Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2018 01:51:26(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hello Marklin friends,

Many of you are sure to know Brockmann of Munich, Germany. The auction house is known as Munchner Spielzeugauktion and I recently discovered that the auction house is under new ownership, but goes by the same name. They have an auction at the end of this month and it features some wonderful pieces. I have made a small graphic with the highlights:

marklin

For a more detailed review I wrote up an article on MarklinStop here:

https://marklinstop.com/2018/11/marklin-muenchner-spielzuegauktion/

Of particular interest is an E 800 LMS locomotive, which this same auction house sold back in 2001. It's incredible to have such provenance for the piece...

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Paul
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3
Offline Nigel Packer  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2018 08:55:02(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
The Munich auctions have been taken over by Christian Wrede, who is very well organised and business-like, and speaks excellent English. This will actually be the third time the auction has taken place at the Traumwerk. Peter Porsche always intended that the auditorium at the Traumwerk should be used for train auctions, and the arrangement with Christian Wrede works very well.

I and some friends attended the first Wrede auction, which was held at the old Brockmann venue in Planegg (Munich), and it was a double-act between Georg and Christian. When Christian saw I was bidding for something, he switched the auction to English for me!

I have placed bids (and won some stuff) at all of Christian’s auctions so far, and I can say that his packing and postage service is very efficient, and very reasonably priced, at least for me in the UK.

I and my “team” are still in Cologne, so I hadn’t looked at the next auction yet, so thanks, Paul, for pointing it out. I’m not sure I’ll be bidding for the E800LMS, though!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer