLife

I have to say: I don't understand that explanation. What has the gyro in the phone to do with anything? If the speed setting can be adjusted by the gyro, you will have to program that feature. If you don't do that, then the gyro has no say in setting the speed of the train.

I never experienced anything like that using the Märklin apps (or the CS3 web app).

That being said: Wi-Fi comes in all different flavours. I think the problem with Wi-Fi is that you, as a manufacturer, cannot know what people have at home. If they have a crappy Wi-Fi your devices will perform badly. By taking the Wi-Fi out of the equation and control everything yourself with a dedicated radio, you make sure that everything is the best it can be. For a garden railway, that may be better. I think that is the reason.

Personally I don't like the apps, I prefer a rotating knob when running my trains.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline seatrains  
#40 Posted : 05 May 2019 06:06:44(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
TeeWolf, I have never owned an Apple computer either, but I use this app on my iphone and buddy has one on his ipad tablet. They were not that expensive, maybe 10 dollars (?) and we use them with our CS2 and CS3 and for the price, they work great...as a second throttle. FWIW, my two cents.

Bigdaddynz, this is my experience (posted prior) but my buddy and I are just messing around with simple C track loops and not a layout...

Thom
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by seatrains
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#41 Posted : 05 May 2019 06:52:00(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post
What has the gyro in the phone to do with anything?

Lots, the gyro causes the app to flip from portrait to landscape and back sometimes at the slightest movement, which is immensely frustrating. I know you can lock the rotation in the device settings, but that's annoying to have to go and remove when you actually want to rotate the screen.

I've also had the locomotive throttle set itself to maximum when running locos when holding the phone in my hand without realising it had happened (train was out of sight) probably due to over sensitive touchscreens. One particular incident was with 1 Gauge trains on a large 15m x 8m layout, which resulted in a near miss (by about an inch) rear ending of one train to another. I refuse to use the mobile apps on a phone for locomotive control.

I've had similar experiences with Sony and Samsung android devices and with an Apple iPod 4 - they all do it.
Offline Alsterstreek  
#42 Posted : 05 May 2019 09:51:45(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Awwh, my new LGB controller is on backorder ever since, due to be delivered in 2Q2019. When I saw thread activity, I rejoiced hoping to learn about a delivery status update. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case...

:o(
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Goofy  
#43 Posted : 05 May 2019 10:19:20(UTC)
Goofy

That's because you've never tried using it yourself. You just whine and moan and complain about everything!

My experience was with the Marklin remote control app, also RemoteCS2.

However, the problem is not with those apps themselves rather the problem is with mobile phone hardware and the over sensitive gyros built into them.

If you had tried this then you would know....

But nothing happens...

As for the MS2 update for 32 functions, does it really matter as to when it arrives? It will get here when it gets here, there's no need to spew all over the internet about it!

Here's a novel idea - If you have an issue with that how about contacting Marklin and asking them rather than spewing over the internet as to how useless Marklin are!

I did start a topic by present a question if Märklin will upgrade MS2 to 32 functions.
It is possible due to control upgrade thanks by of the technology, which you David applaud for it.
Members here did verified Märklin will upgrade MS2 to 32 functions.
I did just asked if Märklin will do that?

Second you verified you have problem with devices with the app, but did you bought latest phone with better chip like Iphone XR which i do have.
This device do have A12 Bionic which are very powerful chip.
I have no problem by use wifi and gyro.
If you have problem with your mobil phone, i believe you have old stuff that needs to be changed out to new.

Well...sometimes are Märklin useless like waiting to upgrade in six and a half months, which is not normal by waiting so long.
It seems Märklin do miss money to upgrade, because it cost money to upgrade the system.
Who has right...customer or Märklin?

I do like Märklin trains, but i don´t like when a company like Märklin cannot prof to present better service which they did promised for some years ago by doing it.
I believe the freedom of speech and see what it happens in the market.
Even to understand it.
If you want to buy Radio handheld controller from Märklin, do it if you feel for it.
I feel for the devices like Iphone XR and use Märklin app.

H0
Offline MaerklinLife  
#44 Posted : 05 May 2019 11:13:22(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Lots, the gyro causes the app to flip from portrait to landscape and back sometimes at the slightest movement, which is immensely frustrating.

I see what you mean. I always lock my rotation when going into the app. I thought it was some sort of "move the phone forward to accelerate" feature that I had not heard of.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#45 Posted : 05 May 2019 11:16:54(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I've also had the locomotive throttle set itself to maximum when running locos when holding the phone in my hand without realising it had happened

This sounds like it was using the volume buttons for throttle. I know that some MRR apps do this, but don't know about the Marklin app.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#46 Posted : 05 May 2019 12:31:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The volume controls wern't touched at all - RemoteCS2 uses the volume buttons but the Marklin Mainstation app doesn't. I was using the Marklin app at the time.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#47 Posted : 05 May 2019 12:42:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
.....but did you bought latest phone with better chip like Iphone XR which i do have.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which I've had for a bit under 2 years.

Previously I've used a Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung A3, Sony Xperia Z3 (all of which were work provided phones). All these phones exhibit the problem as does my Apple Gen 4 iPod.

I haven't tried any of the latest Apple phones and have no intention to as I don't like Apple phones.

Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
When I saw thread activity, I rejoiced hoping to learn about a delivery status update. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case...

Sorry, my fault for bumping the thread - in fact blame Per because he linked to it from Goofy's MS2 32 functions thread, so I ended up seeing something here which I had to respond to.....
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline MaerklinLife  
#48 Posted : 05 May 2019 14:52:23(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post
Awwh, my new LGB controller is on backorder ever since, due to be delivered in 2Q2019. When I saw thread activity, I rejoiced hoping to learn about a delivery status update. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case...

It is scheduled for delivery in Q4 as of now. Expect December or early 2020.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline Purellum  
#49 Posted : 05 May 2019 15:33:19(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

in fact blame Per because he linked to it

That was on the 24th. of March BigGrin

But of course, just blame me LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#50 Posted : 06 May 2019 01:05:42(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
That was on the 24th. of March BigGrin

Call me Late, but I'm never late for dinner....