Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artfull dodger  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2018 22:10:21(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Over the past couple years I have been slowly building this garden railway. All track and most of the trains are all LGB products, I even once had thier live steamer the Frank S. The buildings were a mix of Pola, Aristocraft and a home made log cabin. In this picture, you can see the big void in the middle of the "planter box" style table I built. That is for a rock style(resin) fountain that was out to be resealed. I forgot to get it drained before the first freeze the previous year and the bottom cracked. You can see a turnout that goes off the table in this picture, there is another on the other side. These will lead to a larger loop that will go around the tree and back to the other side. I need room for my complete Pola Becks Brewery that is packed away in our attic. A siding to raise steam will also be added under the tree where one can sit in the shade whilst preparing one's locomotive for a run on the line.

UserPostedImage

In this pic we see my old 2073d, converted to onboard battery power as all my LGB trains(other than the Stainz set I use under our Christmas tree) are set up. Not having to clean track other than debris that might cause a derailment helps keep my anxiety(one of my major struggles being on the autism spectrum) at bay. This pic is from the first year of operation of the line. I have sense removed the inside tracks and moved buildings around.

UserPostedImage

In this pic, I have removed the USA style depot and used my Pola depot along with LGB platfroms. I also made room for my Bier Garten complete with a "lady of the night" up on the balcony. All the buildings, turnout lanterns and street lights are lighted all night long by the same power supply that powers my path lighting around the house. This is the final pic for this years operating season. The brutal cold of winter is on the way, along with snow. Sometimes we get a nice break and I can clear the line for some live steam fun in the cold if the wind isnt to bad. The steamers dont mind the wind being gas fired, but I do!

UserPostedImage

I have had a big of a revolving door with various live steamers. I have my Aster Swiss engine tentatively sold to finance a Regner Skglb version in black/red that will get RC control installed and I am working on a trade with my Roundhouse Bertie(UK style saddle tank engine) for a Regner Konrad geared engine for this railways main live steamer. Another anxiety solving issue. Trying to run a manualy control, non geared engine does nothing but make my anxiety go sky high on my raised line, not matter how well it runs. I am also trading most all of my USA prototype G scale for more Austrian cars and engines. I plan to take the village Dr's office from Piko and rename it for Dr Hans Asperger, who discovered my disorder many years ago and of which they named it after him. A few signals are planned and I just got a bunch of LGB people to glue to my passenger platform once warmer and drier weather comes in the new year. Hope you enjoy the pics. Below are a bunch more from when I was building it and some of the various live steamers I have had. Enjoy! Mike the Aspie

LGB/Aster Frank S in the engine house
UserPostedImage

Platform/Depot before I changed it this morning
UserPostedImage

Merlin Mayflower live steamer
UserPostedImage

Initial construction
UserPostedImage

Showing how track is mounted solid, all wood is either pressure treated or sealed by me.
UserPostedImage

First summer of operation with original track plan.
UserPostedImage

Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 15 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline artfull dodger  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2018 12:05:43(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Here is one of the two new live steamers to join the stable, SKGLB #1 by Regner(who did several of Marklin's live steam offerings in recent years). Today she will be joined by a Regner Konrad from thier easy line of geared engines. Full RC control of the #1 is planned over the winter months, along with lots of run time on my rolling road as she is quite stiff having nearly no run time since built from a kit. Mike the Aspie
UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline petestra  
#3 Posted : 12 December 2018 11:43:09(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi there! Just love it. That's something I always wanted. I hope the squirrels don't cause mischief. ENJOY! Peter. BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline artfull dodger  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2018 16:11:18(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Here is the Regner Stainz pausing at the depot on a cold Sunday morning, folks headed off to church and holiday shopping crowed the platform. Merry Christmas. Mike the Aspie
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by artfull dodger
Offline PCRail  
#5 Posted : 18 January 2019 21:07:59(UTC)
PCRail

United States   
Nice railroad and nice photos. What's next?
Offline panzerlok99  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2019 08:50:20(UTC)
panzerlok99

United States   
Originally Posted by: artfull dodger Go to Quoted Post
Over the past couple years I have been slowly building this garden railway. All track and most of the trains are all LGB products, I even once had thier live steamer the Frank S. The buildings were a mix of Pola, Aristocraft and a home made log cabin. In this picture, you can see the big void in the middle of the "planter box" style table I built. That is for a rock style(resin) fountain that was out to be resealed. I forgot to get it drained before the first freeze the previous year and the bottom cracked. You can see a turnout that goes off the table in this picture, there is another on the other side. These will lead to a larger loop that will go around the tree and back to the other side. I need room for my complete Pola Becks Brewery that is packed away in our attic. A siding to raise steam will also be added under the tree where one can sit in the shade whilst preparing one's locomotive for a run on the line.

UserPostedImage

I LOVE YOUR LAYOUT!!! and its great to see a German theme enthusiast! The LGB USA trains are very nice, but I am always wanting to collect the Austrian and German stuff. I like the Elloks too, Im trying to collect some overhead catenary to add to my brothers garden line.

Here here on keeping anxiety at bay! Enjoy the hobby, immerse yourself with the love of Big Trains and let me know when the winter is over and you start building the loops ....want the photos!!

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by panzerlok99
Offline artfull dodger  
#7 Posted : 02 February 2019 20:01:40(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Next up will be the small expansion of this line, and a much larger gauge one line in back yard that will be raised and have large radius curves.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by artfull dodger