Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DraussenUndDrinnen  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2018 18:47:07(UTC)
DraussenUndDrinnen

United States   
New member - thanks in advance for your help.

I have registered several LGB 55524 G Decoders in my CS3 using the discover mfx-device feature in the software. Some of the 55524 units are connected to switch turnouts, some are connected to signals, and some to misc. devices such as uncouplers. They all function great but they all show up as switch turnouts in the CS3 item list.

Is there a way to assign the proper graphic to the 55524 units that are attached to signals etc. ?
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 18 September 2018 02:32:39(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: DraussenUndDrinnen Go to Quoted Post
New member - thanks in advance for your help.

I have registered several LGB 55524 G Decoders in my CS3 using the discover mfx-device feature in the software. Some of the 55524 units are connected to switch turnouts, some are connected to signals, and some to misc. devices such as uncouplers. They all function great but they all show up as switch turnouts in the CS3 item list.

Is there a way to assign the proper graphic to the 55524 units that are attached to signals etc. ?

Welcome as a LGB-fan at the Märklin-forum.BigGrin Doesn't matter, because the digital equipment is almost the same.

Good to read from a memeber who he is very well satisfied with his new CS 3! Also as a LGB fan you got already where we Märklin H0 fans are still waiting for: mfx for turnouts! We only got it for the signals already.

Do I understand your question correctly, you want to change the pictures at your track diagramm to the applicable digital device picture?

In the manual for the CS 3

https://www.maerklin.de/...NUAL_CS3_DE-EN_17-02.pdf

from page 15 "Editing the items list" is described as you set up the pictures and names for your digital devices like turnout, signal, etc.. I know this only for Märklin H0 articles, but I see no difference to the digital LGB articles.

The code, indication and model of your various signals, turnouts etc. you find the specifications in the little manual for your digital device. These you can transfer to the flip-menu in the CS 3.

Or are you asking for a different "proper graphic"?

regards

TEEWolf

Offline DraussenUndDrinnen  
#3 Posted : 19 September 2018 03:33:41(UTC)
DraussenUndDrinnen

United States   
Thank you TEEWolf for your helpful response.

I have been using the "Simple mfx Registration" methodology described on page 52 of the "Running Trains Digitally with the Central Station 3" manual. It has been working pretty well except for the fact that it thinks that all of my 55524 mfx items are switch turnouts Huh. I thought that there might be a CV value that could be changed to make it represent in the Item List as the actual device that the 55524 module is connected to (signal, uncoupler, etc.).

I'm new to the CS3 world but have to admit that it is the best tech. product that I have purchased in a while. Being able to automate routes with the tablet and control locos with my smartphone is very interesting and addictive. But the LGB product integration seems to need more maturation - I can't find my specific LGB devices in the drop-down menus from page 15 "Editing the items list".
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 23 September 2018 01:26:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: DraussenUndDrinnen Go to Quoted Post
Thank you TEEWolf for your helpful response.

I have been using the "Simple mfx Registration" methodology described on page 52 of the "Running Trains Digitally with the Central Station 3" manual. It has been working pretty well except for the fact that it thinks that all of my 55524 mfx items are switch turnouts Huh. I thought that there might be a CV value that could be changed to make it represent in the Item List as the actual device that the 55524 module is connected to (signal, uncoupler, etc.).

I'm new to the CS3 world but have to admit that it is the best tech. product that I have purchased in a while. Being able to automate routes with the tablet and control locos with my smartphone is very interesting and addictive. But the LGB product integration seems to need more maturation - I can't find my specific LGB devices in the drop-down menus from page 15 "Editing the items list".

When I saw these defining menus for the first time, I was wondering myself, why Märklin did not just use the article numbers for identification. Meanwhile, I think, it is obvious. The CS 3 is applicable not only for Märklin even for Trix, LGB, etc. They all have different article#, so in the CS 3 the solenoid article has to be defined by its purpose, oriented by its real life name. A signal for Märklin has anothere article # than a signal for LGB. But the description of both articles are the same. This is usable for definition purposes in the multi usable controller CS 3.

For you, it is important to look up in the LGB manual or LGB database at the LGB homepage for your planned naming article under its real life name.

E.g. in the manual for LGB signals take “Hauptsignal (article #51920) Hp0/Hp1” (in English LGB says its a “Home Signal Hp0/Hp1” – but actually it should be named “Main Signal Hp0/Hp1”). So at the CS 3 pull down menu you have to look for the “Formsignal Hp0/1” (it is a signal shows its orders by an up and down moving wing - oh I just found the correct word in English: semaphore signal) or “Lichtsignal Hp0/1” (light signal is a signal shows its orders only by light, equivalent to a traffic light. These names you will find at the CS 3. Your problem definitely are the labels of Märklin (bad translations) and that these labels are orientated by the original German railway system, which is probably different to the one in your country.

This should lead you to the correct named item in your drop-down menu list.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf