Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2018 20:28:10(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
I got out my BR44 with MFX decoder to test my Intellibox IR digital set up. I get the first 4 functions, as normal, but nothing beyond that, even though I can toggle the system to do the higher F6-8 and beyond. According to the booklet, the whistle is button 4 on the MS or F5 on a CS. Is there a way to get the whistle funtion to respond with the Intellibox? I know its an enhanced version of the old 6021, which was unable to get to the whistle according to the booklet. Thanks Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2018 10:26:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: artfull dodger Go to Quoted Post
I know its an enhanced version of the old 6021, which was unable to get to the whistle according to the booklet.
Don't believe the lies in the booklet.

Is there a way to get the whistle funtion to respond with the Intellibox?
Do you have version 2.0 in the Intellibox already? With 2.0 functions f5 through f8 will be sent to the consecutive address automatically when using MM protocol.
Now you just have to set the secondary address in the loco and you are done.
See also:
http://blog.mailez.de/eb...unctions-with-mfx-locos/

For newer mfx decoders, just operate them from DCC instead of MM and you should get 16 functions with one address. Your BR 44 is probably too old for DCC support.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline artfull dodger  
#3 Posted : 17 December 2018 15:55:31(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
I have no idea if it has 2.0 in it. It's an intellibox IR and not the later model with the larger screen. I read the link, how do I know what the second address is to set the one throttle up for just that engine? Since there are 2 throttle knobs, I can set the one side up for that engine
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 17 December 2018 16:20:58(UTC)
H0

how do I know what the second address is to set the one throttle up for just that engine?
Try address 255, in most cases this is the factory default. Then try F1 through F4 and maybe you will hear a whistle.
You can set the address as you like it.

With software 2.0 (free for Intellibox IR) you only need one speed knob if you use a pair of addresses like 44 and 45 or 144 and 145.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline artfull dodger  
#5 Posted : 17 December 2018 21:31:58(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Ok, I set the second throttle to 255 and that got me control of the whistle and such. I dont quite understand, even if this has the 2.0 software in it or not, how to set 2 addresses at the same time on one throttle. Also, I would have to find the cables and figure out how to upgrade the internal software if it not already 2.0. This digital stuff is very hard for my mind to process and understand on the programming side. One reason I avoided it as long as I have. But I love the sound and I was able to get this Uhlenbrock stuff for a screaming deal as he has had it for a long time with zero interest in it since the MS and CS controlers came out. I am not a touch screen person and need that tactile feel of the buttons, hence I like the set up I have built up. Just have to stumble my way thru getting to work with the MFX decoders. I appreciate the help Tom, I really really do. atleast now I can blow the whistle, even if it ties up the second throttle to do that for now.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by artfull dodger