Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline applor  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2018 01:32:21(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi all,

I have posted on ESU and Stummi forums and no one has yet to give me an answer, so while this is Marklin forums maybe someone here can help.

I am trying to connect a wheel sensor to a loksound 3.0 M4 decoder.

The picture in the ESU manual on where to solder the contacts is poor quality and does not appear to match the circuitry on the decoder.

Can anyone confirm where to solder the wheel sensor contacts? I can see two pads at the back of the decoder labelled 'IMP' and that appears to be the only logical location and those pads also appear on the loksound 3.5

The loksound 3.0 M4 and loksound 3.5 appear the same and this is what the decoder looks like:

http://www.esu.eu/typo3temp/pics/f454f47948.jpg

Thanks!
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 12 December 2018 04:27:12(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I have posted on ESU and Stummi forums and no one has yet to give me an answer, so while this is Marklin forums maybe someone here can help.

I am trying to connect a wheel sensor to a loksound 3.0 M4 decoder.

The picture in the ESU manual on where to solder the contacts is poor quality and does not appear to match the circuitry on the decoder.

Can anyone confirm where to solder the wheel sensor contacts? I can see two pads at the back of the decoder labelled 'IMP' and that appears to be the only logical location and those pads also appear on the loksound 3.5

The loksound 3.0 M4 and loksound 3.5 appear the same and this is what the decoder looks like:

http://www.esu.eu/typo3temp/pics/f454f47948.jpg

Thanks!

Hi Applor,

you know I do not know very much about ESU, because I am concentrated on Märklin. Nevertheless I found this ESU page about the LP V3.0 M4 in English.

http://www.esu.eu/en/pro...roducts/lokpilot-v30-m4/

or LokSound V3.0 M4

http://www.esu.eu/en/pro...roducts/loksound-v30-m4/

Perhaps on the website or in the small box at the right side for further informations you find an answer.

Best regards

TEEWolf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 12 December 2018 08:11:45(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: applor Go to Quoted Post
I can see two pads at the back of the decoder labelled 'IMP' and that appears to be the only logical location and those pads also appear on the loksound 3.5
Just a guess: the decoder has holes for a 21MTC connector and the pins for 21MTC are documented.
I'd try a continuity tester to verify those IMP pads are what you expect.

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
you know I do not know very much about ESU, because I am concentrated on Märklin.
Then you should know much about these decoders - Märklin installed ESU V3 M4 OEM decoders in their locos for years.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline applor  
#4 Posted : 12 December 2018 09:54:23(UTC)
applor

Australia   
I just received a reply on ESU forums saying it is those 2 pads at the back. I'll wire those tomorrow and I guess we'll see.

Edited by user 12 December 2018 22:55:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor