Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2018 21:09:03(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
While I may get a starter set for Christmas with a MS2 controler, I am not fond of a hand held unit and prefer the older transformer style control set ups. I am borrowing a Uhlenbrock Intellibox 1 with a Marklin 60va transformer to use for the moment. I can buy it if I want to as well. What are the thoughts on the unit? I can also get the stand alone turnout/signal control box that gives lighted indications to control the turnouts/signals digitaly. I used this set up for a short while before and it seemed to be very reliable. A CS3 is my future desire, but not in the budget for atleast a year at this point. I only run 1 train at a time as the layout is single track with a side track. I need the digital control for sound and its nice to control turnouts without lots of wiring! Thanks Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 14 December 2018 22:37:04(UTC)
H0

I still have my old Intellibox connected to a programming track.
It's like a deluxe version of the 6021 and you can efficiently do the things that can be done with the IB.
The IB got better with software 2.0, but you may have to pay for it. Version 1.55 is available for free.

I don't need mfx and I think the IB is a good controller with an efficient UI.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline artfull dodger  
#3 Posted : 15 December 2018 20:08:06(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
I got it out of the box today, its actually an Intellibox IR version. I used a piece of bench work the gentleman made for me to create a shelf in the middle of the narrow section. I am putting the Intellibox on the left side, Marklin 60va xformer in the middle and the IB switch on the right side as I like the lighted turnout/signal indicators it gives me at a glance. Going to hopefully stop by the shop and get the IB Switch today. He has several more Uhlenbrock items from this old collection, including the IR remote part for my Intellibox. I may get that as well just to have the option since the controler is made for it. There is atleast one more IntelliboxIR controler there new in the box if anybody is looking for one. Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
Offline DaleSchultz  
#4 Posted : 15 December 2018 20:52:12(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
it is a very capable and well designed controller.
I am still using mine with full computer control and can achieve much more than many modern controllers can do by themselves.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com