Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline veloboldie  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2018 16:39:53(UTC)
veloboldie

United States   
Morning All,

I found that AJCKids (ajckids.com) and Discount Train (http://discount-train.com/) to be two stores (with physical locations) that have majority of Marklin Z scale products, in stock, excellent customer service and quick delivery. Does anyone else know of U.S. based stores that fit these categories?

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by veloboldie
Offline ztrack  
#2 Posted : 30 November 2018 03:30:08(UTC)
ztrack

Ztrack has a physical showroom that is open by appointment. We are located in Columbus Ohio. We are the distributor for companies like American Z Line, Rokuhan, Full Throttle, Father Nature, Ztrack, Z-Panzer and others. Plus we have a retail operation, resale shop and publish Ztrack Magazine. I guarantee anyone coming by our showroom will never see more Z scale in any one location. Check out our website www.ztrack.com. From this site, you can link to our other sites to see the wealth of products we offer. Again, all are stored here in our offices and are ready to ship. We love having folks come by the office and see everything in person.

Rob Kluz
Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
The Magazine For Z Scale Model Railroading.
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 30 November 2018 11:39:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'll let your posts stay Rob, but I will remind you that dealer advertising is not permitted on the forum
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2018 07:49:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
There are a lot of shops that might carry HO and Z scale start sets, but fewer that stock reasonable selection of models and accessories. Many of those shops rely on special orders for anything other than they few start sets and items they may have in inventory.
It would be great if more shops would maintain accurate online inventory, so that you could tell whether something was on hand or had to be ordered.

These days, with the US$ on par with the CHF and at about 1.30 to the EUR, it is not a bad time to be ordering from Europe for special items or if you can't find it stateside.
US shops often don't have export or special items (MHI, etc) and some shops specialize more in certain countries than others.
For European orders, the shipping cost is reasonable if you have 3 to 5 items in an order.

The best thing you can do as far as US dealers is to check the marklin.com site for the dealer list and then contact the shops to see if they have the model you are looking for in stock.

Regards

Mike C
Offline veloboldie  
#5 Posted : 20 December 2018 20:08:44(UTC)
veloboldie

United States   
I recently ordered Vollmer items from Reynauld's and while the store was able to order the items quickly, the shipment is stuck with German customs. So it looks like it may be up to a month, especially around holidays, for the shipment to arrive in the U.S. With that, it is always wise to call the store first to see if they have the item you are looking for.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by veloboldie
Offline zscalehobo  
#6 Posted : 21 December 2018 00:49:13(UTC)
zscalehobo

United States   
Originally Posted by: veloboldie Go to Quoted Post
I recently ordered Vollmer items from Reynauld's and while the store was able to order the items quickly, the shipment is stuck with German customs. So it looks like it may be up to a month, especially around holidays, for the shipment to arrive in the U.S. With that, it is always wise to call the store first to see if they have the item you are looking for.

Shipments coming to the USA get stuck with US customs. The last scan you see on a shipment USA-bound is Flughafen (Frankfurt Airport) Germany making it seem like it's stuck there. When actually, it's stuck in a physical LINE on the US side waiting to get inspected and then turned over to US Postal Service. It's during the transition from customs to US Post when you MAY finally see another scan on the tracking.

Usual parcel leadtime from German manufacturers to USA dealers is 3 - 6 weeks and at this specific moment in time, we are seeing 5 weeks.
Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
A Noch "Top Dealer"
Marklin Dealer and Z Locomotive Service
Irvine, California, USA
www.zscalehobo.com
Offline skamieniecki  
#7 Posted : 03 February 2019 18:05:56(UTC)
skamieniecki

United States   
I have purchased many items from one person in Germany and it takes about three weeks or so to get here, reasonable shipping costs, will negotiate prices and sends chocolate with my purchases! I have yet to locate a dealer here in Washington state Puget Sound Area so I am adding to my collection via eBay or German sellers.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by skamieniecki